Getting an S22 Ultra unlocked refurbished tomorrow.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey friends!

Getting an S22 Ultra unlocked refurbished tomorrow. With the price of phones, wow, I was looking for the best way to replace my Note 20 Ultra. I hope I like the "new" phone. I can return it within 30 days if I don't like it, but I am hoping I do. I owned almost all Notes, but I just never felt the love from the 20. I am going to turn in my Note 20 to Amazon and hopefully get the full $250 for it. Then I can buy a new watch. I have had the Galaxy watch for five years now. With these prices, it is getting harder and harder to buy new gadgets.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey friends!

Getting an S22 Ultra unlocked refurbished tomorrow. With the price of phones, wow, I was looking for the best way to replace my Note 20 Ultra. I hope I like the "new" phone. I can return it within 30 days if I don't like it, but I am hoping I do. I owned almost all Notes, but I just never felt the love from the 20. I am going to turn in my Note 20 to Amazon and hopefully get the full $250 for it. Then I can buy a new watch. I have had the Galaxy watch for five years now. With these prices, it is getting harder and harder to buy new gadgets.
I hope you like your S22 Ultra. I've had mine since its release last year, and it's still going strong. What colour are you getting?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey friends!

Congrats
I'm sure you'll enjoy it

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Congrats and post up some pics and your thoughts on the phone when you get it... It's always nice to get an upgrade..
I have been so busy I never really got to know the Note 20 camera. I am going to have some extra time off between Christmas and Thanksgiving so I hope I can learn some cool stuff about the multiple cameras. I will post some pics.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I have been so busy I never really got to know the Note 20 camera. I am going to have some extra time off between Christmas and Thanksgiving so I hope I can learn some cool stuff about the multiple cameras. I will post some pics.
Awesome hopefully you free up nicely from your busy schedule.. and you can always get some good tips from some of the members here with the camera and the Samsung phone.. I'm usually a point and shoot type user lol.. but there are some neat features with these phones... I recently had the S23 Ultra and thought it was the best phone that I had this year.. they seem to be doing pretty good lately

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So, I am finally coming up for air. Even with Smart Switch, customizing is a day+ long challenge. I am sure I will find something else to do, well, I still do have a few things on my list, but my weekend cooking is calling my name. So far, I really like the phone. It is a little heavier than the Note 20 Ultra, but I suppose I will get used to it.

I had a hard time getting my music from my SD card. I transferred it to my computer from the Note but then the new phone would not connect to the computer for me to transfer. So frustrating and it took up way too much of my time. Not sure what the issue is but I transferred the music from the SD card to the internal storage and then used Smart Switch to send my music over.

Hope to finally take some pictures and videos soon. Hope you all are having a graeat weekend!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So, I am finally coming up for air. Even with Smart Switch, customizing is a day+ long challenge. I am sure I will find something else to do, well, I still do have a few things on my list, but my weekend cooking is calling my name. So far, I really like the phone. It is a little heavier than the Note 20 Ultra, but I suppose I will get used to it.

I had a hard time getting my music from my SD card. I transferred it to my computer from the Note but then the new phone would not connect to the computer for me to transfer. So frustrating and it took up way too much of my time. Not sure what the issue is but I transferred the music from the SD card to the internal storage and then used Smart Switch to send my music over.

Hope to finally take some pictures and videos soon. Hope you all are having a graeat weekend!
My music came over with Smart Switch. Surprised yours didn't.

My previous phone was Note 10. I still miss it but with no more security updates the S22 Ultra was a better choice for me. It is bigger and heavier but I really like it.

Best of luck with your music. You could try a usb c otg flash drive to copy files if computer doesn't work for you. I like keeping phone data backed up on flash drive rather than cloud.

Reactions: skatergirl

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My music came over with Smart Switch. Surprised yours didn't.

My previous phone was Note 10. I still miss it but with no more security updates the S22 Ultra was a better choice for me. It is bigger and heavier but I really like it.

Best of luck with your music. You could try a usb c otg flash drive to copy files if computer doesn't work for you. I like keeping phone data backed up on flash drive rather than cloud.
Maybe because the music was on the SD card it did not sync over? I am going to get one of those handy dual drive flash drives, so I don't have to worry about this again. Can you back up all the contents of your phone onto the flash drive or just pictures, music and documents? Can you do apps and messages?

Reactions: J Dubbs

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
There are apps in the Playstore that might enable copying apps to phone then copying those files to sd card. However, app data can't go with them unless phone is rooted. ( Does anyone still root phones?) Might as well just download them from playstore again. Google keeps track.

I only copy pics, docs, and music.

Smart Switch can transfer call history and texts. I use Google text so I can transfer all my texts from one device to another using a QR scan. i did it recently to a tablet and it worked great.

I have the same flash drive you mentioned in Amazon. I also use a Sandisk version but I need 512 gb to copy my phone data.

Last edited:
Reactions: skatergirl

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
There are apps in the Playstore that might enable copying apps to phone then copying those files to sd card. However, app data can't go with them unless phone is rooted. ( Does anyone still root phones?) Might as well just download them from playstore again. Google keeps track.

I only copy pics, docs, and music.

Smart Switch can transfer call history and texts. I use Google text so I can transfer all my texts from one device to another using a QR scan. i did it recently to a tablet and it worked great.

I have the same flash drive you mentioned in Amazon. I also use a Sandisk version but I need 512 gb to copy my phone data.
Thank you for the info!

Reactions: recDNA

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, transferring to a new phone is a lot better than it used to be, but it's still a huge pain. I prefer an external SSD to a flash drive if the budget allows. More expensive and bulkier, but the transfer speeds are worth it in my opinion.
Hey, thanks for that tip. I have a couple of external hard drives and I might even have an adaptor in the house. If not, I can get an inexpensive one.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, transferring to a new phone is a lot better than it used to be, but it's still a huge pain. I prefer an external SSD to a flash drive if the budget allows. More expensive and bulkier, but the transfer speeds are worth it in my opinion.
I found an adaptor and tried to connect with my external hard drive, and this was the message I got.

Screenshot.jpg