Screen Sensitivity

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
It's T-Mobile. I spoke with a representative and was told to do a warranty swap on it IF they have any in stock. Since I'm on Jump On Demand I'm within my 14 day "remorse" period, but won't pay a restocking fee since the unit is defective.

I was also told that I may get an S7 Edge or Note 5 again since they are still considered high end devices. I asked him to note my account (no pun intended) and he said he'd be happy to so the rep in store will be less likely to hassle me.

I'll report back tonight to let anyone who cares know the outcome! Typing all this was a pain btw! Haha

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just occurred to me I used smart switch and skipped setup. Is there a screen calibration step I missed? Is there a way to access it?

Is there anything in the Dexterity and Interaction area of accessibility in settings that could help?

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm back to the Note 5... The reps HATE me now! Lol!

After doing a warranty swap I sat and watched in horror as a rep proceeds to take my Note 7 out of it's box, lay it down bare on the counter, apply a new screen protector the "old school" way as she put it, & grind away at my phones screen with the squeegee! I asked her politely to put the phone on a piece of paper or something to keep it from sliding around on the counter. When she's done she tells me the air pockets (not micro bubbles) aren't that bad. We went through three Zaggs before I said I'm not sure I even want the damn thing anymore given all the signs and abuse that poor thing had went through. I asked them to just jump me back to my Note 5 and that would be the end of it. After trying to pressure me to stay with it I refused and left the store with my new/old Note 5! (not a refurb btw)

I missed this phone and couldn't be happier... Seriously! Sorry I wasn't much help. There is certainly a bad batch of Note 7's in the wild... See ya next year! Haha!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm back to the Note 5... The reps HATE me now! Lol!

After doing a warranty swap I sat and watched in horror as a rep proceeds to take my Note 7 out of it's box, lay it down bare on the counter, apply a new screen protector the "old school" way as she put it, & grind away at my phones screen with the squeegee! I asked her politely to put the phone on a piece of paper or something to keep it from sliding around on the counter. When she's done she tells me the air pockets (not micro bubbles) aren't that bad. We went through three Zaggs before I said I'm not sure I even want the damn thing anymore given all the signs and abuse that poor thing had went through. I asked them to just jump me back to my Note 5 and that would be the end of it. After trying to pressure me to stay with it I refused and left the store with my new/old Note 5! (not a refurb btw)

I missed this phone and couldn't be happier... Seriously! Sorry I wasn't much help. There is certainly a bad batch of Note 7's in the wild... See ya next year! Haha!
Just did a factory reset. At first it was better. Now it is back to the same old crap.

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I just confirmed that there is an issue with the screens. Tell wherever you got it from you want an exchange, or refund. I just wasted half my day getting mine done. Let's hear it for shoddy workmanship.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just confirmed that there is an issue with the screens. Tell wherever you got it from you want an exchange, or refund. I just wasted half my day getting mine done. Let's hear it for shoddy workmanship.
May I ask where and from whom? I believe you I just may need ammunition. I spent the entire night setting up my phone again. At first it seemed improved but once everything was installed back to cap. Apparently if I run oy twitter and phone never gets warm Im ok. Install a few apps and its crap. This time I set up from scratch so no reason this should happen.

Anyway who says the screens are defective? Thanks

Last edited:

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Sprint store manager. That was after I politely blew my top. My screen is super sensitive on the top 3/4, and the bottom 1/4 where the keyboard is almost takes too much pressure to register a touch. That's why weird crap has been happening. It took 3-4 hours because the stores only ordered black, and I had to go through a different process to get a new Blue one.

I was playing with another customer's note 7, and that's what kicked all this off.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Sprint store manager. That was after I politely blew my top. My screen is super sensitive on the top 3/4, and the bottom 1/4 where the keyboard is almost takes too much pressure to register a touch. That's why weird crap has been happening. It took 3-4 hours because the stores only ordered black, and I had to go through a different process to get a new Blue one.
mine is sort of the opposite. Keyboard is fine but making selections from within apps, lists, icons etc are sometimes unrecorded and require a second attempt. I have found if scrolling a list the it is not possible to select an item unless scrolling is stopped entirely. Sometimes, however, even a simple action like choosing a shortcut requires a second try. The one thing that always works is the keyboard. I have a blue coral so our screens can be messed up too. If I could only increase sensitivity like on older models.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Got my new new note 7, and the difference is night and day.
Well that tears it. Mine is going back too. If you subscribe to twitter would you do me a favor. See if you can one handedly (phone in hand) open 10 or 20 threads in a row without having to double tap to get it to open. I can usually only do 5 at most before a second tap is needed. Most I've done trying repeatedly is 7. Not sure if it is phones fault or Twitters fault or my fault.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I also have this same issue with the screen not being sensitive enough. Constantly double tapping options. I also see web pages floating away from my finger when I change scrolling directions fast. Like the screen turned off or lost track of my finger. Anyone else see an immediate improvement after an exchange? If so this thing is going back.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I also have this same issue with the screen not being sensitive enough. Constantly double tapping options. I also see web pages floating away from my finger when I change scrolling directions fast. Like the screen turned off or lost track of my finger. Anyone else see an immediate improvement after an exchange? If so this thing is going back.
like you I am concerned about the hassle of exchange only to find new phone the same. i dread dealing with vzw reps in store.

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site
If I wasn't trying to go out the door I'd give full details of my seven day fight with Sprint. Return the phone. Don't take no for an answer. If you feel you're being lied to, then turn it up a notch. The screen sensors on some of the note 7s are bad. They can't deny that anymore.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If I wasn't trying to go out the door I'd give full details of my seven day fight with Sprint. Return the phone. Don't take no for an answer. If you feel you're being lied to, then turn it up a notch. The screen sensors on some of the note 7s are bad. They can't deny that anymore.
Have you got a reference Incan show them about that? Thanks.

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I have 7 days of notes, and a return ticket from the Sprint store saying it. Unfortunately I doubt your carrier will put more weight into the claim with a response from a competitor. It's not the apps. The biggest tip off for mine was the top 3/4 was hyper sensitive, and the bottom had little sensitivity. I flipped it sideways, and proved my point again. The biggest thing to tell them is you paid (in a way) 900 or so dollars for a brand new phone that doesn't work. It's on them to replace it, or fully refund the phone.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I posted this back in days of og note 7. A few others had same issue. Anybody finding they must tap more than once for a selection? I notice it always took 2 taps to open a thread in tapatalk or twitter. Does fixed note 7 have this issue too?