Battery apps....

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I have 2 apps that tell me the battery and cpu temp. 1 is cooler master and other is phone info samsung. Both tell me different temps. Like the cooler master will say like 94° for battery and the phone info one tells me 111°. How am i supposed to tell which one is accurate? Or should I be using a different app?

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've made a tasker profile that will scream out SOS in Morse code if the phone is plugged in and the battery temp gets above 110F... that way if the battery is deciding to spontaneously combust, I should be warned and unplug. Not sure if this is what you're going for or not in your post....

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I've made a tasker profile that will scream out SOS on Morse code if the phone is plugged in and the battery temp gets above 110F... that way if the battery is deciding to spontaneously combust, I should be warned and unplug. Mot sure if this is what you're going for or not in your post....

Yeah i want to be notified if my battery gets too hot but i also want an accurate battery temp. Both my apps tell me 2 different things and i don't like that lol.

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i want to be notified if my battery gets too hot but i also want an accurate battery temp. Both my apps tell me 2 different things and i don't like that lol.

So you said the app reported battery and CPU temps, those temps will be different. I thought that CPU temp monitoring was more of a root thing, and some apps might use extrapolation calculations to report CPU or batter temps. But I'm not sure.
I think tasker looks at the phone's reporting values...

Are these Note 7 explosions only blowing up while charging, or have there been legit reports of issues while not charging?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
So you said the app reported battery and CPU temps, those temps will be different. I thought that CPU temp monitoring was more of a root thing, and some apps might use extrapolation calculations to report CPU or batter temps. But I'm not sure.

Are these Note 7 explosions only blowing up while charging, or have there been legit reports of issues while not charging?

I believe the reports are saying that the reported phones caught fire or exploded while charging. Haven't read anymore lately to hear any of them doing that while not charging so not sure. I'll Google it later. Sorry I'm not the brightest when it comes to the battery, cpu etc kind of stuff. I'm really more worried about battery temp. I say mine probably normal. It gets warm from a lot of use which is normal. It gets even warmer when I play on phone a lot with Wi-Fi and it charging which I shouldnt be doing probably. But most of the time it's fine.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Is tasker the whole name of the app you using?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87