What will Samsung Need to do to regain customer confidence in the N7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
For me, they need to do nothing but provide me with a safe replacement.

For the general public, while this is really a big deal, we all know how short people's attention spans are. It'll be remembered with "antenna-gate" and "bend-hate", and even though it is much more serious, I think it will become the past sooner than some expect.

If they handle all the replacements well (that's a big "if"), I believe they will have very little issue regaining consumer confidence. It's hard to say with any certainty now, but honestly, if it goes well, I can actually see a situation where the recall could be remembered positively down the road (i.e."Remember that time Samsung had a safety issue with a few phones, and they replaced 2 million just to be safe?"). For me, It's all about the effective and efficient handling of the recall.

Last edited:

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
No need to apologize to me and I hope the OP doesn't think I was making fun of them. Only making fun of AC.

Lol I'm sure they don't think that and I was apologizing to both but i don't know how to double quote or whatever its called. I'm sure you can imagine the misspelling of my words. Lol. I usually catch it tho.

mru007

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Samsung should definitely drop down the price of Note 7 when it "re-launches" in a few days. Then maybe more customers will go for Note 7, in spite of it's current shoddy state. And as far as "customer confidence" goes, Samsung must practically show the world the test results side by side of the previous Note 7 models & the refurbished ones, by comparing the technical data (and converting it to 'easy-to-understand' data) of the battery internals, glass panel strength - rear side especially & scratch resistance. I think this will surely help them to regain back the customer confidence :)

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
If I could choose the blue one for my replacement, that would be just dreamy. I drove 70 miles one way and visited 3 stores to only to get "basic black" because I didn't want silver (my spare note 5 is gold) and blue was sold out. I was NOT going home without one. It was my birthday present to me. Yay me! :) So yeah, I love this phone and I'll stay with Samsung but i would love to get a blue replacement.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I've never owned a Samsung device. However, I would consider buying one in the future, since I believe Samsung did the right thing by promptly issuing a recall. Not many companies do that.

That might make me a future Samsung customer.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Samsung should definitely drop down the price of Note 7 when it "re-launches" in a few days. Then maybe more customers will go for Note 7, in spite of it's current shoddy state. And as far as "customer confidence" goes, Samsung must practically show the world the test results side by side of the previous Note 7 models & the refurbished ones, by comparing the technical data (and converting it to 'easy-to-understand' data) of the battery internals, glass panel strength - rear side especially & scratch resistance. I think this will surely help them to regain back the customer confidence :)

Do you think Samsung will be selling refurbished N7's? I would doubt that. People who already own a N7 have been promised a new phone in exchange for their phone.

What Samsung intends to do with these phones is anyone's guess. They could be refurbished with a new battery and used for warranty exhanges. To sell them out right, at a major discount, would only compete with themselves tring to maintain the current pricing on a new N7.

mru007

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: My Samsung Confidence is at an All Time Low

These exploding battery issues were present in only less than 0.1% of devices. But even then Samsung decided to recall all Note 7s because they care for customer's safety (this move has cost them a lot & they must have already calculated the business risks in doing so). After a few days, Note 7 will re-incarnate into a 'Refurbished Note 7' & emerge from the current ashes of shoddiness & will sustain it's premium reputation in the market :D

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

No, it has nothing to do with pairing, its fine and the iPhone sends all its notifications, S Health data, etc. Its still beta and kind of raw, but 75 percent of it is there.

The Gear S2 has its own menu options on the watch itself to do things like turn off various radios. The Numbersync and the NFC on/off were two options that were always in the Connections menu on the S2 - and they are gone now.

I see. You still might have more luck with a solution posting in the Gear S2 forum.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

3e878a673157f0558a23cb82a07237b5.gif

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
"How Samsung can regain Customer confidence" after the GNote7 battery
exploding. 1) Accept responsibility on the unexpected event: 2) Get in
touch with the Carriers, who still has this Note's 7 release and Stop
selling and Recycle them: 3) Stop the production of this Phone

and Come up in March-2017: with the Note8..Buyers worldwide
will distrust to purchase this Phone. The popularity of this
Phone Brand will diminish. I'm Not a prophet, but this
company will be sold to Google.com-Hehe! :-Bye

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site

No, it has nothing to do with pairing, its fine and the iPhone sends all its notifications, S Health data, etc. Its still beta and kind of raw, but 75 percent of it is there.

The Gear S2 has its own menu options on the watch itself to do things like turn off various radios. The Numbersync and the NFC on/off were two options that were always in the Connections menu on the S2 - and they are gone now.
Remember it's beta. At least they are trying to help the customer. Not sure Apple would do the same.

And wait for the final release.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Remember it's beta. At least they are trying to help the customer. Not sure Apple would do the same.

And wait for the final release.

it would appear to have nothing to do with the app. The OP is saying the watch itself is missing menu items that were present prior to doing a Factory Reset on it. I was confused myself originally, but I think the help he needs can best be sought in the forum for that watch , as opposed to the Note 7 one.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Although I see many N7 lovers are loyal to Samsung, I see for many, the honeymoon is over. As gorgeous as their new bride is, people are beginning to become less tolerant and see her faults. What good is she if she has to be handled with kid gloves? What good is she, as sexy as she is, if she is a hot head and blows up with no provocation? What good is she if her good looks are so easily damaged even when you have done nothing to abuse her. Not only that, you now see she isn't the quickest girl around. She always lagged, but you overlooked that because she was so pretty. She is an expensive lady and you deserved much more.

Frankly, I doubt the N7 will recover from this fiasco. People may overlook the battery flaw once it is fixed, but for many, their bride will not be the same.
Samsung can lower the price, apply a free screen protector, give an extended warranty, but many will not want their bride back. For what they paid, she should have never cheated on them. Instead of looking forward to welcoming her back and giving her another chance, they will look elsewhere. They don't want to worry about being possibly hurt again.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No I don't expect the Note to be at a discount. Samsung has earned my confidence by how they have handled a problem that was discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez