Help! I am already under attack. What is the best way to defend my Note 7 and still use it?

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Help! I am already under attack via the built in Samsung Browser. Samsung Browser is getting hijacked by full page spam and phishing preventing me from using the internet at all. What is the best way to defend my Note 7 and still use it?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You probably either visited a less reputable sites or it came from an app that you installed. I would try to clear cache and app data on the internet app as a start

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You probably either visited a less reputable sites or it came from an app that you installed. I would try to clear cache and app data on the internet app as a start
I cleared the History. How do you clear the cache and data on the Samsung Browser app?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Help! I am already under attack via the built in Samsung Browser. Samsung Browser is getting hijacked by full page spam and phishing preventing me from using the internet at all. What is the best way to defend my Note 7 and still use it?

If you don't mind me asking but what does it say? When i get on this site I get this crap a lot saying congratulations you've been chosen for a free iPhone etc. I have to close the site and start over again. Very annoying.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you don't mind me asking but what does it say? When i get on this site I get this crap a lot saying congratulations you've been chosen for a free iPhone etc. I have to close the site and start over again. Very annoying.
I get that one too and Congratulations you have won $1000 gift certificate from Walmart.

Some of the sites that show up are:
- ad.lkqd.net
- ads.avocet.io
- bh.contestweb.com

Is there a specific Blocker I need to download?

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
It's strange, I've had this issue as well. Almost any website I go to, I get a redirect to some scam advertisement. The only thing I've done that might be somewhat to blame is click on a Facebook news article from a page I've never heard of.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It's strange, I've had this issue as well. Almost any website I go to, I get a redirect to some scam advertisement. The only thing I've done that might be somewhat to blame is click on a Facebook news article from a page I've never heard of.
Just follow what MSM has written. It is working for me so far.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I skipped a step. When you click on Internet in Application Manager, click on storage. That's where you clear chache and data. Sorry.
Wow, now that is some nested feature!......Samsung Settings -> Phone -> Applications -> Application Manager -> Internet -> Storage -> Clear Cache.
Thanks MSM....would have never found that one on my own.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non