Note 7 went boom

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Man the best battery I've ever had was in my LG G2. That thing gave such great battery life and held charge like no other.

O.K. Samsung, maybe you need to get ALL of your replacement batteries from LG? God, will this thing ever end?

V6Hawk

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you... and being Demo, there's probably no box any longer and it's probably burned too badly to ever know if it were China or Korea? Damned!

They definitely still have the box. It's a Demo. I have my demo box. What am I looking for?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a new Android phone with usb c that has confirmed wired usb c to hdmi picture and synced audio capability. Hoping the V20 will. G5 is a mixed bag. Most say it doesn't work. A couple of people say their converter works but I can't get an answer on high quality viewing of something like Netflix on my tv. Samsung never will so I'm looking at other brands. I loved my N7 but lose too many functions. Ir blaster and wired HDMI are things I really miss. LG seems to support wired hdmi. I don't know if Moto or any of the other premium brands do. I will never understand why Sammy went out of their way to disable wired USB C to HDMI.

Still if it weren't for this recall I would have kept my N7. It was a beauty.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking for a new Android phone with usb c that has confirmed wired usb c to hdmi picture and synced audio capability. Hoping the V20 will. G5 is a mixed bag. Most say it doesn't work. A couple of people say their converter works but I can't get an answer on high quality viewing of something like Netflix on my tv. Samsung never will so I'm looking at other brands. I loved my N7 but lose too many functions. Ir blaster and wired HDMI are things I really miss. LG seems to support wired hdmi. I don't know if Moto or any of the other premium brands do. I will never understand why Sammy went out of their way to disable wired USB C to HDMI.

Still if it weren't for this recall I would have kept my N7. It was a beauty.

Any word if the V20 will have IR blaster?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Actually, it just might. Samsung SDI batteries are not available for use in China.

Exploding kittens: how to tell if you have a Samsung SDI, or a 'safe' ATL battery in your Note 7

This is one of the problems with having 10 threads about the same topic. This post from Phone Arena has already be shown to be totally bunk. The SDI thing is irrelevant conjecture on their part and none of their sources are stating that only SDI batteries are corrupted. But in the post you quoted, Kevin is stating that phones made in China are not definitively made with Chinese batteries other than the ones being sold in China. So the batteries used in the T-Mobile phones cannot be inferred with the information available.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Any word if the V20 will have IR blaster?
Nope. Might come out tomorrow but the G5 and V10 do so why not. LG isn't into taking things away like Sammy is.Why go to USB C only to retard its best functions?

LG not as stable, tend to have horrible battery life, suffer from bootloops and are not as refined as Sammy but this N7 fiasco has kinda soured me.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Honestly guys if Samsung didn't pinpoint and identify certain devices and announce the recall for those I don't think it matters where the device was made or any other investigative tactics to attempt to see if your device is impacted. Korea, China, black or blue, it doesn't matter. They're recalling all of them because I'm sure they don't know which was specifically are impacted. They probably have an idea but I'm sure it's not 100% certain or they would focus on those devices. So stop trying to be Matlock, exchange your device when it's convenient for you :)

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Honestly guys if Samsung didn't pinpoint and identify certain device and announce the recall for those I don't think it matters where the device was made or any other investigative tactics to attempt to see if your device is impacted. Korea, China, it doesn't matter. They're recalling all of them because I'm sure they don't know which was specifically are impacted. They probably have an idea but I'm sure it's not 100% certain or they would focus on those devices. So stop trying to be Matlock, exchange your device when it's convenient for you :)
Exactly.. If Samsung could pinpoint the devices they wouldn't be just handing out new phones to everyone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well this is one.

I'm sure there are some here. Samsung said they had blown up all over the world. Remember, before the recall we knew of about 4-5 cases, we found out at least 35 blew up.

That means a lot of people were keeping quiet about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez