Note 7 flickers with black screen and blue borders

smads

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I randomly get this flashing screen. There screen will flash black and has blue borders on both yhe left and right edges. It's very inconsistent and random so i can't duplicate it at all. It doesnt affect ne long term as itd sporadic. The last time it happened, I just put my phone with the screen down. That rules out an app issue, because it also happened when I was on the internet app.

I never had an galaxy with edge features so I'm wondering if it's an edge issue? I'll try factory resetting to see if it happenes afterward. Just want to know if anyone has advice.

Lastly the blue borders are very bold and large. I can add an image later..mobile does not allow to do so.

Last edited:

Klassklown91

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem as well! I thought I was the only one! I ordered a replacement for my phone through best buy. I'm still waiting on it though. Let me know if that works for you.

Posted via the Android Central App

smads

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem as well! I thought I was the only one! I ordered a replacement for my phone through best buy. I'm still waiting on it though. Let me know if that works for you.

Factory a reset and maybe about half an hour later, I got it. It was extremely fast. Maybe it's the wallpaper? I was using an image so I decided to switch it to the default one - this is just something to try out. I'll keep it for a couple more days, to see what happens, but last resort is to exchange it (T-mobile). Hopefully theyll have onyx black in stock. By the here is is how the flash looks like, a rather crude painting =).

Capture.PNG

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
If it's happening when your phone screen is face down, then the flashing glow is part of the notification system. It flashes blue for emails, yellow for texts, etc.

smads

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
If it's happening when your phone screen is face down, then the flashing glow is part of the notification system. It flashes blue for emails, yellow for texts, etc.

Wow, thanks so much! Had a friend text me while my phone was face down. Makes sense now, as I was lying down the majority of the time I noticed it. Odd thing is, I noticed the issue because it initially happened when my phone was facing up. Maybe it was in a weird position between facing up and down lol...can't recall. Gave the message a like, much appreciated. As long as it's function and not a technical problem..pheeeew.

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Wow, thanks so much! Had a friend text me while my phone was face down. Makes sense now, as I was lying down the majority of the time I noticed it. Odd thing is, I noticed the issue because it initially happened when my phone was facing up. Maybe it was in a weird position between facing up and down lol...can't recall. Gave the message a like, much appreciated. As long as it's function and not a technical problem..pheeeew.

You're welcome! The first time I saw it, I was also laying down, and it actually woke me up. I've seen it on the front a couple of times, usually if I was already in the process of picking up my phone.

I think it's a neat feature. So far, it's been entertaining to see people's reactions to my 'glowing phone' when I leave it upside down. :)

Klassklown91

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Ahh gotcha! I was also laying down when i saw it but i do have a question though. What if you didn't recieve a call or email and it still happened? Mine would pop up when i enter apps or play music on google play music. What else would cause that screen to pop up?

Klassklown91

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Wait....i do have sync on so im guessing everytime i get an email its doing it. Guess i answered my own question lol!

Tammy Wiley

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, and although a great feature, it also goes black and flashes the blue edges when my camera is on and I try to take a picture of something above me... Also my Location services are not working. Any ideas? Thanks!:)

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
My alarm would do the funky blue border when I would have it laying face down. I actually did it by accident. Couldn't figure out why as soon as I picked up the phone it would go away. Wad driving me crazy and couldn't replicate it (because my phone is never face down).

Just had my girlfriend call me and text me and yep it's true. Is it anyway to make it so it lights uo like that without having to be placed face down?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
This is a feature of the Edge devices. If you search your device in the settings for "Edge Notifications" you should be able to find out more about it. There may be some apps in the play store that can mimic the edge notifications, I think they might even work when not face down. I haven't tried them, but I was looking into them when I wanted to see if I could expand the use and functionality of the edge notifications.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38