09-04-2016 02:26 PM
80 1234
tools
    I had the same exact case for my Note 5 and I didn't like it at all. The inside of the front cover is hard plastic so when I had it my pocket that hard plastic would press against the Zagg glass screen protector and put small cracks in the screen protector. I had to replace the screen protector 3 times before getting rid of the case. I have been using Zagg glass screen protectors for a long time and not once have they ever cracked. Also the inside of the front cover would scratch the screen protector as well. Lastly the outside of the case would easily scratch and it really didn't offer much protection for the sides of the phone.

Now I don't know if they made it differently for the Note 7. What material is the inside of the front cover made of?
    New one has a rubber lining on the inside so that prevents the plastic from touching the screen
    08-22-2016 09:28 PM
    Like my N7 bunches, but IMO a glass covered portable device is intuitively dumb.
    08-22-2016 09:48 PM
    meh, i'll be rocking my Note 7 butt naked until the Note 8 is out. If it breaks, it'll be my fault and I'll just have to fix it. Yolo, as the young kids say.
    08-22-2016 10:12 PM
    I ALWAYS put a case in that's the first thing I do before doing anything
    rushmore and CehowardNote7 like this.
    08-22-2016 10:26 PM
    Ever since I bought the leather pouch, I have not dropped my Note 5 anymore. Note 7 will be held in the pouch next.
    CehowardNote7 likes this.
    08-22-2016 10:35 PM
    That sucks...hopefully it can be fixed
    08-22-2016 11:02 PM
    Ever since I bought the leather pouch, I have not dropped my Note 5 anymore. Note 7 will be held in the pouch next.
    Which pouch are you using?
    08-23-2016 08:20 AM
    Which pouch are you using?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DC...cUvbUpU5358254

cynth.hgn likes this.
    08-23-2016 09:57 AM
    You can ALWAYS drop it while getting it out of the pouch, though. This doesn't seem to be a fix for most people who just drop it out of their hands or from their lap.
    08-23-2016 10:08 AM
    Ha, it seems a lot of peeps are catching on. Since I travel mainly on race type motorcycle and race type bicycle, I always have case, temp glass, and pouch..
    Here is my gear on my Note 4, and what I had waiting for my Note 7 as soon as I opened the box.. Armor case, temp glass, and the pouch.

On left, Note 4, with Tough Armor, Temp glass, and pouch case.

On the right, they are on now, but the pouch case, temp glass, and Tough Armor case for my Note 7.. Those 3 items kept my Note 4, like new for 2 years. Didn't change anything, went with the same the Note 7...

Guess who cracked their 2 hour old Note 7 ??-a1.jpg
    Guess who cracked their 2 hour old Note 7 ??-a8.jpg
    08-23-2016 10:11 AM
    THIS GUY

Picked up the phone friday from an AT&T store by my house. Got home, put the phone on the charger and when I went to pick it up it was SUPER HOT. So I did what most humans would have done. I dropped the phone. Phone fell right on the corner and thats when my world shattered. Attachment 236506

I spent Appx 4 hours on the phone with both AT&T and asurion. Asurion told me that they don't have any Note 7's in stock and would send me a Galaxy s7 Edge. The rep informed me "its the same phone, just without the pen" I proceeded to run down all of the differences between the devices. She was not happy. They also told me I had another option which is to wait 4-6 weeks for a device, and even then there was no guarantee of a note 7. I was highly annoyed.

So after about an hour on the phone with AT&T and multiple managers later. I finally got a resolution.

AT&T agreed to send me a brand new device, a free Case and screen protector...I GOT LUCKY.

Now I take full responsibility for what I did to my device, but at the same time Asurion is terrible..

So yeah..put a case on your phones people
    I hope you laughed in that rep's ear

"The same phone, just without the s-pen"

I wouldve laughed hysterically for a good 15 minutes before coming back to my sanity and saying I want what I purchased.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-23-2016 11:09 AM
    We are twins!! My 2 year old Note 4, in Tough Armor case with Temp Glass, took many a fall, to the front, back side, the Note 4 is like brand new. When my Note 7 arrived, it went RIGHT INTO A TOUGH ARMOR CASE. I waited a couple hours while I was doing basic setup, and then the temp glass went..My Note 7, like my Note 4, never ever will see a NAKED day.. Of course others may think otherwise.. But we are on the same protective train. ..
    To be fair, I think the note 4 was just a well designed phone. My wife and I always run our phones naked. We have both dropped them several times. One time I have even dropped and kicked it accidentally all in one motion. Nothing more than some scratches on the aluminum trim. Another time it was on my lap in my raised truck and getting out it fell onto the concrete a good 4 ft +. All good.

