Note 7 Launch FAIL

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Just wondering - are people having issues with actual Best Buy stores or the Best Buy Mobile stores? I love my local Best Buys, but the Best Buy Mobile store in the mall is an absolute disaster that I will never frequent again.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Because I was able to sit in the comfort of my home and have the phone personally delivered to me a day early.. :)
I mean, I get online shopping. I buy something online almost once a week. It is online preordering that I don't get.

When it hits the fan, and it usually does, you're just an order number. You will get your order fulfilled when supply chain logistics have been ironed out.

Walking into a store though, you're a priority.

Last edited by a moderator:

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I mean, I get online shopping. I buy something online almost once a week. It is online preordering that I don't get.

When it hits the fan, and it usually does, you're just an order number. You will get your order fulfilled when supply chain logistics have been ironed out.

Walking into a store though, you're a priority.

Which is why I always pre-order for in-store pickup.

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Wait for it, this just in. Not sure if this is the "it's ready for pickup email", but i'll head down after lunch :)

Exciting news, Your order will be ready on 08/19/2016.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine online at Best Buy and picked up in store. It was super easy and the line in their Mobile department was long enough that I would guess they had plenty. Still shows on their site that the one near me has silver and blue for each carrier and black for AT&T and Sprint. I agree that the launch didn't go smoothly but to call it a fail is a little much. The fact people preordered from Samsung or AT&T or their carrier and didn't get one is a bit disappointing especially for those who preordered on the 3rd but Apple launches are typically a little worse with people getting mugged and having to buy 16gb phones so it could be worse.

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
So why is it that Apple can sell out of a phone on launch day and it is a huge success yet if Samsung does the same thing it is an epic fail?

It seems to be me that Best Buy was to blame here, not Samsung.

IMHO!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
" the popularity of the phone took them by surprise". If I remember correctly the same thing was said about the Note 4 Edge, and the Note 5, ans the s7 edge. . . . At what point do you stop being surprised and go "hey maybe we should make enough for everyone"

Posted via the Android Central App

Probably around the same time that consumers stop hating on every new product on the internet and then turning around and wanting one on launch day.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I would blame BestBuy .. not the launch. Plenty of people walked into T-Mobile and got them today when I was there. I was one of them. I had mine pre-ordered but had my buddy join my account and buy one on the spot.

I guess it depends which T-Mobile store you're talking about then, because at my local one, they told me that they are reserving their note 7s only for new activations. Nobody who wants to upgrade is allowed to get one. Fortunately mine came from eBay anyway, or I would be super ticked.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Can't be a launch fail. Mine arrived at 0920 this morning.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Attachments

• 20160819_153057.jpg
    20160819_153057.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 40

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
So why is it that Apple can sell out of a phone on launch day and it is a huge success yet if Samsung does the same thing it is an epic fail?

IMHO!

That's not exactly true. People complain about similar scenarios on iPhone launch days. However, the iPhone pre-ordering system is such that it more often than not let's you know when pre-ordering if you're already on the outside looking in for launch day. At least that's been my experience. And then people rail about that! :D

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
My local Best Buy had absolutely no Note 7s in stock. I had to drive 50 miles to get one. I agree. This was a terrible launch for the phone, but I think Samsung underestimated how many people wanted this device.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak for all areas, but here in the Dallas area it appears the only one that was lacking in stock was AT&T. For whatever reason most stores in the area only had the silver units in stock early in the day. Throughout the day most stores have received deliveries of the other colors. Maybe if they would sell the devices in the Samsung box and not have to package them in their own branded box they could get them out of the warehouse and into the stores on time (purely speculation on my part of course).

elimyst

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

IMHO!

I don't think it qualifies as a "sell out" when just looking at the forums there are hundreds of silver models just sitting around, or sending extra phones to some stores, but not filling the pre-orders in others. That's just [language cleanup] planning, coordination, and in general a big screw up on something that's supposed to be a clone I mean "unique flagship"

elimyst

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
My local Best Buy had absolutely no Note 7s in stock. I had to drive 50 miles to get one. I agree. This was a terrible launch for the phone, but I think Samsung underestimated how many people wanted this device.

It's hard to underestimate demand for a product when you have a bunch of pre-orders from people SAYING HEY WE NEED TO HAVE AT LEAST THIS MANY!!!!!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I can't speak for all areas, but here in the Dallas area it appears the only one that was lacking in stock was AT&T. For whatever reason most stores in the area only had the silver units in stock early in the day. Throughout the day most stores have received deliveries of the other colors. Maybe if they would sell the devices in the Samsung box and not have to package them in their own branded box they could get them out of the warehouse and into the stores on time (purely speculation on my part of course).

If that actually was the reason that there has been a shortage, I would absolutely cherish that fact. As a guy who has gotten destroyed on here for caring about the packaging, I would love it if their stupid idiotic boxes slowed them down and make their release less than smooth. They'd deserve it ten-fold.

I'm going to pretend that's the reason. :D

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana