I think I'm gonna return it anyone else feels like that?

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I know. But I'm not hating on anyone just looking for advice

Hi Anna! Don't worry, you don't come across like a "hater" (a scared bunny rabbit, maybe : )

Seriously, i just was curious... OBVIOUSLY there were many, many features Note 7 offered that "wooed" you over....have any of those disappointed you?

As for your car, being as its a 2015 Ford, i am SURE its just a matter of getting it set up right with ur car's bluetooth. Once you do, the way i remember my iphone 6s working with my RAM's infinti system was, "soon as i walked out of truck, music will stop, (and if i didn't close the app) when you get back in it will "start playing again" without ever touching a button. My Samsung Android phone's never performed quite THAT seamless with bluetooth car stero, but i haven't paired any recently so i'm not sure if they now are SUPPOSED to work that same way... ANYONE?

In any case, i also would give it more time. My guess is you're facing a restocking fee, so why not get the most out of and wait till the last possible second? Can't you use ur Samsung headphones in the meantime while you sort it out & check out all the rest the phone has to offer??!! Good luck!

IMG_0175 (2).jpg

BTC (Sammy's #1 Fan But I Can Also See The Beauty Of An iPhone's Lure : )

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I commute to work so I spend a lot of time in my car unfortunately I want my phone to work then I wanna listen to pandora or something

I would use Bluetooth. We have a Ford Expedition with sync, and my notes work fantastically over BT while charging. I have not played music through the hard wire.

RustyNeedlePM

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I just moved from the iPhone 6s plus to the note 7. I've spent only 3 days on it and I still love it. I've been an apple since day 1.. upgraded to every new phone every year... it's kinda what ive been known for at work, me switching has shocked, I have switched everybody to the iPhone so me jumping ship has concerned people... but no regrets I think its the change I've been looking for. I've successfully synced my calendars with my icloud cal. My whole family is iPhone so calendar is an important feature... smoothsync solves that, Google photos has been create moving my pics over, etc so all in all im a happy camper for now! Battery wise it's comparable to my battery for 6s plus... seems a bit better... but it charges way quicker! But again that's just my experience...

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just use Bluetooth in car, I have both iPhones as Android phones, use Bluetooth and never bother with USB connection etc. For me Bluetooth is actually preferable.

Anna320

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Thank u for all positive feed back. Gonna give couple more days and see if I can make it work. Not trying talk bad about iPhone or android Just wanna make sure my money is well spend and I'm happy with my choice

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So how u charge your phone if u don't use usb?

A lot of good car chargers will probably charge the device just as fast or faster than through the USB cable. That port may be limited to a .5 amp output versus 2 or even 3 amps by dedicated chargers.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if one day is enough time to decide, especially if coming from a different OS. Standby on Android isn't as good as iOS, but actual for actual use the battery life doesn't seem that much different than my 6s Plus.

I don't know why people talk as though iPhones have such great battery life. I switched from an iPhone 6s Plus to a Moto Z Force and the Z Force blows it out of the water. I would guess the Note 7 is similar to the Force in terms of battery life.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying connect to usb. It schowes galaxy connected but they it say ubs don't recognize device. Then when I play music won't play tru car speakers just thru the phone
I agree with the earlier post about changing OS ecosystems **There will be culture shock and differences** Also you should sit down and figure out what your needs are and will the note meet those needs or is the iPhone a better fit for your specific needs.
I would make the following suggestions to you, Give it some time for you to get used to the differences and seek out help from friends and the forums where there are a bunch of folks that really understand how to do nearly anything (I bet there's YouTube videos that would be helpful) one of the hardest things when changing ecosystems is that you already have a lot of time & resources invested in the one you are moving from.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
BR

luckydwg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Was thinking I can switch from iPhone to note 7 but after one day with the note I don't think I can. Still can't get it to work with my car stereo and batt seems to go down the drain so fast. I think im just gonna keep my iPhone and return note 7
For the Bluetooth try this app it has helped me

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.android_rsap.irmc&token=QDbXAWJk

As far a battery life check the forums once u do a little leg work it should be as good as a iPhone 6s plus.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Plug into usb to charge only. But use bluetooth for audio. That's what I do in my ram. When I connect the usb cable to charge the stereo switches to usb but can't find any music. I select bluetooth on the stereo and all my music apps play while the phone charges.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank u for all positive feed back. Gonna give couple more days and see if I can make it work. Not trying talk bad about iPhone or android Just wanna make sure my money is well spend and I'm happy with my choice

If you keep the Note 7, you may be able to purchase a wireless charging vehicle dock. So you can eliminate the wires if you get your music working via bluetooth. Article is from April 2015, but good quick guide. A quick look at wireless charging tech for the car | Android Central

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
It's always hard to leave an iPhone for me. I've had a Note 4 and Note 5. Would last a few months then back to an iPhone. I had a Nexus 6p for a month and then again back to an iPhone. Productivity wise nothing can beat the Note. I'm in the US on vacation and tried the Note 7 a few days ago at T-Mobile. Amazing phone and probably the nicest phone I have ever seen. If I can get good value for my 6S Plus I might make the switch again when I get back to Canada 😉.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So how u charge your phone if u don't use usb?
Well I'm not spending more than couple of hours per day in the car so don't worry about charging. You do get quick charger for the car so I use that if I'm on a long road trip or when needed. So quick car charger + Bluetooth, can't go wrong with this combo.

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
It's always hard to leave an iPhone for me. I've had a Note 4 and Note 5. Would last a few months then back to an iPhone. I had a Nexus 6p for a month and then again back to an iPhone. Productivity wise nothing can beat the Note. I'm in the US on vacation and tried the Note 7 a few days ago at T-Mobile. Amazing phone and probably the nicest phone I have ever seen. If I can get good value for my 6S Plus I might make the switch again when I get back to Canada ??????.

HTC M8 is a better looking phone. N7 look like every phone out there. With that said, if you don't care about S-pen, sticking to
Iphone isn't a bad idea. Better battery and better customer support.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I feel like I'm stuck in a time warp from 4 years ago whenever I use an iPhone. The lack of features and modern flagship hardware (not even talking about specs) is staggering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984