08-25-2016 01:10 PM
119 ... 2345
tools
    Thank u for all positive feed back. Gonna give couple more days and see if I can make it work. Not trying talk bad about iPhone or android Just wanna make sure my money is well spend and I'm happy with my choice
    If you keep the Note 7, you may be able to purchase a wireless charging vehicle dock. So you can eliminate the wires if you get your music working via bluetooth. Article is from April 2015, but good quick guide. A quick look at wireless charging tech for the car | Android Central
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-20-2016 08:38 PM
    It's always hard to leave an iPhone for me. I've had a Note 4 and Note 5. Would last a few months then back to an iPhone. I had a Nexus 6p for a month and then again back to an iPhone. Productivity wise nothing can beat the Note. I'm in the US on vacation and tried the Note 7 a few days ago at T-Mobile. Amazing phone and probably the nicest phone I have ever seen. If I can get good value for my 6S Plus I might make the switch again when I get back to Canada 😉.
    08-20-2016 08:55 PM
    So how u charge your phone if u don't use usb?
    Well I'm not spending more than couple of hours per day in the car so don't worry about charging. You do get quick charger for the car so I use that if I'm on a long road trip or when needed. So quick car charger + Bluetooth, can't go wrong with this combo.
    08-20-2016 09:42 PM
    It's always hard to leave an iPhone for me. I've had a Note 4 and Note 5. Would last a few months then back to an iPhone. I had a Nexus 6p for a month and then again back to an iPhone. Productivity wise nothing can beat the Note. I'm in the US on vacation and tried the Note 7 a few days ago at T-Mobile. Amazing phone and probably the nicest phone I have ever seen. If I can get good value for my 6S Plus I might make the switch again when I get back to Canada .
    HTC M8 is a better looking phone. N7 look like every phone out there. With that said, if you don't care about S-pen, sticking to
    Iphone isn't a bad idea. Better battery and better customer support.
    08-20-2016 09:44 PM
    I feel like I'm stuck in a time warp from 4 years ago whenever I use an iPhone. The lack of features and modern flagship hardware (not even talking about specs) is staggering.
    08-20-2016 09:49 PM
    Legit question to the OP and others, why not just use an aux cable? I had an expensive system in my last car and still found it easier to just plug in the aux.
    08-20-2016 10:56 PM
    I'm trying connect to usb. It schowes galaxy connected but they it say ubs don't recognize device. Then when I play music won't play tru car speakers just thru the phone
    Mine does the same when plugged in. Says the USB C is not supported. I'll deal though. I went back to Apple because other family members did and it's a great phone but to boring for me. I want a phone that I can customize and change and download what I want. Just isn't for me BUT everyone is different. If Apple is the best fit for you then you should keep the apple. It's a great product too.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-20-2016 11:09 PM
    Legit question to the OP and others, why not just use an aux cable? I had an expensive system in my last car and still found it easier to just plug in the aux.
    My car doesn't have that option. But now that I think about it, it was still connected via Bluetooth because my music played through the speakers. I'm just connecting while using GPS. I'll have to play with mine in the car tomorrow.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-20-2016 11:14 PM
    Lol. My wife has 128Gb in her radio usb. She got tired of the phone calls on the radio cuz she couldn't listen to music and talk.
    haha. thats cute. she must talk alot on the phone.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-21-2016 01:20 AM
    Just got my Note 7 yesterday, switched from an iPhone 6S Plus. There a few differences, but there's NO WAY I'm returning this phone. The hardest thing was getting it to play nice with my Mac but I got that covered now. Bluetooth wasn't an issue, my headphones and car adapter were connected without a hassle.
    debdroid1a and Nostromo79 like this.
    08-21-2016 01:26 AM
    Just got my Note 7 yesterday, switched from an iPhone 6S Plus. There a few differences, but there's NO WAY I'm returning this phone. The hardest thing was getting it to play nice with my Mac but I got that covered now. Bluetooth wasn't an issue, my headphones and car adapter were connected without a hassle.
    Would you like to expand on that, I have a iMac too?
    08-21-2016 01:34 AM
    This is me on my phone constantly. If I get 5 hours screen time I am beyond pleased. Remember the tips to help as far as location services to power saving, that helps so so so much Attachment 236288
    I certainly wouldn't be happy with 5 hours. I get 7.5 to 8 hours average on my S7E Exynos (stock). That's after having been on battery for 1.5 to 2 days. WiFi on, approx. 40% auto brightness and regular 4g use.
    08-21-2016 02:43 AM
    I'm trying connect to usb. It schowes galaxy connected but they it say ubs don't recognize device. Then when I play music won't play tru car speakers just thru the phone
    Maybe contact your car dealer for assistance. I have a Fiat 500 which I have to "pair" my phone for my phone to work properly. Also check if you're using an usb that you're not trying to charge the phone and play music at same time. If it's like my car I have to connect the cord through the correct port in the glove box. Hope you find the answers to get things working properly.
    08-21-2016 03:42 AM
    Im trying thru sub but it say usb doesn't recognize device then it will show Galaxy on the screen but when I play music it won't play thru the speakers.
    Delete any ios devices connected to your car stereo via bluetooth then connect the Note 7 via bluetooth,not usb,should work fine and no cables
    08-21-2016 03:50 AM
    Do what's best for you but you really should give it far more time than a few days. I had some issues connecting my edge to my car Bluetooth.

I had to create a new one for it to work..guessing you need to as well.
    08-21-2016 04:22 AM
    I bounced from iPhone to android several times in the past 8 years and end up going back to the iPhone. It blame it more on the ecosystem because all of my computers are Apple products.
    Nobody will ever convince me that iPhones pair well with Windows OS or Chrome OS.
    08-21-2016 08:20 AM
    I currently own an iPhone 6 and honestly, if Apple remove the headphone Jack from all future iPhones then my current iPhone 6 will be the last one I use. I had a Galaxy S2 (still do in fact) and it was bullet proof. Both my Galaxy S3 and Note 3 were just terrible and although I realise I probably had defective handsets, it put me off Samsung for life.

A couple of years back, if you had asked me if I would ever get another Samsung phone, I would have definitely said 'no' as my Note 3 actually cost me about 1500GBP worth of employment when it decided to switch itself off and wouldn't turn on again until the battery was pulled, which was an impossible task to do when driving on a motorway, even if I had realised the phone was off in the first place (it was just sitting on the passenger seat next to me).

However... the new Note 7 looks simply gorgeous and I love the features on it. If the screen is as easily scratched as the recent scratch test seems to indicate, then a screen protector would be an absolute necessity for anyone looking to take care of their device.

I'm still on the fence about this and will wait for a few more reviews to come out but honestly as someone who uses whichever ecosystem fits his needs, this phone looks like it will be a good progression for me if Apple do decide to remove the headphone jack.
    08-21-2016 03:19 PM
    She's said what kinda car she has multiple times.

She should just use Bluetooth or aux. Most vehicles USB port only works with iPhone or if it does work with Android, it has to be in file sharing mode. If you're playing the files on your phone, it's not going to come out of your speakers because it's not USB audio enabled. It's only to share your files so the system can play them itself. Hopefully that makes sense
    Well those posts were not there when i responded. The app has been acting very weird for me too.
    08-21-2016 03:49 PM
    Well those posts were not there when i responded. The app has been acting very weird for me too.
    Oh ok. I was wondering what the deal was because they were in the thread before your post.
    08-21-2016 03:59 PM
    I made the switch from a iPhone to the note after 3 years using a iPhone. I tried with last year's note and crumbled by day 10. I feel better about this choice this year. Went through found all my cross platform apps... Car stereo I'm still working on assume you are trying through a USB. Easy solution is a Bluetooth adapter that works in the USB plugs
    08-21-2016 04:03 PM
    I'm switching from the iPhone 6s plus and had some concerns after the first day. I'm starting day 3 now and I'm really starting to like the Note. It's normal to try and use android like you use the iPhone but it is just different and you need to give it at least a couple weeks of daily use to see if you like it.

For me, the display is better and bigger, it is noticeably lighter, and it is easier to hold for one handed use. The camera is amazing. The battery is not as good as the 6s plus but it is pretty good. Of course, if been setting it up since I got it so once I'm done with that, I'll see what normal use will be like.

I use Google for my email, calendar, and contacts so no issues with moving that over. Apple Music for Android is really good. BTW, the rest of my family are on iPhones and we have Apple everything. IMacs, Macbooks, iPad Pros, Apple TVs, Apple Music family subscription... needless to say we are all in on the Apple ecosystem. That being said, I think the Note7 will work for me.

I haven't even played with the S-pen yet. I'm on T-Mobile JOD, so if the iPhone 7, is not great, I'll be sticking with the Samsung until the iphone 8 next year.

Give the old college try before you switch back.
    Zam... I am in the same boat as you... or on the same Zamboni. HAHA I would like to know how things are going for you in a week or two. It's tough having the family on iOS and I am not. I also have an issue with iMessage. I am an insurance agent and I have a lot of NHL players as clients. They all communicate with me thru text and they all have iPhones. Last time I tried to switch people told me to just contact all my clients and have them delete my contact and put it back in... UH.... NO!!!! I'm hoping it better now. I was talking to one of them last night and it went thru ok. Fingers crossed.

As far as the family goes... My kid it playing Jr's back east. I will miss seeing when he is texting me back, but even he said GO FOR IT DAD... I'm giving it a 14 day try.
    zamboni52 likes this.
    08-21-2016 04:56 PM
    Zam... I am in the same boat as you... or on the same Zamboni. HAHA I would like to know how things are going for you in a week or two. It's tough having the family on iOS and I am not. I also have an issue with iMessage. I am an insurance agent and I have a lot of NHL players as clients. They all communicate with me thru text and they all have iPhones. Last time I tried to switch people told me to just contact all my clients and have them delete my contact and put it back in... UH.... NO!!!! I'm hoping it better now. I was talking to one of them last night and it went thru ok. Fingers crossed.

As far as the family goes... My kid it playing Jr's back east. I will miss seeing when he is texting me back, but even he said GO FOR IT DAD... I'm giving it a 14 day try.
    Blue,

The individual text messages are working fine. The group messages I'm still working out. When I send a group message everyone gets it, but when they reply to the group I don't get it. I'm starting to get some now, maybe it's just a matter of time. Btw, i sent the initial group message using their cell phone numbers. I'm the only one on Android. Make sure to deregister or turn off iMessage on your iPhone, before you swap sims.
    Bluehair62 likes this.
    08-21-2016 05:02 PM
    It will never work through that usb. Only iPhones will do that. Haven't been able to find a workaround.
    08-21-2016 08:31 PM
    I came to the Note 7 from the iPhone 6s Plus and I'm not going back. My iPhone had superior battery life but that's all it has on the Note 7 in my opinion. Ever since I started playing Pokemon Go (don't judge) I've needed to top off my iPhone during the day anyway, so the weaker battery isn't as hard to deal with.
    08-21-2016 08:37 PM
    I remember going from blackberry to Android years back. It was tough, but I saw blackberry was a sinking ship.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-21-2016 10:13 PM
119 ... 2345