My really great Note 7 purchase experience, just kidding, Best Buy and the suck, rant warning

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
They didn't know till a conference call to all the stores that week. Besides, everyone is still going to get one.
Best buy made it seem like you would walk right out the store with your N7 and card, the same day..... A lot of people went with them because of that specific reason....
I chose to claim the 256 Card online and wait 4-6 weeks. But guess what, my card is scheduled for delivery, Tuesday.. How ironic

DatBkdude

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a best buy story, and its not that bad.

My brother Pre-ordered a coral Blue note 7 through best buy..went and picked up the watch..
This sat after not having any communication from best buy we decided to go in store. They did not have his phone in, but told him they have ONE note 7 in black in stock, and they could cancel his pre order and ring him up for this phone. So they cancelled the preorder they go in the ATT system and the upgrade still shows. They called a manager who than in turn called the AT&T regional manager who called CS to override. The manager apologized and said to him "even though you got the watch, we are going to give you a memory card for your trouble". They had to order it, and its not due until sept. but my brother was super happy..One of the FEW times Bestbuy has come through

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Best buy made it seem like you would walk right out the store with your N7 and card, the same day..... A lot of people went with them because of that specific reason....
I chose to claim the 256 Card online and wait 4-6 weeks. But guess what, my card is scheduled for delivery, Tuesday.. How ironic
True stuff. Samsung cut their stock to almost nothing and is why even Samsung orders are nearing eight weeks now.

Pippinsky

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Best buy. Great experience.

Loved my experience at bb today. Did the note7/s7 edge bogo. Got two gear fit 2's. A $200 dollar best buy gift card, with two more $50's to come. Sprint.
Sadly, no more 256 GB cards . All in all very happy. My son ended up with a new s7 edge that he didn't even expect.
Goodbye iOS . At least for two years!

Shaq Fu

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Man you are a whiney entitled baby. There are so many more important things in life that this doesn't even register.

No one will dispute you there, least of all me. And I didn’t have much going on this weekend so there was plenty of time to stew and fulfill the time honored tradition of going full Ragefest 2016 on the internet.

If when I went in and handed them my phone, handled last by the worker putting it in the box right before they jumped off the factory roof, and they said, “certainly sir, that will be $35 for a restocking fee,” I would have said, “really...fine,” and be done with it.

If they had said, “we don’t have any memory cards, and we honestly don’t know when we will,” I actually might have kept the phone and waited till the card came, or I at least wouldn’t have left initially with the phone. I’m actually thinking about still getting the phone directly just from AT&T after I calm down a bit, even if it’s after the promotion which I think ends the 28th. I don’t know, maybe I should wait and see what the new Google phones are like, just so every time I pick up my phone I don’t have a flashback and freak out. Also I was intending to that day to buy one of those Samsung 65” 4K’s they have on sale right now, but now I’m of course, not. That’s not important, though, ramble on.

If they had initially said, “We have memory cards, but we won’t or don’t know if we can sell you one, and when you go to another store they’re going to be really confused as to why we won’t sell it to you,” I would probably be pissed, but just like normal pissed. Instead it was more like, “Here’s a memory card, all your wishes and dreams have come true, let’s set up that phone of yours, oh wait, you can’t have it, sucks to be you, still want to return it, that will be $35.”

If they had said, “Wow you must be kinda pissed, let’s expeditiously process that phone return so you can go home and beat on a tree with a 8-iron,” instead of “at Best Buy Mobile we don’t seem to know how to process a return on a phone so GTFO, and we absolutely aren’t lying but just happen to be morons,” I still yes, to be honest, would hate them like I hate my neighbor’s labradoodle.

But they did all that ****. Were they dishonest? I don’t know, they definitely didn’t tell me the truth. If they’re not dishonest, then they’re too stupid to know what they have, will have, can sell, or how to take back what they used to have.

Them not getting memory cards for everybody sucks. Some things are out of their control; I understand that, but putting me through 3 hours of their horse****, then still wanting their $35 just in case I missed the point of how they can pretty much do whatever they want no matter how they treat their customers, is what yes, brought me to this state.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Usually Best Buy is amicable in resolving situations, if the situation is reasonable. Seems BB should have cut slack on the $35. Samsung appears to have not produced enough devices, or staged enough for launch. ATT and T-Mobile were especially shorted, based on BB and their own stores. Cards never had a chance to be in stock. That product was launched to retail last month.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Best buy. Great experience.

Welcome to the club. Took me about an hour Friday morning at BB and 256gb card installed. Also something the Iphone can't do...

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Seems pretty stupid on Best Buy's part to advertise the special if they only received 7/10ths of one card per store, don't it...

Not really...

You're still going to get the SD card. But not at the time you pick up the phone. Most likely the SD card will be ordered. Which I would bet money the customer would receive a lot sooner than if they had to do that Samsung Promotion online entry for the free SD card or Gear Fit 2.

buddhake

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Since when is there a restocking fee on devices at BBY? Does it apply to unlocked and outright devices too? I only buy those and have returned and exchanged a number of them those year and never been even hinted at a restocking fee

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
read the small print. Pre-ordering doesn't guarantee you anything on release day. That really applies to any store.

Since when is there a restocking fee on devices at BBY? Does it apply to unlocked and outright devices too? I only buy those and have returned and exchanged a number of them those year and never been even hinted at a restocking fee

It applies on cell phones because every return has to be sent back to the manufacturer by best buy.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Also I was intending to that day to buy one of those Samsung 65” 4K’s they have on sale right now, but now I’m of course, not. That’s not important, though, ramble on.

If they had initially said, “We have memory cards, but we won’t or don’t know if we can sell you one, and when you go to another store they’re going to be really confused as to why we won’t sell it to you,” I would probably be pissed, but just like normal pissed. Instead it was more like, “Here’s a memory card, all your wishes and dreams have come true, let’s set up that phone of yours, oh wait, you can’t have it, sucks to be you, still want to return it, that will be $35.”

You'd still get a SD card. Just wait for stock. That's all. Not a big deal. Don't let emotion get the best of you. Life is short and 1st world problems really don't matter at all.

And, FYI, you don't want a samsung 4k TV. The best LCD 4k you can get right now is the Vizio P series. The best, period, is the LG OLED. Both 2016 models. They both have Dolby Vision which is superior to HDR10. And in addition to dolby vision both vizio and LG support HDR10 as well. Cnet rates the vizio as the best LCD TV of the year.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
And that's why I said "they made it seem like"...... Classic sales pitch is what they did

Sales pitch means absolutely nothing. I thought in this day and age everyone could see through that BS? Read the small print, every time. It's why i'm not disappointed. I didn't have unrealistic expectations. And when they finally get SD cards it's being sent to my house! Awesome!

Next i'll teach people how to buy cars. Because I guarantee most of you are doing it wrong.

Edgar5

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Best (Worst) Buy

Anyone else pre-order from Best Buy in store and still dont have the Note? Also, have you gotten any update as to when will you be getting it?

Ordered blue. AT&T on the 3rd.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Best (Worst) Buy

Anyone else pre-order from Best Buy in store and still dont have the Note? Also, have you gotten any update as to when will you be getting it?

Ordered blue. AT&T on the 3rd.

The black ones are out of stock. ETA 8/30. High demand and not enough supply. It's just the way these things go.

j_squared

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've rarely had a bad experience at BestBuy, and from my experience they stopped charging restocking fees. I've bought several phones and returned them within the 14 days without issue.

As far as the phone goes I pre-ordered on the 16th in store, but still haven't been able to pick it up. An AT&T rep was in the store and explained that a lot of stores didn't get enough stock of the black. They did have a silver in stock and offered that, but opted to wait for the black phone.