Pre-orders for UK

furby23

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why the UK have to wait an extra two weeks to get our phones when most of the World already have theirs, especially when it was launched in London. I WANT MY PHONE NOOOOW :D

Yeah especially since i went and got my hands on a demo unit a couple days ago.
Im just hoping they deliver on time. the usa folks over on reddit have been given an extra week delay, some even more. Edit: at least we get the more efficient device and better battery :mad:

SinWithAGrin86

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah especially since i went and got my hands on a demo unit a couple days ago.
Im just hoping they deliver on time. the usa folks over on reddit have been given an extra week delay, some even more. Edit: at least we get the more efficient device and better battery :mad:

How do you know it will have a better battery?

fitcherama

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Just hope the UK shipments don't suffer like those in the US! I've had every new iPhone on launch day having bought through the Apple Store online preorder. Never failed. You would expect the same from Samsung but looks not to be the case in America. Really bad form to promise launch day delivery (or sooner) and then not deliver. The people (like us) that preorder are generally keen and loyal fans so should be treated with respect that way.
Hopefully the two more weeks we have to wait after all the rest of the world deliveries gives them time to manufacture stock for the preorders!
By the way furby23 - are you sure about battery comment?

SinWithAGrin86

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Just hope the UK shipments don't suffer like those in the US! I've had every new iPhone on launch day having bought through the Apple Store online preorder. Never failed. You would expect the same from Samsung but looks not to be the case in America. Really bad form to promise launch day delivery (or sooner) and then not deliver. The people (like us) that preorder are generally keen and loyal fans so should be treated with respect that way.
Hopefully the two more weeks we have to wait after all the rest of the world deliveries gives them time to manufacture stock for the preorders!

I have always pre-ordered my iPhones too and always had them on the date they say. Will be disappointed if Samsung don't deliver on time, especially when they have seen what has happened in the American pre-orders. I don't get how people have got their phones first who have ordered from Best Buy before people who have ordered from the Samsung website, I would have thought the Samsung site would ship out before the chain stores.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Hoilday 7th September so I will be very angry if it doesn't come on time as I plan to sell my 6s plus when I get my note 7 but if it comes after my resell value for my iPhone will go down a lot due to the iPhone being out when Iam on Hoilday.

hnrykw

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I guess everybody having the same experience.
I preordered 6:13am (i was a little late since my card had an error so i just switched to paypal), I got the case, the gearvr and the pending paypal status. Really hoping it comes on the 30th or the 31st.

Even though we get it a couple weeks later, I'm happy we get a free gearvr.
Not sure if I regret preordering with samsung official website tho since carphone warehouse seem to being doing the same thing (giving a free gearvr) but for £50 less at £699 instead of £749 :s

furby23

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

Yep. not sure if you are new to android/ samsung but exynos have been shown time and time again (latest with the s7edge) to have better battery life. americans have snapdragon whilst we, and a few other countries have exynos. exynos is actually made by samsung themselves thus providing a more efficient battery experience. the snapdragon is said to have some benefits too under intensive processing however that is only when pushed via benchmark tests. in reality it is generally accepted that exynos is prevalent over snapdragon, to the extent where some americans actually order exynos versions in. we certainly do not order snapdragons in lmao.

The reason it exists is something to do with LTE bands not working correctly with exynos. thus they had to create snapdragon.

there are much better examples of what im trying to say online as well as tests. but that is the premise.

furby23

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
How do you know it will have a better battery?

Yep. not sure if you are new to android/ samsung but exynos have been shown time and time again (latest with the s7edge) to have better battery life. americans have snapdragon whilst we, and a few other countries have exynos. exynos is actually made by samsung themselves thus providing a more efficient battery experience. the snapdragon is said to have some benefits too under intensive processing however that is only when pushed via benchmark tests. in reality it is generally accepted that exynos is prevalent over snapdragon, to the extent where some americans actually order exynos versions in. we certainly do not order snapdragons in lmao.

