Who else is sick of all the nonsense doom and gloom over the Note 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I am sick to death of all the stupid, moronic online commentary about what the Note 7 recall spells for Samsung.

Yes, it is an embarrassment at a really awkward time just before a new iPhone release. Yes, it will cost Samsung a fortune to recall and replace millions of phones. Yes, a few people will look elsewhere rather than buy a Note 7.

But no, this is not the end of Samsung like so many online idiots seem to suggest. All sorts of manufacturers recall their products each year over the world and they continue to survive. Samsung will get over this and no doubt learn valuable lessons. I personally think that the Note 7 was rushed into production. In a month's time, it will be business as usual.

And no doubt, the S8 will be a huge seller and all the fiasco of the Note 7 will be forgotten.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I dont think this will ruin Samsung but Im pretty sure it is going to keep people away from their phones for a while. This is 2 phones in a row that have failed horribly for Samsung. The S7 Active has been a complete disaster as well.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I didn't hear anything about the S7 active. In any case, it's a niche Galaxy that most don't even know exists.

The other thing is that no reasonable person can fault Samsung for their very fast, generous and pro active response to this issue. The only people that find fault are those impatient people who will be left without their Note 7 for a short while. But people like that are everywhere. The normal, reasonable person realises that mistakes happen. It's how you deal with it that matters.

Only a very few people stomp up and down like the mentally 2 yr olds that they really are.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
The active failures made national news on every main stream media outlet. Plenty of people know about it and its failures.

But yes I agree, they handled this one ok and did what they could for the most part. Except where they passed the buck to the retailers.

Robster33

Banned
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I am sick to death of all the stupid, moronic online commentary about what the Note 7 recall spells for Samsung.

Yes, it is an embarrassment at a really awkward time just before a new iPhone release. Yes, it will cost Samsung a fortune to recall and replace millions of phones. Yes, a few people will look elsewhere rather than buy a Note 7.

But no, this is not the end of Samsung like so many online idiots seem to suggest. All sorts of manufacturers recall their products each year over the world and they continue to survive. Samsung will get over this and no doubt learn valuable lessons. I personally think that the Note 7 was rushed into production. In a month's time, it will be business as usual.

And no doubt, the S8 will be a huge seller and all the fiasco of the Note 7 will be forgotten.

It won't go well with Samsung if people have the attitude like this eBay seller told me (quote):

I'm using two one silver and one gold both put to the test never reached temperature over 45 degrees Celsius,
To the best of my knowledge and with my phone experience background I can tell you that seems to me that this news is all elaborated by the opposition: how frenzy that out of the 35 cases in the world none are from Australia, and Australia been one of the major consumers per capita in the world and we have no cases as yet!! Makes you wonder.
Even worst scenario Samsung has offered a full refund. Of their retail price.
All I can say I'm not taking any of mine two back to Samsung I am very happy and it is a top phone.

wricu01

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Well it hasn't been the most pleasant experience to say the least. I've been buying the Notes sense the Note 3,

I'm just going that get impressed this year theres a few things I was looking for that didn't happen. Like the exynos processor 6 gig of RAM.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
The active failures made national news on every main stream media outlet. Plenty of people know about it and its failures.

But yes I agree, they handled this one ok and did what they could for the most part. Except where they passed the buck to the retailers.

The S7 actice was an ATT exclusive only. It never launched anywhere else in the world.

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
+1 - I'm tired of the insanity as well. What I want is a clear statement it is "safe enough" to hold on to our current devices until replacements are available. That's what I plan to do, but I guess they can't say that for liability reasons.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Well it hasn't been the most pleasant experience to say the least. I've been buying the Notes sense the Note 3,

I'm just going that get impressed this year theres a few things I was looking for that didn't happen. Like the exynos processor 6 gig of RAM.

Seriously? There is a ton of features on the Note 7 and you are disappointed it didn't have 6GB RAM?

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I dont think this will ruin Samsung but Im pretty sure it is going to keep people away from their phones for a while. This is 2 phones in a row that have failed horribly for Samsung. The S7 Active has been a complete disaster as well.
I never heard of it

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Please articulate very explicitly the difference those things would've made in your day to day usage?

Seems a lot of people just want more in their phones even though the user experience would stay the same.

Agreed. The first note to be waterproof without port covers, an iris scanner that works well by must people's reckoning, always on display, write notes on the blank screen and scroll so you can write now pages of notes, blue light filter, ability to change screen resolution from QHD to FHD to HD. And on and on.

Yet not happy because it doesn't have 6GB RAM.

By next month, this whole recall fiasco will be over.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
And also regarding all these ***** doom and gloomers, they all carry on about the imminent release of the iPhone 7 but fail to mention a few critical things. Apple itself has been in a downturn and they themselves have predicted that even with a new model, the downturn will continue.

The iPhone 7 is expected to be just an incremental upgrade that will not set the mobile world on fire. And to top it off, there is expected to be considerable backlash over ditching the headphone jack.

So the Note 7's recall just before iPhone 7 release will not be that big of a deal as naysayers expect.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

If anything the fact that Samsung admitted to the problem and swiftly notified customers and began the steps towards getting the replacement devices shipped so quickly has made me much more inclined to buy Samsung devices in the future.

No way would Apple, HTC or LG have done this. They would have denied, denied, denied.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note

Let's all remember to post in the spirit of P.U.P.P.A.H - opinions are great but insulting others for not agreeing isn't needed in a civil conversation.

Thanks.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I never heard of it
It is an AT&T exclusive. They did it with the S6 also. IIRC, it basically has a built in case and built in screen protector.

There are some failures with the water resistance and Samsung and AT&T are doing the absolute minimum, sometimes not even the minimum and they have had to push for that.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
There are some failures with the water resistance and Samsung and AT&T are doing the absolute minimum, sometimes not even the minimum and they have had to push for that.
I don't think that is an accurate characterization of the situation. If your S7 Active experiences water damage, they will replace it with a warranty replacement with no deductible.

Status
Not open for further replies.