Note 8 trade in offer status for Samsung.com orders

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to start a new thread for tracking trade in status for Samsung.com orders. Especially, Note 7 owners who made use of the $425 trade in. Let's use this thread to discuss and keep updated on the trade in status.

Note: Please don't use this thread to argue that Samsung isn't going to honor the $425 trade in etc. We all know it could happen, so for now I just want to make sure we have one place to discuss if trade in are getting accepted, rejected etc.

Personally, I'm planning to print the shipping label today and send the iPhone 5. What's your status?

To Mods:
Not sure if there is a separate thread tracking trade in status, i know there is a pre-order shipping thread for Samsung.com orders but it gets messy there trying to filter out just the trade in posts.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have instructions on how to send it back? Samsung said i should get an email on how to do that two days after i receive my note 8. Got the phone on Thursday no email from Samsung yet. I know where to get the shipping label on their site, just can't find instructions on sending it back. Thanks

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Anyone have instructions on how to send it back? Samsung said i should get an email on how to do that two days after i receive my note 8. Got the phone on Thursday no email from Samsung yet. I know where to get the shipping label on their site, just can't find instructions on sending it back. Thanks

There really are no instructions. I just printed the label and sent it back, using the same box and padding that my Note 8 came in. I sent an iPhone 5.

wildcard30

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I sent my S5 in great condition out on Thursday when I got my Note 8. It should be delivered tomorrow in Texas. I video chatted with Samsung customer service through the Samsung+ app and I was told just to send only the phone and make sure it was factory reset. I was also told to write the rf# on the printing label on 3 different sides of the box I was shipping the phone in which I did. I also wrote it on a piece of paper which I put in the box with the phone.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I sent my S5 in great condition out on Thursday when I got my Note 8. It should be delivered tomorrow in Texas. I video chatted with Samsung customer service through the Samsung+ app and I was told just to send only the phone and make sure it was factory reset. I was also told to write the rf# on the printing label on 3 different sides of the box I was shipping the phone in which I did. I also wrote it on a piece of paper which I put in the box with the phone.
Is it the rf# that lets them know who sent back what phone? Seems like there would be a form you would put in the box.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The reference number is also on the shipping label, when I sent I didn't write it on all sides of the box. Hopefully that doesn't create problem associating the return with my order.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Is it the rf# that lets them know who sent back what phone? Seems like there would be a form you would put in the box.

When I did the S8+ trade-in promo i only had the shipping label. Nothing besides the phone was in the box and they processed it just fine.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I didn't write anything on the box. Nothing I saw said that was required. Tracking number should be sufficient.

LL HUGH J

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of worried because I actually sent my Note 7 back for the $425 trade in. I guess I blame myself for lack of information. I know I could have gotten a cool 1G if I sent it directly to Samsung outside of this promotion, but on top of that, I don't even know if they will outright accept the Note 7 for this promotion...since it's for "former" Note 7 users, not current. Note 7 isn't listed on the list of acceptable devices. I guess I'll wait and see.....shipping shows that it will arrive to Samsung tomorrow.

Blackhwk77

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
What device did you select then ?

I'm kind of worried because I actually sent my Note 7 back for the $425 trade in. I guess I blame myself for lack of information. I know I could have gotten a cool 1G if I sent it directly to Samsung outside of this promotion, but on top of that, I don't even know if they will outright accept the Note 7 for this promotion...since it's for "former" Note 7 users, not current. Note 7 isn't listed on the list of acceptable devices. I guess I'll wait and see.....shipping shows that it will arrive to Samsung tomorrow.

Cherries01

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of picking an refurbish iPhone 5S from Walmart, but after reading the reviews there, some folks received defected phones. Afraid, the phone might be defective when sending off to Samsung Lol.

I was going pay-off my iPhone 6S Plus and trade it in, but it seems I can sell off on Swappa for $300.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nusaka