There is something seriously wrong with this phone.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Idk why that would affect the S-Pen features...I dont think I disabled anything dealing with the S-Pen

There are a lot of processes that are not fully understood.
I know disabling paper artist caused issues for some other function, and disabling my files, caused issues with something else.

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
came from a iPhone 6 Plus and I am thrilled with my Note once I figure out the S-Pen I will be over the moon, today I used it to buy lunch while being told no chip it won't work it went thru and the girl was like oh and here is your receipt have not had lag, and even some of the Apple users in my office are pleased with the look of the Note. There were times when using Tune In Radio on my iPhone it would stutter and it may do it on my Note. I only have one carry over app that won't work but it seems to be a issue also for Apple users

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Stephen Ambruzs: Galaxy Note 7 - Honest review on YouTube.

Open the tab. Turn the sound off. Don't listen to what he's saying because he's talking crap. But just look at the parts when he's interacting with the phone. Navigating through the UI. I can SEE the lag. I can SEE that the phone isn't catching up to the commands. In addition, watch the camera part when he takes the picture and clicks on the picture to view it. These are just simple day to day tasks. And you can SEE the lag. Its not a myth. These aren't just words. Its true.

Watch Floss Carters review as well. He mentions the lag too. He said those coming from an iPhone should always go for a non Samsung device first because the lag makes them dislike android which isn't exactly Google's fault. Its Samsungs.

Anyways. Just go watch the video. And if you don't see lag then I guess you're tuned to it. But thats what we call lag. And thats what we don't get on other phones.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Stephen Ambruzs: Galaxy Note 7 - Honest review on YouTube.

Open the tab. Turn the sound off. Don't listen to what he's saying because he's talking crap. But just look at the parts when he's interacting with the phone. Navigating through the UI. I can SEE the lag. I can SEE that the phone isn't catching up to the commands. In addition, watch the camera part when he takes the picture and clicks on the picture to view it. These are just simple day to day tasks. And you can SEE the lag. Its not a myth. These aren't just words. Its true.

Watch Floss Carters review as well. He mentions the lag too. He said those coming from an iPhone should always go for a non Samsung device first because the lag makes them dislike android which isn't exactly Google's fault. Its Samsungs.

Anyways. Just go watch the video. And if you don't see lag then I guess you're tuned to it. But thats what we call lag. And thats what we don't get on other phones.

If you actually read the forums, we think we have found the source of some users lag.

If you're even interested in that...

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Am I the only one that is experiencing zero lag whatsoever? I'm at the point where I'm trying to make it lag. Opening a bunch of apps in a row. I used smartswitch but only for several apps. My note7 is flawless when it comes to speed. Now I do notice the Wi-Fi signal is a bit weaker than on my note 3 but other than that, I really have no complaints.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one that is experiencing zero lag whatsoever? I'm at the point where I'm trying to make it lag. Opening a bunch of apps in a row. I used smartswitch but only for several apps. My note7 is flawless when it comes to speed. Now I do notice the Wi-Fi signal is a bit weaker than on my note 3 but other than that, I really have no complaints.

No you aren't.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I've had the Note 7 for a week. Upgraded from a Note 4. I've not had any issues and I definitely feel that the Note 7 is a superior phone/device.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
If you actually read the forums, we think we have found the source of some users lag.

If you're even interested in that...

Yes I saw. An FDR. I get it. And though I find it really funny that you have to FDR a $900 device just to make it run smoothly, I didn't post this to make a point. I just posted for the people who are keenly denying that it exists.

If you're not a fan of logic then you're right. It doesn't matter. Its your money. But for the rest of the consumers it might be a big deal that after paying $900 you're getting a phone which is taking 2 seconds to preview a photo. That used to happen on my Galaxy S3.

Anyways. I'm just being honest. Hate me. I don't care. And oh btw I have an S7. And im just really sad that Samsung let this become an issue again. The S7 didn't face this issue. No it didn't. Go see the forums. You might find me calling the S7 best phone Samsung has ever made.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
And before anyone bashes me for saying all these things without even owning the device; where I live we don't get the option of returning the phone if you don't like it. So I rely on reviews. And videos. And feedbacks of people on this forum. $900 is a big deal for me.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes I saw. An FDR. I get it. And though I find it really funny that you have to FDR a $900 device just to make it run smoothly, I didn't post this to make a point. I just posted for the people who are keenly denying that it exists.

If you're not a fan of logic then you're right. It doesn't matter. Its your money. But for the rest of the consumers it might be a big deal that after paying $900 you're getting a phone which is taking 2 seconds to preview a photo. That used to happen on my Galaxy S3.

Anyways. I'm just being honest. Hate me. I don't care. And oh btw I have an S7. And im just really sad that Samsung let this become an issue again. The S7 didn't face this issue. No it didn't. Go see the forums. You might find me calling the S7 best phone Samsung has ever made.

No it wasn't just an FDR. There is a good chance using smart switch caused problems and it required the FDR to need to be done.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Also people that don't have the issue are denying it exists as they should.

How can you discount their experience?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Why would I hate you for your opinion. Your point was trying to get people to see lag. We see it, but instead of sitting around complaining about it, there are users actually doing something to fix it.

I don't care if it costs $900 or $40, solutions are key here, not pointing fingers.

Not everyone is experiencing lag and we think we know why. That's a good thing . YMMV

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Also people that don't have the issue are denying it exists as they should.

How can you discount their experience?

You're right. I can't. And i shouldn't. And im sorry if I did. I will say it again. I just posted the mention of the video to let people see for themselves that it exists. And i wanted to see if people take it as lag or not. Because sometimes you DO get tuned to it. And thats not a bad thing. And i see so many people who deny that it exists.

Those who are not facing issues. Which might be A LOT A LOT. Thats good. I'm happy for them. Seriously.

It's upto you man. Watch the video. Don't watch the video. Samsung isn't paying me. Apple isn't paying me. Nobody is paying me to say stuff. I own an S7 and an iPhone. I wanted to own a note 7 by selling my S7. But hey, I am too scared to buy it now after watching THIS video especially.

Take informed decision. Be rational. And enjoy your phone! Whichever one it is. Peace!

Sorry if I said anything wrong.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You're right. I can't. And i shouldn't. And im sorry if I did. I will say it again. I just posted the mention of the video to let people see for themselves that it exists. And i wanted to see if people take it as lag or not. Because sometimes you DO get tuned to it. And thats not a bad thing. And i see so many people who deny that it exists.

Those who are not facing issues. Which might be A LOT A LOT. Thats good. I'm happy for them. Seriously.

It's upto you man. Watch the video. Don't watch the video. Samsung isn't paying me. Apple isn't paying me. Nobody is paying me to say stuff. I own an S7 and an iPhone. I wanted to own a note 7 by selling my S7. But hey, I am too scared to buy it now after watching THIS video especially.

Take informed decision. Be rational. And enjoy your phone! Whichever one it is. Peace!

You didn't say anything wrong.

There is also one thing to take into account.. Every Note release this happens. When new people flood the forums and their first post is how horrible the phone is, that is going to be suspect.

There is one person I have asked them a question about 5 times now and they just ignore me and keep posting how bad it is.

I've seen this since the S3 came out. You have to take things with a grain of salt on the internet and learn who to trust. Also there are so many variables with phones, how it was set up, what options are being used, what apps, how the apps are used, the carrier, the signal, etc.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

You have been very vocal about the lag you see on the net. There are many here that don't have it, or after a little work have cleared it up. I am actually sorry that some of the postings/reviews have dissuaded you from a phone you seem to want. No big deal at the end of the day, its just a phone, but still, its a shame.

It may be a good idea to check back over time. There will be more real-life experience with folks moving from S7 to N7. I suspect we will learn there is no real difference in performance, but you do get some additional features and a bigger screen.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded from a Note 4 and with the exception of being able to change out the battery, this phone is better in every way.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
To the tune of Rawhide: trolling, trolling, trolling ......... :D

I'll just say I'm happy others are finally catching on to is what going on around here.

Why not just post in the existing threads?

These posts are normal for every new Samsung release.

Competitor, or fanboy plants?? :) ;)

It's getting to a point and question if these are really true or just a Apple fanboy.

I get it, goes both ways with any company.

This is the reason why I'm not so obsessed with Apps, some do more harm than good.

Try Apple, Nexus and HTC. Samsung's got it coming from all sides lol

Call me crazy but I read the OP and thought to myself "Someone decided to make up something and post it". I have not had anywhere near that experience. Two friends also have this phone and neither one of them has any of the issues you have. Either this is a made up post by someone with an axe to grind or the phone is defective.

Op joined the forum today, just to post this..... This has the smell of troll all over it ������

Yep. If you'll notice, now that everyone is wise to what's been happening, less of these threads are being started. Finally some constructive conversation happening. It won't be as fun anymore for trolling.

Well, maybe they could post a picture of their device or a screenshot so we would know if they owned the phone.

And this is how you drive people who need help away. Nice job everyone.

There are things in the Note 7 that are busted, just like there are things on every single Android phone that are busted. If those happen to be something a person wants to use (or worked well on their last phone) they may seek help. There is no vast conspiracy to make your life choices or purchasing habits seem bad. The few trolls get dealt with by the people who are tasked with dealing with them.

Js2000ster, if you're still here I apologize. You can find help in these forums if you want to try and make for a better experience. I would suggest reading the various threads about problems similar to yours and seeing if they offer any useful information.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you got a bad unit. I as well came from the Note 4 and the 7 runs laps around, and then laps it again. It's night and day.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to love this phone so much, but it's just not a good phone. I previously owned the note 2 and then the note 4, both were great phones and when I got the note 4 it felt like a great upgraded model from the note 2. This note 7 feels like a downgrade from my 2 year old note 4! This note 7 is slow, crashes all the time, and is a pain to use. Web pages load very slow and scrolling up and down in a webpage looks terrible, the text is jittery and is not smooth at all. When i take out the spen and do smart select and select an image it constantly crashes. I feel I've been ripped off and I think I need to look into returning it to att. Hopefully I don't get charged a bunch of restocking fees. I don't know, maybe I received a bad one. Maybe att bloat ware ruined this phone?

Js2000ster, I am also with AT&T and am coming from a Note 4, then a Note 5 - however, my Note 7 has been flawless. I have not had any of the issues you are experiencing. I would first contact AT&T and see about a replacement phone, especially where you're having an issue with the S-Pen. An AT&T Store usually has a Tech Support Group in store - if not, Best Buy also has "Samsung Experience" - see if they can help before you just give up. This is one hell of a phone to just quit on so give it another chance! Oh, and I apologize for my part in the little "Trolling" game we all played earlier - sometimes we all jump to conclusions!

Thank you Jerry H. for reminding us!!!

YoYZ

May 30, 2014
Visit site

My Note 7 runs like absolute trash. As a Samsung fan boy I'm pretty disappointed. Those that say the lag doesn't exist, sweet for you but it does exist and when an update addressing it comes out you'll see it was a genuine problem, deny it or not. My S6 Active is much smoother and it's not even close. Gonna return the Note and wait for a fix for now