For the guys - how do you carry your gear?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I never got to make to Rome or Athens while I was there. I know they're lovely. I was just more of a city boy who loved city trouble. LoL

I lived in Athens for a really long time. It's a great town. Small, but without much of the small town mentality that plagues most towns that size in Ga.

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I put it whatever pocket is convenient. Sometimes that is the back.

And they aren't purses, they're messenger bag. That, and it isn't a habit, it's more of a logical choice. You have a lot of ish to carry, so you put it in a bag.

dude... it's a purse.. you wouldn't call it a "messenger bag" if a woman was carrying it..

but it's cool.. I'm sure you needed something to carry your tampons.. LOL!

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
When Im out and about with my family, I throw my wallet, keys, phone (soon to be Note 7), etc into my messenger bag for comfortable, and mobility instead of stuffing my pockets and not being able to walk/sit down. My wife makes fun of my bag all the time. Was wondering what other guys out there are doing to carry their "stuff" around instead of just shoving things into their pockets.
The bag I use:
View attachment 235089

This is what I take with me. Sometimes I leave it in the car, but if the area is sketchy I carry it in with me. I pack really light. Just an ipad, charging cables for my phone and ipad, wallet, and a battery bank. Not much else. It's the perfect backpack for me. I also use the KP Sling when I don't need my ipad.

Backpack (Goruck GR1, Pictured below!!): GR1 (Black) - GORUCK

KP Sling: KP> Outfitters of the Modern Adventurer Sling

Highly recommend both, but the Goruck will always be my favorite.
8dbb77ec-2d1f-4a12-8fb7-d341d092f45b.jpeg

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
dude... it's a purse.. you wouldn't call it a "messenger bag" if a woman was carrying it..

but it's cool.. I'm sure you needed something to carry your tampons.. LOL!

I would call a messenger bag being carried by a woman, a messenger bag. Why? Because it isn't a purse. They're two different types of bags.

Now usually I would ignore a lessor comment from someone like you who hide behind an android avatar with no real picture, but this was a tad irritating. Remember, the man carrying this "purse and tampons", as you say, it's still a man when he takes it off his shoulders. And since you wouldn't say this in person, let's keep it classy.

With that said, I hope you have a very good day, and I hoped you learned something from this thread instead of setting us guys back a few centuries with that thought process. The OP likes bags, so do I. That's that, imho.

Sincerely,

An Apparent Purse Lover

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Friends don't let friends wear skinny jeans. And even the Nexus 6 has no issues being carried in normal jeans pockets, so the Note 7 and all these other smaller devices should have no problem.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
When Im out and about with my family, I throw my wallet, keys, phone (soon to be Note 7), etc into my messenger bag for comfortable, and mobility instead of stuffing my pockets and not being able to walk/sit down. My wife makes fun of my bag all the time. Was wondering what other guys out there are doing to carry their "stuff" around instead of just shoving things into their pockets.

I carry my wallet, keys, phone, and a handkerchief in my pockets when I'm out. At one time I used to wear a belt clip to keep my phone in, but I got a new case a while back and switched to carrying it in my pocket. In hindsight it wasn't the best idea because once or twice I accidentally put my keys in that same pocket and the keys or something else I had in there scuffed/scratched up the screen protector. I'm undecided if I'm going to carry my new Note 7 in my pocket. I'll probably go back to wearing a belt clip with it since that will keep it in better condition than my pocket would.

I went on a business trip a couple of weeks ago, and I took some new pants as well as my Asus Zenpad 8.0s 580CA with case and S-pen with me. I was surprised to find during my trip that I was actually able to fit the tablet with pen and case in my pocket quite easily.

Usually when traveling (with books) I'll take a backpack. If I'm going for a more professional trip (like the one a couple of weeks ago) I'll take a laptop/notebook bag.
I've never used a "messenger bag" like you use. I think it depends what type of person you look (and give off the impression of) as far as if you can pull off the look or not. I think it worked for Indiana Jones / Harrison Ford, but if you look (or behave) like the the guy from Hangover (that someone posted a picture of) then I'd say its not a good look for you.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Phone in left front pocket.
License and cards right front pocket.
Single car key on belt loop.
Weapon is inside the waist carry.
Folding knife in right rear pocket.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That's why it pays to be the same size as an NFL lineman.... pockets big enough to satisfy the cargo requirements for your average Mt Everest expidition.