I'm spoiled now

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
So here is the issue I've had the note 2 4 and now 7. Alot of other phones in between however I have always compared them to the 4. Here Is the issue I have no back up phone and sprint is saying just hold of to it till the note 7s come back in. I have looked at every other phone out on sprint and blah I can't justify saving 100$ on a 6 month old s7 due to i love the s pen on phablets so I start looking at pre owned phones note 5 still priced up there note 4 can't justify 300 for it etc I've found a note 3 for 120 in great shape but then it's what 3 4 years old so what to do save money and get a used device to hold out on what's next if that's the case could have kept my g4 or just wait and wait and wait...

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you. I actually love the note line because I take a lot of notes at work and the s pen comes in handy. I even have a surface pro 4 because of how much I love the handwritten to text input. I've had the note 3, 4, 5, and now 7. I've been thinking about returning the phone but I don't know what i would switch to. I was never a fan of the S7 line because I would rather have the s pen. And usually I do switch back and forth between android and iPhone, however the iPhone 7 hasn't even tempted me to pre-order and stick with that because I am loving the note 7 features. I didn't think I'd like the edge too much but I've been putting it to good use. I have my Google maps shortcuts for work and home set up, favorite apps, etc which has made me a bit more efficient when using the phone. And I'm loving the upgraded s pen although I do miss action memo. I'm worried about resale value but I can't seem to choose another phone that I'll be just as happy with. So I'm just waiting for best buy to get in their replacements so I can swap mines out.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
So here is the issue I've had the note 2 4 and now 7. Alot of other phones in between however I have always compared them to the 4. Here Is the issue I have no back up phone and sprint is saying just hold of to it till the note 7s come back in. I have looked at every other phone out on sprint and blah I can't justify saving 100$ on a 6 month old s7 due to i love the s pen on phablets so I start looking at pre owned phones note 5 still priced up there note 4 can't justify 300 for it etc I've found a note 3 for 120 in great shape but then it's what 3 4 years old so what to do save money and get a used device to hold out on what's next if that's the case could have kept my g4 or just wait and wait and wait...

Yeah I was lucky, I keep alot of old phones around the house so when I powered down my note 7 I just activated an old Galaxy mega 6.3 (big phone, but slow mediocre performance) to hold me over.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I went to best buy to check out the s7 edge.

I'm over it at this point. Going to just use my old phone and move on with life.

No other phone fits the bill at the moment. Even when the Note 7 comes back in stock I'd want it to be unlocked.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I went to best buy to check out the s7 edge.

I'm over it at this point. Going to just use my old phone and move on with life.

No other phone fits the bill at the moment. Even when the Note 7 comes back in stock I'd want it to be unlocked.

Call me dumb if you want to lol. But unlocked means you can take it to any carrier right? And is it more expensive than a locked phone?

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Call me dumb if you want to lol. But unlocked means you can take it to any carrier right? And is it more expensive than a locked phone?
Yeah you can take it to any carrier, and there's no carrier bloatware on it.

It is not more expensive, just have to buy the phone outright instead of paying for it every month through the carrier. I usually buy my phones unlocked and outright without any carrier nonsense, but the Note 7 made me break that rule.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yeah you can take it to any carrier, and there's no carrier bloatware on it.

It is not more expensive, just have to buy the phone outright instead of paying for it every month through the carrier. I usually buy my phones unlocked and outright without any carrier nonsense, but the Note 7 made me break that rule.

Awesome. Thanks. I'm going to do that one day most likely.

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I am lucky that I still have my Note 4.

Ditto. Mine is still going strong and that's what I'm using again. My only complaint on the N4 was GPS, and moving to the N7 solved that. Now it's touch and go in my area again. Either way... Glad I kept it. Shoot, I still have my OG Note and all between. Lol

Cappaccinodagreat

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Spoiled here too. Im not one of those guys that switches phones every 6 months to a year. I dont have money to burn like that. My active phone before buying the Note 7 was a Note 3!! Given the 2 year payment plan, the Note 5 was the first one I considered, but I didnt like not having an SD slot, so I waited until now.

Going back to my Note 3 is going to be tough, but I think it must be done. I've been still using my N7 up til now. I call myself being "careful". Odds are against your phone blowing up or catching fire before replacements are available. But at this point, screw it. I think I am powering down and waiting. I will get a new N7 if available before Sept. 30 deadline. If not, returning mine and lets hope the Note 3 lasts yet another year.

Minus the battery issues, this phone has everything I want. Too bad such a great phone is marred with this issue. It will always be known for having defective batteries, no matter what.

avalvo

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm using mine full bore. Charge when I need to, fast charging, wireless, in The car, no problem. Nice battery life, does not get hot, etc. At this point, I'm hoping that the price craters and I will keep my existing and get a new N7, as a back up.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm using mine full bore. Charge when I need to, fast charging, wireless, in The car, no problem. Nice battery life, does not get hot, etc. At this point, I'm hoping that the price craters and I will keep my existing and get a new N7, as a back up.

Bet that lady visiting her kid in the hospital felt the same way...

xsikal

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I don't have the Note 7, but I'm otherwise in the same boat as the OP. My contract expires next week, and my intention was to buy the Note 7. With all that's happened, I've been looking at the other new phones offered (including what's known of the Pixel), and none of it appeals (I can't stand the visual designs of the V20 or the renders of the Pixel/PixelXL). Looked at the S7 and S7Edge because at least the design language is the same there, but it would feel like a step backwards to go smaller, pen-less, and with an older version of the UI/UX.

At this point, I may not upgrade at all for another generation.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Why would she? It wasn't a Note 7. The news story was updated.Samsung Phone Blows Up in Brooklyn Kid's Hand, Grandpa Says | NBC New York
Hmm... Always two sides to every story... The phone in question didn't even have a lithium battery.
Spoiled here too. Im not one of those guys that switches phones every 6 months to a year. I dont have money to burn like that. My active phone before buying the Note 7 was a Note 3!! Given the 2 year payment plan, the Note 5 was the first one I considered, but I didnt like not having an SD slot, so I waited until now.

Going back to my Note 3 is going to be tough, but I think it must be done. I've been still using my N7 up til now. I call myself being "careful". Odds are against your phone blowing up or catching fire before replacements are available. But at this point, screw it. I think I am powering down and waiting. I will get a new N7 if available before Sept. 30 deadline. If not, returning mine and lets hope the Note 3 lasts yet another year.

Minus the battery issues, this phone has everything I want. Too bad such a great phone is marred with this issue. It will always be known for having defective batteries, no matter what.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I can't live without the S-pen and better camera. Returning this 6s Plus to AT&T later today and going back to my Note 5 or Note 3 until Note 7 fiasco is fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch