Getting an S22 Ultra unlocked refurbished tomorrow.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I found an adaptor and tried to connect with my external hard drive, and this was the message I got.

View attachment 356139
It's probably formatted as NTFS, which android doesn't natively support. You can try total commander or solid explorer from the Play Store which I think have support. .

Or just reformat it... that will delete everything on the drive (you probably know that, but it's better safe)

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Probably the easiest way is to back up your old device to PC smart switch it also back up picture which Samsung cloud doesn't anymore then can load any time that back up or do the cable to cable transfer with smart switch between phones anything missing u have smart switch PC back up
I use PC Smart Switch when I get a new device.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
When I went from a S8 to a S21, I noticed that Samsung Switch put my music in a file called SdCardBackUp. I don't know why. I was looking a few minutes then saw that and there was all my music.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I did not know there was smart switch for the PC. I will definitely download that and have it handy. Thanks everyone for all the tips! I am switching phone carriers too this week. Been with Verizon since before it was even Verizon. Going to Spectrum mobile to save some money. I can get a $30 a month plan because I have their internet and they use Verizon towers. For a year I get a second line for free, so I am going to try out that eSim. Now I am just trying to decide about phone insurance. I can't find anything that replaces lost or stolen but I am checking on my renter's policy for that. There is a phone repair shop right down the street from me and with the prices of deductibles I might just forget the insurance that knock on wood I have used just once in my entire life of owning cell phones and my first cell phone was $30 for 30 minutes. I am coming full circle. Now $30 for 30 GBs.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I think I am just going to go with that dual flash drive. With an adaptor my phone will recognize a flash drive. I just don't have one with enough space. So, I will back up my phone and then save on my computer. I can't just use the Samsung PC because my computer for whatever reason is not recognizing my phone with the USB cable. I've got Windows 11 insider build.

Last edited:

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Hey friends!

Getting an S22 Ultra unlocked refurbished tomorrow. With the price of phones, wow, I was looking for the best way to replace my Note 20 Ultra. I hope I like the "new" phone. I can return it within 30 days if I don't like it, but I am hoping I do. I owned almost all Notes, but I just never felt the love from the 20. I am going to turn in my Note 20 to Amazon and hopefully get the full $250 for it. Then I can buy a new watch. I have had the Galaxy watch for five years now. With these prices, it is getting harder and harder to buy new gadgets.
did you get a decent price for for the refurbished s22?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I think I am just going to go with that dual flash drive. With an adaptor my phone will recognize a flash drive. I just don't have one with enough space. So, I will back up my phone and then save on my computer. I can't just use the Samsung PC because my computer for whatever reason is not recognizing my phone with the USB cable. I've got Windows 11 insider build.
Have you tried regular Windows 11? I don't have that problem, but I haven't used Windows insider ever. Last beta Windows I used was Windows 7 Beta because I hated Vista.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried regular Windows 11? I don't have that problem, but I haven't used Windows insider ever. Last beta Windows I used was Windows 7 Beta because I hated Vista.
Ever since I got this Windows 11 computer almost two years ago, I have used the insider because I wanted to get one of my games on the computer and had to have the insider. But something is definitely blocking the connection because I can hear it wanting to connect to the phone with the USB. And the computer does recognize the phone in some way because I can see the phone's driver and I can use the Phone Link app on my computer for texting with my phone number. The other thing is when I look for linked devices on my computer, my phone is paired but it won't connect. I checked and my Note 20 won't connect through the USB either, so it has to be something in the computer.

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
It was $700. The screen is perfect, and it works great. I get a 90 return, replace and I am planning on trading in my Note 20 Ultra to amazon and getting a $250 credit.
good for you. btw, you may be able to get more for your Note 20 by selling to a third party instead of amazon.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29