08-31-2016 10:10 PM
81 ... 234
tools
    So what is the average screen time people are getting? I once got 6 hrs and like 10 mins.. Lately its only about 5hrs and 15 mins. Just trying to guage whats good or what should be expected
    still only getting about 3 hours. But I have not run the package disabler yet.
    08-31-2016 07:09 PM
    still only getting about 3 hours. But I have not run the package disabler yet.
    How do you run the disabler? Do you just click on disable all bloatware? Or is there a step to step guide?
    08-31-2016 07:11 PM
    How do you run the disabler? Do you just click on disable all bloatware? Or is there a step to step guide?
    I pick what I want to disable, individually. Generally the pink items are considered bloat by the developer, but some of those are things that people will use.
    08-31-2016 07:21 PM
    Great question. I need to figure that out too. There are a number of people who have posted their settings on this thread, I was gonna start there. I do know that you don't just select all ....you have to be somewhat selective.
    08-31-2016 07:21 PM
    I have to say I am really sad to see that almost everyone here disagrees with my thoughts on battery life! Mostly because if there is no high demand for great battery life, then the suppliers will make no effort to improve battery life.

For me battery life is the most important part of a phone - not because I use my phone too much or don't have access to chargers (although with the Note 7 the USB-C makes it more difficult to find available chargers from anyone) but in case of an emergency. The beautiful design, fast processor, nice screen, and helpful apps are all USELESS if my phone has died and all I need it for is to make an emergency phone call. I don't want "charge phone" to always be on my mind, or have to base my choices around whether or not my phones needs to be charged. Sometimes I forget to charge my phone in the middle of the day or moving around without access to a charger.

It seems, though, that I will need to adapt because most people are settling for mediocre battery performance.
    If that was the only criteria, we could all go back to the flip phones, battery life was awesome and you could always count on it to make that emergency call. Today's smartphones allow you to do so much more, so all that extra activity on a gigantic screen means that battery life can only be realistic to a certain extent. Until smart and slim battery packs and rapid charging came along, the burden of carrying extra batteries or power cases etc was more cumbersome. I agree it is still an added step but the inconvenience of having to carrying a battery pack far outweighs the convenience of having a smartphone that can do so much more than a 10 year old flip phone with great battery life.

Another reason for not getting good battery life is the fact that we are spoiled by qHD screens so even with a 3500mAh battery it is difficult to get through a full day of heavy use. Contrast that with Apple who does not provide a qHD screen for good reason and can get away with a measly 2700mAh battery in the 6s+. With that in mind it is quite commendable what Samsung has done on the international S7edge.

There are battery advances coming but those will come from companies focused on battery research and not companies making smartphones. Everyone is going to focus on their core competency.
    Kelly Kearns and libra89 like this.
    08-31-2016 08:09 PM
    I followed this tutorial and everything seems to work fine.

I went through the list and re enabled a co[uple of stuff. But it was easier to do that than select them one by one and o haven't noticed any issue so far.

I don't know about the battery yet. I'll need a test to see if it made the difference. However I was able to tell immediately that my phone was mighty fast !!!!! I never thought it was lagging before. But all of a sudden it looks a little more like an iPhone. So smooth !!!!
    08-31-2016 10:10 PM
81 ... 234