So it might not be your case. It might just be the case of a well designed phone..... (not saying it absolutely is either, I'm just putting that out there)
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-23-2016 12:08 PM
    Call me crazy but I like the way it looks.
    08-23-2016 12:33 PM
    You can ALWAYS drop it while getting it out of the pouch, though. This doesn't seem to be a fix for most people who just drop it out of their hands or from their lap.
    Oh no. I've managed to cup the Whole phone while pulling it out of the pouch. It has helped ME a lot.
    08-23-2016 01:50 PM
    That's the same way I've rolled since the note 2, a thin tpu or combo metal bumper with tempered glass front and back and just used a leather pouch for the extra security. I've found 90% of my phone drops occurred when I was getting out of the car or when taking the phone out of my pocket. With the pouch, not only does it cushion those drops well, it lessons the occurrence of drops because it's so grippy when holding the pouch.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-24-2016 08:43 AM
    I usually rock my Phone's with a case but when I feel like going naked I install clear full body skin. It doesn't protect from the drop but perfect protection from scratches and sticky to hold...Slippery bye bye.
    08-24-2016 08:51 AM
    Beach pouch to keep that God for saken highly scratching sand out, don't need the water resistance anymore but it has that too, and the leather pouch daily, phone slides in and out easy with a thin tpu or plastic case on it. This is even more important now since note 7 won't have a tempered glass on it.

Attached Thumbnails Guess who cracked their 2 hour old Note 7 ??-1520.jpg  
    08-24-2016 08:51 AM
    Everyone busted me about how butt ugly my iBlason Armorbox case was on my Note 5! In 14 months, I dropped it three times - twice on a corner. Never cracked!

Attachment 236513

I'll live with BUTT UGLY thanks - so much so, guess what my Note 7 went in at the AT&T Store before I walked out the door? Yep

Attachment 236514
    Yes. That really is butt ugly 😆
    08-24-2016 09:26 AM
    This is the most tragic thing I've seen all day.

Were you planning on using a case and just didn't have one yet? Thinking about all my caseless phones that used to live in socks now, haha.
    08-24-2016 09:46 AM
    Yes. That really is butt ugly
    Well... my other post makes me feel better about it. Maybe it'll explain my taste?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5354940
    cynth.hgn likes this.
    08-24-2016 10:04 AM
    Yes. That really is butt ugly 😆
    Well... my other post makes me feel better about it. Maybe it'll explain my taste?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5354940
    08-24-2016 10:05 AM
    Hahahah :-|

You're damn lucky

08-24-2016 10:13 AM
    THIS GUY

Picked up the phone friday from an AT&T store by my house. Got home, put the phone on the charger and when I went to pick it up it was SUPER HOT. So I did what most humans would have done. I dropped the phone. Phone fell right on the corner and thats when my world shattered. Attachment 236506

I spent Appx 4 hours on the phone with both AT&T and asurion. Asurion told me that they don't have any Note 7's in stock and would send me a Galaxy s7 Edge. The rep informed me "its the same phone, just without the pen" I proceeded to run down all of the differences between the devices. She was not happy. They also told me I had another option which is to wait 4-6 weeks for a device, and even then there was no guarantee of a note 7. I was highly annoyed.

So after about an hour on the phone with AT&T and multiple managers later. I finally got a resolution.

AT&T agreed to send me a brand new device, a free Case and screen protector...I GOT LUCKY.

Now I take full responsibility for what I did to my device, but at the same time Asurion is terrible..

So yeah..put a case on your phones people
    Well the recall has given anyone who cracked their screen a 2nd chance at a prestine unblemished note 7 hey!
    09-03-2016 09:42 PM
    Well the recall has given anyone who cracked their screen a 2nd chance at a prestine unblemished note 7 hey!
    I'm wondering if his has a faulty battery since he dropped it like it's hot. I mean he dropped it BECAUSE it's hot. 😏
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:08 PM
    Samsung is recalling all the Note 7s to fix the faulty batteries installed in the devices. I wonder if they will fix the issue with display (glass panel) too by some chemical treatment / manufacturing method changes. They should really do this & this phone will be the King then, in spite of it's current shoddy state.
    Though material science explanation (from Corning) & all exists, I think that this so-called "Gorilla Glass 5" is no where near the already strong Gorilla Glass 4 (much better in both, scratch & shatter resistance) on my Note 4. Using this awesome device since more than a year now with no case & no screen protector
    09-03-2016 11:30 PM
80 1234