Screen Sensitivity

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed this, too. It's not an enormous issue, but my last two phones (One M8 and Moto X Pure) were definitely a bit more sensitive.

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I took my protector off, but that wasn't the problem. I did notice it happens with certain apps, and certain parts of the screen seems to be more susceptible to the problem.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from Nova to Touchwiz and still have same issue, so it's definitely the Zagg screen protector.

Posted via the Android Central App
We won't really know unless you take off the Zagg and the screen returns to normal. apparently it does not help everyone

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Factory reset should do it. I did it and its fine since.

That's great, my 256gb gift sd card will be here on Tuesday. Since I didn't transfer my files from my Note 4 to my Note 7 correctly, when I get the 256 sd card, going to BestBuy and get the Samsung Reps to reset and transfer my files from the Note 4 to the Note 7 correctly. Hopefully, like yours, the sensitivity will be there ..

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
That's not a solution I would undertake lightly. I estimate 20 hours of work getting my phone set up even though I used smart switch.

Well, since I blew my basic setup, that is why I am getting the Samsung Reps to do the factory reset and transfer my files from Note 4 to Note 7.. 20 hours??? :D
Going to take a tablet with me and look at a movie while they doing it... Ha!! :D

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
im having the same issue. Most of the time i cant long press with my index fingers, which makes scrolling through websites annoying. Instead of scrolling up or down the phone registers a click.

Btw. No screen protector on my phone, and happens with nova and touchwiz
Posted a video in one of the threads showing what i mean.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, since I blew my basic setup, that is why I am getting the Samsung Reps to do the factory reset and transfer my files from Note 4 to Note 7.. 20 hours??? :D
Going to take a tablet with me and look at a movie while they doing it... Ha!! :D
no. Samsung switch took an hour. Setting up all my widgets and apps took the rest of the time

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
im having the same issue. Most of the time i cant long press with my index fingers, which makes scrolling through websites annoying. Instead of scrolling up or down the phone registers a click.
I had a verizon update too.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm removing Zagg did not help in fact I think it made it worse. I will be curious to see if others find factory reset cures it and if using smart switch contributes to the problem or not. If I have to factory reset I hate to do it entirely from scratch without smart switch but if necessary I will.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Note 7 at VZW. Within first 2 weeks can I exchange it for another or do I have to return it. Pay restocking. Then buy another. My screen sensitivity is unsatisfactory. I'm sick of double clicking or needing to click HARD to get a response.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Launch day T-Mobile Black Note 7 here. I am having the same issues as most of you are describing. I am using a Zagg, I do have Nova Launcher running, and am using SwiftKey. I have tried rebooting & uninstalling SwiftKey. No dice! I will do a Data Factory in a few minutes to see if it's software or hardware related. I assume if it's hardware related, the problem will be back immediately... I will report back asap!

Please sticky or pin this thread!!!!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Launch day T-Mobile Black Note 7 here. I am having the same issues as most of you are describing. I am using a Zagg, I do have Nova Launcher running, and am using SwiftKey. I have tried rebooting & uninstalling SwiftKey. No dice! I will do a Data Factory in a few minutes to see if it's software or hardware related. I assume if it's hardware related, the problem will be back immediately... I will report back asap!

Please sticky or pin this thread!!!!
My problem is the opposite. Some of my clicks do not register at all. I often have to click twice to open a thread.

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Same. I've used Nova and touchwiz, and the problem rears it's ugly head using both. The strange thing is it seems to show up only when using certain apps. I really hope it's something stupid, and not a bad set of screens, or worse.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I notice it most often in apps I scroll through then pick something but even selecting a number from recent calls does not always work on the first click. Now I'm sensitized to it so it is driving me crazy. It slows me way down and is annoying. I am considering trying to exchange the phone within the 2 week period VZW allows. I really don't want to if they're all like this.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even get through the setup process before it started back in on me. I think these screens may be jacked! I'm taking mine back tomorrow for a swap out...

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even get through the setup process before it started back in on me. I think these screens may be jacked! I'm taking mine back tomorrow for a swap out...
I'll be waiting to hear how the new one is. If you bought yours from VZW I am also curious if they give you any hassle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non