The reason it exists is something to do with LTE bands not working correctly with exynos. thus they had to create snapdragon.

there are much better examples of what im trying to say online as well as tests. but that is the premise.

furby23

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I preordered 6:13am (i was a little late since my card had an error so i just switched to paypal), I got the case, the gearvr and the pending paypal status. Really hoping it comes on the 30th or the 31st.

Not sure if I regret preordering with samsung official website tho since carphone warehouse seem to being doing the same thing (giving a free gearvr) but for £50 less at £699 instead of £749 :s

I was online at 5:59 ready to go. my card wouldnt work twice (had more than enoughmoney in there)... then i decided to use paypal too (which is being funded by the same card anyway, go figure haha)...

Got a call from my bank the same day and they had blocked both attempts because they thought it was fraud and that my card had been stolen! after speaking to them they explained that it got automatically blocked because it didnt fit in with my spending habits (£739 at 6am on a wednesday morning lol) and they were trying to protect me! thank god for paypal eh

fitcherama

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I see. I thought you meant it had a bigger battery! Understand now.

hnrykw

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I was online at 5:59 ready to go. my card wouldnt work twice (had more than enoughmoney in there)... then i decided to use paypal too (which is being funded by the same card anyway, go figure haha)...

Got a call from my bank the same day and they had blocked both attempts because they thought it was fraud and that my card had been stolen! after speaking to them they explained that it got automatically blocked because it didnt fit in with my spending habits (£739 at 6am on a wednesday morning lol) and they were trying to protect me! thank god for paypal eh
I'm so damn glad somebody had the same experience lmao. Stayed up late, slept for an hour and woke up ten minutes before 6am (I wish they did midnight release instead) and I started freaking out when I got payment errors as I had already sorted all the money out. Like you my PayPal is connected to card but it makes me wonder how many people were affected by that :p

A day or two after I also got the fraud message, I hate phoning up the bank but yeah it's totally understandable why they thought it was fraud lmao. I bet the bank had a fun time giving out tons of fraud messages.

SinWithAGrin86

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

The same thing happened to me, my card got blocked and had to ring them to unblock it... I was worried the pre-orders would be gone by the time to re-order but I was lucky :)

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

I heard the VR was only free via contract on CPW

furby23

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm so damn glad somebody had the same experience lmao. Stayed up late, slept for an hour and woke up ten minutes before 6am (I wish they did midnight release instead) and I started freaking out when I got payment errors as I had already sorted all the money out. Like you my PayPal is connected to card but it makes me wonder how many people were affected by that :p

A day or two after I also got the fraud message, I hate phoning up the bank but yeah it's totally understandable why they thought it was fraud lmao. I bet the bank had a fun time giving out tons of fraud messages.

DAMN! exactly the same as me, good to hear im not the only one! my only concern is when samsung try to take the money from my paypal via my card... hope it doesnt happen again! fingers crossed it goes smoothly!

Dealz417

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Ordered one sim free from carphonewarehouse. Comes with the free vr headset and delivery on the 31st August.
31st August? It should be 30th as it's 3 days early delivery with pre-orders.

I pre-ordered from carphone warehouse as well, mine also comes with the Free Gear VR 2016 edition for delivery on or before the 30th.

Mine is contract.

Dealz417

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I just spoke to Carphone Warehouse and the person confirmed that all pre-orders placed before the 26th (Friday) will be delivered on the 30th (Tuesday).

DPD will get the phones on the 26th and will send out emails/SMS on the morning of the 30th with a 1 hour delivery window.

SinWithAGrin86

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I just spoke to Carphone Warehouse and the person confirmed that all pre-orders placed before the 26th (Friday) will be delivered on the 30th (Tuesday).

DPD will get the phones on the 26th and will send out emails/SMS on the morning of the 30th with a 1 hour delivery window.

Hmm... lets see if that is what will happen :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana