OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Galaxy Note 7?

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Did you go into about, and tap on the build number a bunch of times (6 or 7 if I recall correctly) to turn on developer mode?

Can someone tell me where About is? I looked in Settings under General Management and Advanced Features and didn't see an "About" in either one of those menus. Thanks.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Starting to have buyers remorse on the color. I don't know if Blue Coral is for me after almost 6 months with a silver S7E.

Yes, I'm being whiny.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Which is why even though I always say I'm going to be adventurous with colors on my next phone, I always end up going safe with black or gray lol

B Posey

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
You can change the icons in the theme store. That's something that wasn't previously available on the S7, S6 ect...

Bruce Mao

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
When my phone is off, the lock screen will sometimes wake intermittently. Sometimes with a notification, sometimes without one. Any idea how to get that to stop?

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
One issue i seem to be having is that it seems difficult to pull the pen out with a case on. I dont have long fingernails so its hard trying to grab the edge and pull it out.

This, only thing so far. I actually like the look of TW now. Used to hate it so much but it looks a bit better and functions pretty well. I am looking forward to getting home and playing the the pen with this being my first Note since the Note 2.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Which is why even though I always say I'm going to be adventurous with colors on my next phone, I always end up going safe with black or gray lol
Yep i do the exact same. I stopped at Verizon today to get something. I saw the silver Note 7 and thought about swapping my black one. But I know after a week or two i would want to get black again. It's safe for me.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Starting to have buyers remorse on the color. I don't know if Blue Coral is for me after almost 6 months with a silver S7E.

Yes, I'm being whiny.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
I'm loving the blue. More subdued than my chrome S7 Edge, but not boring black. Love the subtle color changes in the light.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
When my phone is off, the lock screen will sometimes wake intermittently. Sometimes with a notification, sometimes without one. Any idea how to get that to stop?

My phone only turns on with a text notification. However, it will also turn on if the battery is at 100% (after charging).

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Looks like a couple people got lemons. This is one good thing about buying in person you can make sure it works before you leave when they switch the sim card. I ordered and it was a very painless process. A lot better than standing for hours at the store.
Some how it started working over night. Not sure how. I'm going to play around with it and see if it continues. I also noticed that it randomly stopped registering my signal. Had to restart it to get it back.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Looks like a damn S7.

Taller and thinner than my Note Edge. Or maybe I'm use to the "chubz00rz" that is my Note Edge.

Feels like I'm holding metal. Bleh....

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
been pretty happy so far. only things i dont like are pretty picky. coming from a nexus 6, im used to 2 front firing speakers. the N7 speaker is just ok and easy to cover up with your hand/finger. I dont like that samsung reverses the back and app switcher buttons. thats gonna drive me nuts for a bit til i get used to it again. i wish the samsung apps were in the play store. having those in a separate galaxy store is silly. lastly, wouldve been nice if the aug security update was available out of the box or given mfg lead times, at least available as an OTA on day 1.

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I do find it funny that the negative thread has so many responses this quickly, and the "what do you like" thread has already fallen off the page.

People are attracted to negativity, plain and simple. Negative threads always have a zillion responses lol

Well -- i came to the page to be able to quickly find solutions that people have come up with for issues they "perceived". That way "if" I have an issue, I already know how to solve it.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
That stupid as f Qualcomm sticker they put on it that left the top of my phone all gunky. Haha!

In all seriousness though. I'm not sold on TouchWiz. I usually use Nova Prime on my Android phones, but told myself I was gonna wait as long as I could to try it out.
That Qualcomm sticker was nothing. Try peeling off that QR code thing they stick on the bottom back plate. That left a harsh sticky residue to the point where I thought it belonged on the phone. Who's the ***** that thought of that?