Samsung Pay Promotion (Note 7 - $20 for using)

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I registered a debit card with Samsung pay, do I just need to make a payment and that's it? I get a $20 credit? Nothing else to register?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I registered a debit card with Samsung pay, do I just need to make a payment and that's it? I get a $20 credit? Nothing else to register?
Yep. I had 1 credit card registered, paid with Samsung pay, had the notification about the $20 practically before I got the receipt.

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Yep. I had 1 credit card registered, paid with Samsung pay, had the notification about the $20 practically before I got the receipt.

Once you register your card, how long did you wait before you purchased something? I registered mine last night and wondered when I can start using it.

Daniel Ferrara

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
This may be a silly question, but I assume if you use a debit card with Samsung pay, you select debit on the card reader in the store, and credit for credit, right? With debit, it asks for a pin, so you should use the four digits on the phone's screen? Tried using my $20 debit gift card from Samsung at the supermarket (trader Joe's) and it didn't work. Not sure what I did wrong.

Posted via the Android Central App

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung pay $20 promotion

I just stopped off on the way home and picked a couple bottles of wine. Used Samsung pay for the transaction and received notification I had just qualified for the promotion. Samsung loaded a $20 gift card into my Samsung pay wallet and loaded $20 right away. Easiest promotion I've ever participated in.

Thanks for the wine Samsung.
I did it, saw I could get the promo as well. But when I try to redeem it, I get this.

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
This may be a silly question, but I assume if you use a debit card with Samsung pay, you select debit on the card reader in the store, and credit for credit, right? With debit, it asks for a pin, so you should use the four digits on the phone's screen? Tried using my $20 debit gift card from Samsung at the supermarket (trader Joe's) and it didn't work. Not sure what I did wrong.

Same thing happened to me today at Macy's, when I chose "debit" when checking out. . The cashier and myself tried it again and chose "credit" and it worked perfectly.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me today at Macy's, when I chose "debit" when checking out. . The cashier and myself tried it again and chose "credit" and it worked perfectly.
Choosing credit is the best choice when using Samsung pay, if you don't want to input your pin into the terminal afterwards.....
I've tested both ways.
Macy's also accepts android pay and the Gear S2 nfc only Samsung pay.... I used my S2 classic at Macy's before

Last edited:

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Stupid question time, Sorry in advance

Shouldn't Samsung Pay be pre loaded with the Note 7 if it is I can't find it
or do I need to download it ?

Erik Read

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Brand new to Android...went with the Note 7. Registered for Samsung Pay, used it (works great), got the notification about the $20 debit card but still don't see it in my Samsung Pay app. Anyone else?

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Call the bank and tell them you're trying to get verification for Samsung pay...
I'm with Bank of America and didn't have to got through that... A text message was sent to my phone from the bank, with a code to enter into the app...

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Same question for me. I don't understand what i am supposed to do to verify my card.

Happened with my bank. I called and the guy knew exactly what I needed and about 30 seconds later I got the message my card was verified.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch