How to keep note 7 in tip top performance shape and lag free.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I had an s7 edge which went down the drain performance wise after a few months. Battery life severely deteriorated and Web browsing and typing became full of lag. Any tips in maintaining performance on my note 7 when I receive it? I am planning on not restoring any old backups just in case they carry over any previous performance issues.

I don't know what you're talking about. I've had my S7 edge for six months now and the battery is just as good as it was when new and there is no lag.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Nice to know about that "Safe Mode". It has a lot of potential, I wonder if it is present in other models/brands/Android-versions, it could help many people. Particularly, your suggested algorithm sounds very reasonable.
I only read this about the Note 7. I can't speak to any other Android Devices. It's been maybe 8 years since I've had an Android - maybe longer - the HTC ThunderBolt. lol I still have it. I drove that phone a looong time.
BUT, I'm back now - like I've re-married a former wife. :p
HOW TO TURN SAFE MODE ON AND OFF

Peace. Alan

yomny Martinez

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
I think this is inevitable, the lag i mean. I came from an LG5 and in my experience that phone was blazing fast. My new note7, i already notice the lag. That's Samsung and i think it'll be like that for years to come.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I think this is inevitable, the lag i mean. I came from an LG5 and in my experience that phone was blazing fast. My new note7, i already notice the lag. That's Samsung and i think it'll be like that for years to come.
I've been in IT most of my life. You're absolutely correct in that LAG is inevitable. But ALL LAG can be ferreted out and the cause determined - whether it be hardware, software or network. Sometimes it just comes down to Clean Livin' and Safe Hex lol. :p

Peace. Alan

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I only read this about the Note 7. I can't speak to any other Android Devices. It's been maybe 8 years since I've had an Android - maybe longer - the HTC ThunderBolt. lol I still have it. I drove that phone a looong time.
BUT, I'm back now - like I've re-married a former wife. :p
HOW TO TURN SAFE MODE ON AND OFF

Peace. Alan

Thanks for the link.

And I wish you luck with this re-marriage, certainly the "wife" will perform a lot better now...

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Someone had mentioned "Package Disabler Pro" and referred to it as a Samsung app, but I don't see it at their app store.
Anybody? Cause I'm to lazy to Google it, I guess :p.

EDIT> I have NO idea how the duplicate happened or how to delete it

Thanks. Peace. Alan

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Someone had mentioned "Package Disabler Pro" and referred to it as a Samsung app, but I don't see it at their app store.
Anybody? Cause I'm to lazy to Google it, I guess .

EDIT> I have NO idea how the duplicate happened or how to delete it

Thanks. Peace. Alan
Package disabler pro is not a Samsung app. You can download it from the play store

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Package disabler pro is not a Samsung app. You can download it from the play store
Thank you, Sir. I noted they had 2 versions and 1 was for Samsungs.
I'm not having any issues with my Note 7 at all, I'm just a "techie" and like to have a collection of tools. Every now and then I like to raise the hood and have a look see, you know what I mean.;)
Thanks again.

Peace. Alan

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
No i meant it's ridiculous. Samsung should get there act together. I know this lag. It does. Stutters in so many apps. Lags in refreshing the home screen sometimes. But mostly it's inside certain apps. Mostly Google apps. And keyboard while writing long pieces of texts. But i think this keyboard lag exists in every android phone. Don't understand how and why. Its just text. Oh well.

I haven't noticed any lag since I switched to Arrow Launcher.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Me too because I don't see this "lag" the Samsung phones supposedly get.

Me either and I have been using Samsung Notes since the Note 3. I upgrade my Note every year to the newest model and after a year it still ran as fast as it did when I first bought it. I never experienced the slightest bit of lag.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I must be really lucky. Coming from the very fast and fluid Nokia Lumia line I was worried about the "lagdroid" stuff some mentioned. I've had a gold S7 Edge on T-Mobile since February and it's as fast and smooth as the day I bought it.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
There are some good ideas offered above if you are experiencing "lag".

Overall, my N5 is every bit as snappy as Day 1. Battery life is just about the same, with a tad of expected fall-off from being a year old now.

There are so many variables in the different use cases across the user population to accurately say that "lag" is a constant for Samsung or Android phones. Not for me. Must be b/c of what I do or don't do with my phone compared to some others.

That said, I use Package Disabler Pro tweaked to my own needs, I do not have hundreds of apps installed, I restart my phone every few days (pure OCD) and I wiped system cache maybe once in the past year out of curiosity - wondering if something awesome would happen - but it didn't.

I think (and hope!) that the N7 will be far more capable than my N5, and that with my particular use case, I'll continue to expect a lag-free user experience.
I tell ya its Clean Livin' and Safe Hex. :p

Peace. Alan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa