Note 7 Launch FAIL

tipopilota

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I would not constitute this a Fail, I would constitute this as a extremely high demand for an amazing product. Take apple for example, when they release phones, you can't find phones in the stores for a month or more and at times have to wait 4-6 weeks after ordering just to receive one. So personally i wouldn't say this is a fail, just a fact that the device is extremely popular and they are trying to meet the high demand.

elimyst

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
" the popularity of the phone took them by surprise". If I remember correctly the same thing was said about the Note 4 Edge, and the Note 5, ans the s7 edge. . . . At what point do you stop being surprised and go "hey maybe we should make enough for everyone"

Posted via the Android Central App

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I still don't understand why people preorder. I walked into a store this morning and got my phone.

Yep ... you got yours before I have gotten mine (still waiting on FedEx). That said, some people have not had luck going out and getting them in the stores. Seems hit or miss.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I still don't understand why people preorder. I walked into a store this morning and got my phone.

I preorder for the same reason I use Amazon prime. Mine was delivered to my doorstep yesterday. I have developed an aversion to Best Buy over the years, and Verizon stores are slow and not too friendly. I especially don't need some clueless employee of either setting my phone up for me. Mix that with the fact I work weekdays, which would have me walking into one of those places late on a Friday night to buy a phone then set it up. No thanks, I'll be at a pub. :)

So why preorder? Less hassle, more conveninece.

JimmyMcGiggin

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I would blame Best Buy if there were any available in the area at carrier stores. Even the AT&T representative said this launch is totally botched. They received zero phone at a very large and busy store.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
It seems those who preordered from the carrier are getting theirs.

Not just carriers. I pre-ordered from BB earlier this week, was in the store around 10:15 this morning, walked out with my Note 7 and GF2 by 10:30. No fail here.

Pippinsky

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Whether its best buy or target or att or whoever, when they do a preorder don't they have a number of units promise from, in this instance, samsung? They must, because sometimes they shut down preorders. It seems absolute crap to accept preorders and not deliver timely.

JimmyMcGiggin

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Whether its best buy or target or att or whoever, when they do a preorder don't they have a number of units promise from, in this instance, samsung? They must, because sometimes they shut down preorders. It seems absolute crap to accept preorders and not deliver timely.

Exactly! What's the point of a pre-order if you get zero phones on launch day?

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Just got this email ...

your pickup date has changed.

We haven't forgotten about you. There's a delay on your pickup item, but we expect it to be ready for you by Friday, August 19, 2016.

tipopilota

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
" the popularity of the phone took them by surprise". If I remember correctly the same thing was said about the Note 4 Edge, and the Note 5, ans the s7 edge. . . . At what point do you stop being surprised and go "hey maybe we should make enough for everyone"

Posted via the Android Central App

It is about the numbers.. Huge Demand, make it a hot product, keep demand going for longer periods of time. Taken right form the apple playbook. Don't you think Apple could make enough products to allow for the phones to be on shelves day one, of course, but they don't because it means they have more demand and more people buying the product for many months vs. just a small window. It is a solid business model, the drives us the consumers nuts, but makes the companies lots and lots of money.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
TOTAL FAIL! What kind of "launch" has no product in the stores, even for those of us who pre-ordered?

Pre-ordered at Best Buy in-store, so I could choose the 256GB memory card. After not receiving an email indicating my Note 7 was ready, I called the store this morning and found out they RECEIVED NO NOTES. Was told best case scenario was waiting until the end of next week. They wouldn't let me cancel on the phone, so I had to drive there just to cancel my order.

Went to my local AT&T Store (I'm in DC), and they RECEIVED NO NOTES either. Was told only one store in the area got any, and they only had 5.

This is a disgraceful product launch by any measure. I was excited to try out the Note 7 and switch from my iPhone, but I'm no longer making the switch. I hope everyone else had a better experience than me and are enjoying their new Note 7!

Let me help you. They are fully stocked at Pentagon City's AT&T. I called earlier. Problem solved.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I preordered in my local BB - got my notification on Thursday morning - got a phone call from the BB last evening to set up a time and I went in at 11:30am this morning and got my Black VZW variant. The guy that did the order told me they only got 7 Note 7's in and none were in the blue color. I was surprised they got so few but glad mine was one of them.

Pippinsky

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
The right thing to do is to generate an email to everyone who preordered and let them know that they are NOT getting their phone. A lot less pissed off peeps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89