AT&T didn't bother sending any supplies to fill pre-orders to the Local Best Buy

elimyst

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Title pretty much says it all, so I have no idea when I'm going to get my phone because they have no information on when they're supposed to receive any.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Title pretty much says it all, so I have no idea when I'm going to get my phone because they have no information on when they're supposed to receive any.

Couldn't you then cancel your order and take your luck at a local AT&T Store?

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't necessarily blame at&t. I seriously doubt the at&t sells the devices to best buy. The items come from samsung directly, or an importer. At&t only authorised best buy to sell the products and have access to their computers systems.

elimyst

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I can't cancel the order and go to AT&T because the AT&T store doesn't have any because they were only shipping straight to the customers who pre-ordered. Also I am not willing to do the AT&T Next program I had to purchase the phone outright which I can only do through the Best Buy credit card because I'm not willing to drop $950 outright like that.

Also, I would say it is AT&Ts fault considering Best Buy received phones for all of the other carriers just not AT&T

ooda

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
AT&T store and Best Buy both say this is an AT&T issue. In my area, no Black or Blue phones have been shipped to the stores. Not even the pre-orders that were promised for pick-up on launch day. Neither AT&T store or Best Buy had any idea when the phones would arrive. Best Buy could tell me it was not on their official truck for today, but that if it was drop shipped they would not get a notice, they would just show up.

AT&T handles the distribution of the phones to both locations. No Best Buy or AT&T store in large radius had received them.

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Came here to reaffirm what others are saying. I was the first person to pre-order at my local best buy and they said they have received ZERO black models, and they have no idea when any are coming. They blamed at&t, not Samsung FWIW.

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Vermont, and got the same thing this morning. I walked in and the lady had a list, which our names, and so nope, ATT hasn't dropped any off yet, but that we usually get two drops a day, and that I should receive an email when it's ready to be picked up. Not to be an entitled baby, but there is no reason for ATT to drag their feed, just sounds like **** poor logistics planning. I also got the Onyx black.

elimyst

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
After paying 950$ for the phone I don't think of it as "entitlement" to simply do their job and ship the phone out so it's there to fulfill the pre-order. The point of the pre-order is make sure you get one when it comes out. If it shows up after the release then there really wasn't a reason to bother with pre-ordering.

They made sure to ship their direct customers phones out on time.

In all honesty they were probably making sure they had time to add extra bloatware

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Lol! I'm sorry, I was just calling myself entitled, and your right when you spend that much on a phone that you pre-ordered, you expect it there when they open.

dprice95

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Costco told me they weren't doing preorders, but they would have some launch day. I went there today, and nothing, and no idea when they might get any. Also went to or called several Best Buys, Sam's Club, Target and an ATT store, and none of them had any. Oh well, maybe I'll just wait and see on the Nexus...

wildcard30

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Just left Best Buy after waiting an hour to be told it might be in the 3:00 shipment. Blue Coral At&t

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Someone posted in another thread that they were told that ATT phones being sent to Best Buy were delayed until October 3rd. If that's the case I'm cancelling my preorder.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
After paying 950$ for the phone I don't think of it as "entitlement" to simply do their job and ship the phone out so it's there to fulfill the pre-order. The point of the pre-order is make sure you get one when it comes out. If it shows up after the release then there really wasn't a reason to bother with pre-ordering.

They made sure to ship their direct customers phones out on time.

In all honesty they were probably making sure they had time to add extra bloatware

Wow, 950??? Mine with tax and the stupid $20 feel Tomobile charges still came out to $930.

elimyst

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Wow, 950??? Mine with tax and the stupid $20 feel Tomobile charges still came out to $930.
the song with 879 99 and then taxes bring it to 950.

I actually just called the Best Buy that I pre-ordered from and they're supposed to call me back in a few minutes to see if they have any of the silver spares in stock and if they do I'm going to cancel and get that one instead of the black.

ooda

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
The Best Buy in my area received the pre-order shipment (for in-store delivery) about 90 minutes ago. It is available for pick-up. Black AT&T version.

sunny wireless

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Same experience at my local Best Buy today. I was told they have no idea when the AT&T versions in blk & blue are coming. Very disappointed at this situation. First world problems.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I really think its the At&t boxes that have made this difference. My best buy had plenty of stock of all other carriers, and only silver at&t. But more seem to be trickling in on At&t.com, so I assume they are getting their reboxing done.

guinnkevinr01

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Att online is only showing silver in the Los Angeles area as being in stock locally. I keep almost pulling the trigger on silver but I'd be bummed if I didn't wait for the black one to be in stock.