Best Insurance?

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
First brand new flagship phone (Note 7, Verizon) for me in a long time; I typically pick up a phone once the price has dropped, and never use insurance. This one's a pricey enough replacement that I think I want insurance, at least for the first several months...especially with the lack of good screen protectors. Never used a case before, but may now, also.

What are the best insurance options? Just use the Verizon one? Some third party? Want ease of replacement/customer service. Not mega pricey.

FedEx guy just handed me my Note 7 delivery as I typed this.

Go!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I ended up going with SquareTrade. They don't cover loss or theft so that's a bummer, but I haven't lost a phone in about 9 years. I've never had a phone stolen, but I was a little worried about that anyway. I used the code phone20 and got $20.00 off. They've got a good reputation and much lower deductibles than carriers. Only $99.00.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
with my i phones i always used apple care and for theft or loss i just added rider to my home owners. with this new note i am not sure what to do, i am leaning toward the samsung plan

Sherri64

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Most homeowners policies have a minimum of a $500 deductible.... I have used Verizon TEC (total protection: loss/theft/water damage/glass/etc...) and put in one claim in 15 years (daughter's Galaxy was stolen from gym locker.) It was worth the $150.00 back then. Now, not so sure. She has Samsung Note 5(?) but is away at school, so she still has that insurance plan. Older daughter has Best Buy Protection Plan on her Motorola x Pure, bought from them. I have the Square Trade for my Motorola X Pure, bought on Amazon.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I just use the carrier insurance since it covers loss and theft. A big deductible though. Square trade raised prices and deductibles a while ago and doesn't cover loss/theft so I stopped getting from them but they are good besides that. Got a couple screen repairs through them and no issues. Fast reimbursement. I don't plan to keep the phone longer than a year so I'm ok paying $7 a month and it's more convenient for me.

Att has the lowering deductible. So the longer you go without a claim, the lower your deductible goes. However, they are raising deductibles slightly for claims after Sept 1 lol. I'm hoping other carriers start to follow suit here.

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If anyone has a Wells Fargo credit card..... They offer cell phone insurance IF you pay your monthly cellular bill on that card.

No upfront or monthly charge. $25 deductible and $600 max coverage on each device (up to 2x per year) or $1200 per year total on all your devices. Theft coverage is included but not lost device.

Check it out. Nothing to sign up for our enroll in. Just pay your cell bill with your Wells Fargo credit card and that's it

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Most homeowners policies have a minimum of a $500 deductible.... I have used Verizon TEC (total protection: loss/theft/water damage/glass/etc...) and put in one claim in 15 years (daughter's Galaxy was stolen from gym locker.) It was worth the $150.00 back then. Now, not so sure. She has Samsung Note 5(?) but is away at school, so she still has that insurance plan. Older daughter has Best Buy Protection Plan on her Motorola x Pure, bought from them. I have the Square Trade for my Motorola X Pure, bought on Amazon.

check with your homeowners, mine offers a rider for electronics with a lower deductible. for my plan the deductible is $50

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I haven't gotten mine, yet.... Trying to decide what to go with. Either the AT&T insurance, which I'm kind of eh... About. Or Geek Squad protection. I don't recall the deductibles off hand, but they offer two different levels. One with basic coverage, and one that covers loss/theft etc

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I got the $10 a month T-Mobile protection plan. Covers theft, stolen, accidental damage, mechanical or electrical breakdown, up to $175 deductible per claim, 2 approved claims per year and $1,500 per claim limit.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I am new to Verizon and got the Total Protection Plan for now. It covers everything plus live Tech support who can jump on your phone to help trouble shoot and answer any questions more quickly. We'll see how it goes. I can dial back the coverage any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa