Guess who cracked their 2 hour old Note 7 ??

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
The minute I take my new phone out of the box the case goes on.
I do run without a screen protector though.

I've never really ran without some sort of screen protector, but thinking about it since tempered glass sucks for the note 7 and the pet film is orange peelish and ruins the screen feel and look.

So my question is, have you ever cracked a screen using only a case?

Posted via the Android Central App

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Hmmmm the Sview cover looks nice, but you're right, i might invest in another case, this case by the way cost me $63.59 at Best Buy 😔

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160821/e8acc3a4b1365a03b8b85efe6932011a.jpg

I had the same exact case for my Note 5 and I didn't like it at all. The inside of the front cover is hard plastic so when I had it my pocket that hard plastic would press against the Zagg glass screen protector and put small cracks in the screen protector. I had to replace the screen protector 3 times before getting rid of the case. I have been using Zagg glass screen protectors for a long time and not once have they ever cracked. Also the inside of the front cover would scratch the screen protector as well. Lastly the outside of the case would easily scratch and it really didn't offer much protection for the sides of the phone.

Now I don't know if they made it differently for the Note 7. What material is the inside of the front cover made of?

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
We've had a good experience or 2 with Asurion.

My daughter cracked the screen on her gold verizon s6 edge back in May.

Asurion was out of them and asked she be okay waiting a week for an gold S7 edge.

We were like seriously? Yes please! They came through! Received a gold s7 edge about 2 weeks later.

Anyway glad it worked out for you as well!

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Never understood why people refuse to put a case on a phone then get surprised when it does drop and damage occurs.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Yeah I don't understand that either. I do understand that they don't want to cover up a great looking phone but there are so many clear phone case options out there. After I buy a new Note I immediately buy a case and screen protector for it. Even though I'm extremely careful with my phone to a point that I don't even remember the last time I even dropped my phone.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the same exact case for my Note 5 and I didn't like it at all. The inside of the front cover is hard plastic so when I had it my pocket that hard plastic would press against the Zagg glass screen protector and put small cracks in the screen protector. I had to replace the screen protector 3 times before getting rid of the case. I have been using Zagg glass screen protectors for a long time and not once have they ever cracked. Also the inside of the front cover would scratch the screen protector as well. Lastly the outside of the case would easily scratch and it really didn't offer much protection for the sides of the phone.

Now I don't know if they made it differently for the Note 7. What material is the inside of the front cover made of?
New one has a rubber lining on the inside so that prevents the plastic from touching the screen

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
meh, i'll be rocking my Note 7 butt naked until the Note 8 is out. If it breaks, it'll be my fault and I'll just have to fix it. Yolo, as the young kids say.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Which pouch are you using?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01D...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5358254

8d88f8ec541456aa834bdb63429cdf11.jpg

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I bought the leather pouch, I have not dropped my Note 5 anymore. Note 7 will be held in the pouch next.
You can ALWAYS drop it while getting it out of the pouch, though. This doesn't seem to be a fix for most people who just drop it out of their hands or from their lap.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Ha, it seems a lot of peeps are catching on. Since I travel mainly on race type motorcycle and race type bicycle, I always have case, temp glass, and pouch..
Here is my gear on my Note 4, and what I had waiting for my Note 7 as soon as I opened the box.. Armor case, temp glass, and the pouch.

On left, Note 4, with Tough Armor, Temp glass, and pouch case.

On the right, they are on now, but the pouch case, temp glass, and Tough Armor case for my Note 7.. Those 3 items kept my Note 4, like new for 2 years. Didn't change anything, went with the same the Note 7...:)

a1.jpg
a8.jpg