Samsung pay $20 promotion?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Can someone name a place where they used it successfully without any issues? I'd really like to take advantage of the promo
Walmart, Best Buy, BP, PetSmart, Giant Eagle(grocery store) McDonald's, Subway. I think that's all I've done so far. All without issue. The first couple times I used it I had to do it twice because I wasn't keeping the phone on the terminal long enough. After that it was smooth and quick.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Several people have been posting for a while now that Walmart has been an issue for them. It also seems like a store manager told one person that only Walmart Pay could be used.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Several people have been posting for a while now that Walmart has been an issue for them. It also seems like a store manager told one person that only Walmart Pay could be used.
Maybe it is individual stores that don't accept it. I would think it would be all or none, but maybe it isn't. I've used it at the two Walmart stores close to me with no issues.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it is individual stores that don't accept it. I would think it would be all or none, but maybe it isn't. I've used it at the two Walmart stores close to me with no issues.

Yeah I'm not sure.. I think it was in the Samsung Pay thread where I saw it.

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I got the $20 instantly after my first purchase. The e-mail and confirmation were done by the time I left the store. Now has anyone else had problems actually using the prepaid Visa? I've tried to use it 3 times and each time it has failed to even produce an error message and I've had to complete the transaction with my saved credit card instead. I looked and it says the balance is still $20 so I'm not sure what the problem is.

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm not seeing a reward or another card on my samsung pay account. I guess I need to try again tomorrow.
If I'm not mistaken someone else had the same problem in one of the other threads and they were able to get it resolved almost immediately with a phone call to Samsung. Hopefully you'll be able to do that if it hasn't shown up.

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I called Samsung Pay and it looks like it's an issue with Citibank cards. The transactions are showing up on the Citibank app, but not on Samsung Pay. I will contact Citibank tomorrow and see if they can make transactions visible on Samsung Pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty