T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Ordering /Shipping Information

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
My account is showing backordered now and I ordered on the 12th. I don't know how they can have so much conflicting information. If I don't have shipping info on Thursday night I'm just going to cancel my order and go to the store Friday morning.

They have ships 8/18 to 8/19. You really think they would ship our phones the 19th and we get them later than release day? I'd be royally poed!!

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Well I'm off to bed. I'm giving up all hope for tonight. Maybe I'll see movement by morning. If not I guess it'll be Wednesday or Thursday before I get it.

Posted via the Android Central App

nitroevo

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Also there is no guarantee that it will be available on launch day. It could be on back order since it appears to be in high demand. That is what happened in some locations when the note 4 came out (at least in my area).

Yeah so I'm not taking that chance.

ILowry82

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
People can take this for what it's worth. I preordered on the 9th. Got the text on Saturday that they will start packing up devices for shipping. I still have not received a tracking number. I called and spoke to three reps just to see what they would say. They all told me the same thing. NO ONE will receive their device earlier than others. All Note 7's that were preordered will be delivered on the 18th. We who preordered will get them one day prior to the general public. The reason that some have tracking and some don't is because they need to package and ship all preorders in batches. Once a batch is complete, it is being held until the night of the 17th. The reason people are getting charged is because they need that authorization prior to packing the device since they won't be able to find individual devices who's cards get declined. Once a device is packed, the buyer will be emailed a tracking number. They can't wait to send all those tracking numbers out at the same time because it would overload the system. This sounds legit to me but I'm sure people won't buy it. They will continue checking flights out of KY for the next 3 days.

JSH2728

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
People can take this for what it's worth. I preordered on the 9th. Got the text on Saturday that they will start packing up devices for shipping. I still have not received a tracking number. I called and spoke to three reps just to see what they would say. They all told me the same thing. NO ONE will receive their device earlier than others. All Note 7's that were preordered will be delivered on the 18th. We who preordered will get them one day prior to the general public. The reason that some have tracking and some don't is because they need to package and ship all preorders in batches. Once a batch is complete, it is being held until the night of the 17th. The reason people are getting charged is because they need that authorization prior to packing the device since they won't be able to find individual devices who's cards get declined. Once a device is packed, the buyer will be emailed a tracking number. They can't wait to send all those tracking numbers out at the same time because it would overload the system. This sounds legit to me but I'm sure people won't buy it. They will continue checking flights out of KY for the next 3 days.
Well I am beginning to think that's what's going on. Well Thursday delivery is still 1 day early. I'll take it. I have to go back to work Friday I would like time to play with it and setup my new account b4 I head to bed. I work 3rd shift so I sleep in the afternoon. So if it comes Friday I need to do all that b4 bed.

Brian Carnell

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Just my two cents -- this is a really good case of the dangers of creating false expectations during customer service.

I pre-ordered so I could get my phone delivered on the 19th. T-Mobile took my pre-order and all was good. I wasn't expecting to get the phone early.

But on Sunday T-Mobile sent me an email saying:

It's on the way!

Your order is on the way! Here are the details, including the tracking number.

SHIPPING
METHOD UPS Overnight​

So now I'm thinking "Bonus -- T-Mobile's going to show ship my phone to me early...I didn't expect that, but... awesome!"

Except, no. No UPS tracking update info and I assume ILowry82 is correct...the phone will actually come Thursday or Friday. The "It's on its way" merely mean that T-Mobile had finished its part of the shipping transaction on its end, presumably by handing off to UPS to start shipping on Wednesday or Thursday.

No way should T-Mobile send customers emails saying a phone is on its way via overnight shipping when what they really mean is it is sitting in a warehouse all ready to go and will be delivered at the end of the week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87