Guys and gals...let all just relax

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
A good reminder. I too have been guilty at times of letting my excitement over new tech become impatience. True, " it is just a phone!"

And nothing more lol. A phone that most will end up breaking up within 12 months to repeat this same cycle of not being patient or nice. I'd rather have some scotch, gin or wine. LoL

Glad someone understands what I'm saying.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I think the last time I got upset over a phone release was with the HTC Evo redux (red stripe, hoooray phone). The only reason I was pissed was that there was a silly FTC trade dispute and those phones got legit stuck in customs and US Customs were being dicks about it... There was drama, but it wasn't conspiracy theory driven...it was stupidly frustrating. In retrospect, having used that phone, I should have just given sprint $9 and then stuck my hand in a blender...would have been easier

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well... people invest a lot into these phones... not just the money aspect (which can be significant), but there is also a time investment. If you are an active poster here on AC you are also, most likely, an enthusiast of the platform, so you have a vested interest. You research phones, etc... So there is a tendancy to personalize things. So when someone comes into a thread and launches a bit of an attack against the phone that you picked, or belittles or mocks your expirience, it's pretty easy to get irritated.... combine that with being frustrated with the situation... well, things can get heated.

If you walk into a thread and see things getting a bit testy, please don't feel the need to pile on, or point out where some people have gone off the rails. Most everyone here has been active on forums on all manners of subjects... how often does that work? The most common outcome to something like that can be boiled down into a single pic:

dumpster fire.jpg

But that's where we come into play.

The simplest, and best, way to handle it is to simply hit that report button and make us aware. Let us handle the situation.... that's what we do.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Well... people invest a lot into these phones... not just the money aspect (which can be significant), but there is also a time investment. If you are an active poster here on AC you are also, most likely, an enthusiast of the platform, so you have a vested interest. You research phones, etc... So there is a tendancy to personalize things. So when someone comes into a thread and launches a bit of an attack against the phone that you picked, or belittles or mocks your expirience, it's pretty easy to get irritated.... combine that with being frustrated with the situation... well, things can get heated.

If you walk into a thread and see things getting a bit testy, please don't feel the need to pile on, or point out where some people have gone off the rails. Most everyone here has been active on forums on all manners of subjects... how often does that work? The most common outcome to something like that can be boiled down into a single pic:

View attachment 235536

But that's where we come into play.

The simplest, and best, way to handle it is to simply hit that report button and make us aware. Let us handle the situation.... that's what we do.

Hahaha! When I first saw the gif before I read your post I thought it was gonna be about burning down T-Mo's shipping dept. Then I remembered I'm not reading a shipment thread.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Interesting behavior continues today, couple of examples:

"I know Sprint chat is full of stupids and they never have right information, but I still IMd them and am mad and disappointed in the information I received there."

Well, okay, you've identified the problem and the solution.

"I called UPS to complain that they're holding my package..."

Why? UPS has nothing to do with street or delivery dates. There isn't a guy in a brown uniform rubbing a bunch of your phones on their face...I promise.

"X carriers customer service is awful, One hand doesn't know what the other is doing."

I'm curious how that's different from any other day of the week.

"I went into a Verizon store and..."

Stop, people in the stores are morons and half the time, you're talking to a 3pv who is both stupid and uninformed....stop...just stop doing this to yourself.

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Not sure I understand the point of the OP. So what if people get excited about their new device. Why do you care? Nobody is forcing your to get excited about their new device. My uncle has a saying that applies here, "To each his own with provolone". Why rain on someone else's parade?

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site

"I know Sprint chat is full of stupids and they never have right information, but I still IMd them and am mad and disappointed in the information I received there."

Why? UPS has nothing to do with street or delivery dates. There isn't a guy in a brown uniform rubbing a bunch of your phones on their face...I promise.

"X carriers customer service is awful, One hand doesn't know what the other is doing."

Stop, people in the stores are morons and half the time, you're talking to a 3pv who is both stupid and uninformed....stop...just stop doing this to yourself.

Why does other people's behavior bother you? This is a public forum, nobody forces you to read these threads/comments, you are free to read and participate and likewise you are free to not read them too. At this point, you're coming across as getting all worked up.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Why does other people's behavior bother you? This is a public forum, nobody forces you to read these threads/comments, you are free to read and participate and likewise you are free to not read them too. At this point, you're coming across as getting all worked up.

What can I say..I'm a student of human behavior, if people are getting this wound up over a thing....a product, something that in no way defines them as a person, social or other status...imagine how absurd and insane they get over religion sex and politics.

But a question begs a question...why do you care if people make general observations and attempt to calm unease? Or are you one of those that believes frantically "raging" against problems solves them :p

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

It's always fun purchasing a new phone in an ATT store. By the time it's done I feel like I just gave a course on Android to the customer service rep.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
It's always fun purchasing a new phone in an ATT store. By the time it's done I feel like I just gave a course on Android to the customer service rep.

Oh too true. Most of the time I just repeat..."don't touch my phone... No I don't want you to activate it....No I don't want you to accept the terms and conditions...no I don't want to login to my Google account in front of you...no I don't want you to install a f'ing thing...no...I don't care about lookout security, your visual voicemail, no I don't want insurance."

Maybe I just need to get a T-shirt printed up!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh too true. Most of the time I just repeat..."don't touch my phone... No I don't want you to activate it....No I don't want you to accept the terms and conditions...no I don't want to login to my Google account in front of you...no I don't want you to install a f'ing thing...no...I don't care about lookout security, your visual voicemail, no I don't want insurance."

Maybe I just need to get a T-shirt printed up!

Mine has been different with T-Mobile store reps. I simply say "Just sell me the phone I will do the rest" and they seem very happy about that. I take it home, open it, and do my stuff.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Chances are if you go in a Verizon store and the rep waiting on you doesn't have a note 7 you won't need one either.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been different with T-Mobile store reps. I simply say "Just sell me the phone I will do the rest" and they seem very happy about that. I take it home, open it, and do my stuff.

I'm envious of that experience and I ling to have one just like it.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, it didn't take a rocket scientist to read the OP title and say to myself "This is going to be someone acting like mommy and daddy and telling everyone else how to act". 100% predictable.

Act how you want. Say what you want..you're paying for the phone.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
What can I say..I'm a student of human behavior, if people are getting this wound up over a thing....a product, something that in no way defines them as a person, social or other status...imagine how absurd and insane they get over religion sex and politics.

But a question begs a question...why do you care if people make general observations and attempt to calm unease? Or are you one of those that believes frantically "raging" against problems solves them :p

Why? Because people that make posts that treat everyone else like children come across as self righteous and know it all's...but, that's my "opinion". Like I said earlier, I didn't even need to read the content of the OP (and boy, talk about a novella) to know exactly what it was going to be about. The title said all I needed to know.

AAAAAAND I was right so there's that.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I concerned for your ability to read if you think 10 bullet points is a novella. You're apparently one of those folks that loves watching people spin their wheels for no reason, I'm not...nor do I see trolling as anything other than an inordinate amount of time wasted.

If you're insinuating that I think I'm better than people who use devices as status symbols, and then loose their minds when that paradigm is challenged....then yes, that's true. I've actually achieved things in my life...I don't need idolatry for that :)

To each his own...go rage against the brick wall...if that's what creams your Twinkie.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty