Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and Mobile@Work

N0117859

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Just got the new Note 7 and I'm trying to install the Mobile@Work app from MobileIron. The application won't install from the app store. Keep getting error message that states: "Your company has set up a work profile. To continue using Mobile@work, please use the badge version installed on your device." The app won't install at all.

This is not a work phone. Its a personal phone with no work related stuff or work related profiles on it, so my employer has nothing to do with it. Can anyone help?

gpatrick15

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
Only reason I'm able to use my Mobile Iron client is because my job authorized it. I'm only able to sign in because my job has it set up for me to sign in. My phone isn't a work phone either but I'm required to have my email and calendar on my phone.

N0117859

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
But didnt you have to download the app first, and then input the security info to access the company email an calendar? It wont even install the app. I have directions from my employer, but the next steps have to do with opening the app after installed so I can input our company security info. However I cant get to that next step if the Mobile@Work app won't install.

DubyaC

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem as N0117859. I'll contact the tech support at my company today and see what they say.

Krahe Vater

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and Mobile@Wo

Was supporting a user with this issue on this model device.

User had set device up as a work phone during initial setup.
User factory reset and chose instead to set as personal phone.

MobileIron then installed and setup with no further issues.

Not sure if factory reset is the only way to make this change. Maybe it can be changed somewhere in settings. Let me know if you find it.

d2k1323

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

During the initial setup process it didn't give me an option to select between personal and work but I was having the same issue. I factory reset my Note 7 and it solved the issue. Seems like something in the initial setup of the Note 7 is preventing the mobileiron app from working properly.

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Figured out the issue after troubleshooting for a user who had this. If you setup secure folder you will then begin to get these errors. Phones may be prompting you to setup secure folder in the beginning setup or certain carriers may Have work and personal setup. Try disabling secure folder and see if this helps.
Just got the new Note 7 and I'm trying to install the Mobile@Work app from MobileIron. The application won't install from the app store. Keep getting error message that states: "Your company has set up a work profile. To continue using Mobile@work, please use the badge version installed on your device." The app won't install at all.

This is not a work phone. Its a personal phone with no work related stuff or work related profiles on it, so my employer has nothing to do with it. Can anyone help?

Only reason I'm able to use my Mobile Iron client is because my job authorized it. I'm only able to sign in because my job has it set up for me to sign in. My phone isn't a work phone either but I'm required to have my email and calendar on my phone.

But didnt you have to download the app first, and then input the security info to access the company email an calendar? It wont even install the app. I have directions from my employer, but the next steps have to do with opening the app after installed so I can input our company security info. However I cant get to that next step if the Mobile@Work app won't install.

I'm having the exact same problem as N0117859. I'll contact the tech support at my company today and see what they say.

Was supporting a user with this issue on this model device.

User had set device up as a work phone during initial setup.
User factory reset and chose instead to set as personal phone.

MobileIron then installed and setup with no further issues.

Not sure if factory reset is the only way to make this change. Maybe it can be changed somewhere in settings. Let me know if you find it.

During the initial setup process it didn't give me an option to select between personal and work but I was having the same issue. I factory reset my Note 7 and it solved the issue. Seems like something in the initial setup of the Note 7 is preventing the mobileiron app from working properly.

neowulf1

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Im having the same trouble. Regarding your suggestion. Where does one find "secure folder" and how does one disable. I don't see such folder to disable on my device.