Note 7 went boom

Rohith Rohi1

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
So Your phone has exploded... so take it to samsung i think you get a another one...!!! and as per recent stories i listened .. dont use vr headset with note7 ..!! it too breaking out explosions.. check it out guys...!!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
And this is what confuses me because it has been said a few places that it's a bad cell in the battery. So it should fail quickly? Nobody has said if in all the cases it was early on or if they had been charging with no issues before the fire or if they were even charging at all at the time of the fire in all the cases. That's the part I guess that bothers me. Without details I'm unable to make an informed choice. I've had mine since the 19th. Charged at least twice a day. Left on the charger overnight. Charged it at work in 110 degree environment and left it on charger there too. But I'm supposed to think the next time might be the time it catches fire. I understand precautions and I will trade in my phone. I just wish I knew if it would be fine until new ones are in. I can't be without a phone and I sent my note 4 in for rebate. 10 days (they say the 16th) is a long time to be paranoid. Lol. I just don't know what to do.

We don't know how quickly the pack will fail. If it is going to happen, it might happen right away, but it might be something that happens randomly. The only safe recourse is to not use the phone.... Based on what I've seen so far, all fingers have been pointing to something wrong with the battery pack being prone to suffering some sort of failure and creating a thermal run-away reaction, causing the pack to burn. It would appear that the fault is more likely to occur when charging the phone, so that seems to point to heat as a contributing factor... but we've also heard of units failing that weren't being charged.

You might have a battery that is unaffected, you might just also have been lucky. Based on the current information, if you do not have a phone destined for the domestic Chinese market, your phone's battery, whether it had final assembly in China or not, was almost certainly made by Samsung SDI and is at risk. The only advice I can give you is to power your phone down and find something else to use while replacement Note 7s become available. Really, I don't want to see anyone injured, suffer any property damage, etc. The Note 7 I planned on giving to my wife is sitting in a box on a shelf while I wait for a replacement myself... No way I am going to put her at risk.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If Samsung is truly concerned about safety sd they thought the devices were really unsafe they wouldn't try to circumvent laws just to get replacement devices out sooner.

There's no doubt this recall is being investigated by the countries effected and yet no government or consumer protection agency has come forward to state the devices are unsafe.

I believe they would. No one wants to go through an official recall IF they don't have to. You can put your faith in them. I believe they care about safety but I also believe they formed a strategy to have the devices replaced sooner that they would have if they followed typical protocol. And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. I'm just saying they can't place emphasis on the words recall because technically it's not a recall according to them. It's participating in their "exchange program". There's a reason they avoid using certain verbiage. It would be up to Samsung to initiate the recall with consumer safety commission. But they didn't do that. They launched their own program. So I expect them present it as they see fit and not the way a real recall would be issued.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
More hearsay / BS. :-\ Not one solid proof of a Note 7 in the USA blowing up or catching fire.

Samsung has already said that half of the failed units that were part of their original investigation came from the United States.

EDIT: found one of the articles, from 9/2 .... 17 from SK, 17 from the US and 1 from Taiwan.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/g...k/news-story/d4fd6862a39411dd6ebf545e0579ddc6

And this was BEFORE reports of Australian units that failed.... which was followed by Samsung Austrailia recommending that all Note 7 owners power down their devices and not to use them until they are replaced.

Last edited:

Jigo

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has already said that half of the failed units that were part of their original investigation came from the United States.

EDIT: found one of the articles, from 9/2 .... 17 from SK, 17 from the US and 1 from Taiwan.

Samsung Galaxy Note7 may be recalled over fire risk

And this was BEFORE reports of Australian units that failed.... which was followed by Samsung Austrailia recommending that all Note 7 owners power down their devices and not to use them until they are replaced.

Don't bother, he won't believe this is happening unless he see's one burn up right in front of him.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
More hearsay / BS. :-\ Not one solid proof of a Note 7 in the USA blowing up or catching fire.

BGR article today - a note 7 charging is left charging in a garage - guy goes to pick up his daughter - comes home to his home and the Fire Department is heading in to put out a garage fire.

Report says happened in South Carolina

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Man, I can smell that class action lawsuit coming in the very near future. :-\

Don't worry though, Samsung is offering everyone a $25. bill credit as compensation for all these problems. :p

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
The First Report of The Note 7 Causing a fire in The United States! This is the Proof I was looking for Not Word of mouth or Hearsay!!! Going Back to My Note 4 until Wednesday!

View attachment 238759

Video:
http://www.wmbfnews.com/clip/12713697/recalled-samsung-phone-considered-as-cause-of-house-fire

Exploding Galaxy Note 7 may have caused a man's house to burn down
So this guy is a firefighter and left home with his phone charging in the garage? And on the same outlet with an air compressor?

IF the phone was the cause, it was clearly on a flammable surface or next to flammable materials.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Man, wishful thinking is such a dangerous thing. I'm really surprised how many people are susceptible to this. Samsung has issued a global recall, are they full of it too?

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
This isn't surprising at all... When there has been numerous statements released to return the device asap. When I called about options for the loaner / exchange - while not directly stating to not use the phone - they "strongly" and "highly recommended" I return it for safety reasons.

If it's not clear previously it should be now.. imho everyone should really consider stop using the phone immediately. I expect this may make the headlines tonight.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non