Note 7 US failure..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberguycpt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Jeep destroyed by Note 7!

Every Jeep I have owned does this,so because this guy's jeep is his pride and joy and he has sunk a lot of cash into (which by the way thousands of Jeep owners do the same thing including myself) his story is fishy to some here... Sheese some people need to get out more...

Until Samsung issues a statement to turn these phones off and not use then, we're going to see more stories just like this.. and they have been lucky so far.. The first major accident/death from this will will cost them more than telling folks to do this.. But I find it strange that people here think that everyone is lying about this... And just out for a quick buck.. Very strange
Imagine if they had left the kid in the car, man this would have been much worse.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't buy it. There seem to be too many logic faults in the story. Anyone own a Jeep and want to chime in on how it's power system works? I suspect it's like most cars on that if you turn off the engine, or take the keys out it cuts off power to the cigarette lighter, and nothing would charge from there. I'm thinking the guy and/or his wife heard about the Note battery incident and decided to commit insurance fraud. I seriously doubt he left the keys in the car, his engine running, his Note charging, and been oblivious or choosing to ignore the charging warnings that had been in the news and notified to him by Samsung and his carrier.

In "most" American vehicles, the lighter stays hot after tje car is turned off and keys pulled, at least most up till 2013 did... "most" foreign vehicles, the lighter jack ****s off with the car.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Jeep story is a hoax...either the owner did it on purpose to get a new car paid for fully by Samsung or apple hired him for this publicity stunt...makes no since to have a explosion like the one he had....

etad putta

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Seems easier to just add a link. St. Pete family says Jeep totaled by exploding Note 7 - Story | FOX 13 Tampa Bay
I wonder how solid this story is. I wonder if they're doing an investigation into the cause of the fire to confirm. I would assume so. You would think they would wait for confirmation first.

These are the type of stories i hate because they are so hard to prove one way or the other. The guy said his Jeep was a source of pride for him because he had made extensive modifications to it. I read that as something he did caused the Jeep to catch on fire, but we'll blame the phone!

bucky716

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Jeep story is a hoax...either the owner did it on purpose to get a new car paid for fully by Samsung or apple hired him for this publicity stunt...makes no since to have a explosion like the one he had....
Device goes boom, fire starts. How does that not make sense? Apple hired him. lololol

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I just watched this on the news this morning. The phone is a melted mass so not sure if it was a note 7 but he seemed to be upset about the loss of his vehicle. He also said he had no issues with the phone up until that point. He only had it 4 days. This is the kind of information that's helpful. Did all of them happen in the first week or so of charging? Just because the phone has been out for 2 1/2 weeks doesn't mean everyone has had them for that long and battery failure could be early on. That would give some of us a little relief until replacements can get here. I may go trade out today because I just can't stand having this great phone that I'm scared of. There is literally nothing else I want but with no one knowing when the new ones will arrive I just can't keep worrying.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

I don't buy it. There seem to be too many logic faults in the story. Anyone own a Jeep and want to chime in on how it's power system works? I suspect it's like most cars on that if you turn off the engine, or take the keys out it cuts off power to the cigarette lighter, and nothing would charge from there. I'm thinking the guy and/or his wife heard about the Note battery incident and decided to commit insurance fraud. I seriously doubt he left the keys in the car, his engine running, his Note charging, and been oblivious or choosing to ignore the charging warnings that had been in the news and notified to him by Samsung and his carrier.

My wrangler can keep charging once I turn off the ignition. I can also continue to listen to the radio once I pull out the key if I choose.

moc426

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Every Jeep I have owned does this,so because this guy's jeep is his pride and joy and he has sunk a lot of cash into (which by the way thousands of Jeep owners do the same thing including myself) his story is fishy to some here... Sheese some people need to get out more...

Until Samsung issues a statement to turn these phones off and not use then, we're going to see more stories just like this.. and they have been lucky so far.. The first major accident/death from this will will cost them more than telling folks to do this.. But I find it strange that people here think that everyone is lying about this... And just out for a quick buck.. Very strange

The story is fishy because he just concluded it's the note 7. How does he know this and know it's not one his modifications that caused a fire?

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just watched this on the news this morning. The phone is a melted mass so not sure if it was a note 7 but he seemed to be upset about the loss of his vehicle. He also said he had no issues with the phone up until that point. He only had it 4 days. This is the kind of information that's helpful. Did all of them happen in the first week or so of charging? Just because the phone has been out for 2 1/2 weeks doesn't mean everyone has had them for that long and battery failure could be early on. That would give some of us a little relief until replacements can get here. I may go trade out today because I just can't stand having this great phone that I'm scared of. There is literally nothing else I want but with no one knowing when the new ones will arrive I just can't keep worrying.

4 days, that means he would have bought the phone on Friday after they had all been recalled.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
The video link is posted on here somewhere. But he says he didn't know about the recall and it clearly said he had it 4 days. He also said he was getting the run around from the manufacturer. But honestly anybody who called their carrier on Friday can tell you how uninformed they were, so it's possible he bought it early in the morning.

moc426

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The video is on the article page on top St. Pete family says Jeep totaled by exploding Note 7 - Story | FOX 13 Tampa Bay If he had it 4 days, means he bought it after the recall announcement and after all the stores stopped selling it. It's still possible he bought it from some smaller cell phone retailer who didn't stop selling it. The incident needs to be investigated to determine the true cause of the fire.

The video link is posted on here somewhere. But he says he didn't know about the recall and it clearly said he had it 4 days. He also said he was getting the run around from the manufacturer. But honestly anybody who called their carrier on Friday can tell you how uninformed they were, so it's possible he bought it early in the morning.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

The story is fishy because he just concluded it's the note 7. How does he know this and know it's not one his modifications that caused a fire?
One of the modifications? Seriously? You really don't know much about Jeeps or anything else automotive do you... Lol

moc426

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

No don't but you know faulty wiring can cause fire right? Wiring, electronics are not automotive.

One of the modifications? Seriously? You really don't know much about Jeeps or anything else automotive do you... Lol

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm using my Note 7 from Verizon, but staying present while it charges. I'm actually ordering an iPhone 7 for the time being, going to use it for the 2 weeks until September 30th, when I'll return my Note 7. Hopefully, I'll get a safe Note 7 and return my iPhone 7 all in the same day!

Status
Not open for further replies.