Note 7 Owners club

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
It does not say you have to turn the phone in, just says to power it down. She can keep it till she exchanges it for the new note 7. She probably shouldn't be using it, but I understand how hard it is to put it down.

Just like I said yesterday.
I was at the at&t store asking if they had any new note replacements in.
He said I can tell you your options.
Said I already know them.And no you can't have my note.
He pulled his note out and several other people did.
And said were keeping ours till a replacement comes in also.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Just like I said yesterday.
I was at the at&t store asking if they had any new note replacements in.
He said I can tell you your options.
Said I already know them.And no you can't have my note.
He pulled his note out and several other people did.
And said were keeping ours till a replacement comes in also.
I'm right there with you guys, love this phone. This note 7 has never gotten as hot as my note 5 has.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I understood it to say Samsung would remotely lock the devices the 30th . I'm using mine until then. Hopefully it won't come to that. My note is perfect. No issues at all. If anything its faster every day. Barely gets warm when charging . I own it! I'd rather watch it charge with a water hose in one hand in the middle of the night than turn it in it!! I DO get the safety factor. So I'll charge it safely and patiently wait for my new note. Other than that, LEAVE Me AND MY NOTE ALONE!

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
If it helps any, if u bought it through a carrier, go back and talk to the manager. Then call often so he doesn't forget who u are . I pleaded with mine to put aside my color when they finally arrive and call me. I'd come racing in. I call him every 2 days . He actually put a post it note on his desk so when they finally do arrive , the sales people should put mine aside for me if he wasn't in that day, and hed call me. So stay in close touch with the manager if that's your situation. And hope they make it in before the 30th.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone seen an actual press release from Samsung about turning the phones off on 9/30? No. Because there isn't one. All of this fear mongering is from somebody on Reddit who said Samsung called him/her personally. Funny how no one else has gotten that personal phone call. I call bull****. They'd be in a lot more trouble cutting off people's lifeline (I live in the boonies and no other access to 911 except my Note 7). I shouldn't have to go out and buy another damn phone just in case I have an emergency. So no, I don't think the phones would be cut off on 9/30, they don't want any more bad publicity.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I hope you're right. I get recall alerts sent to my inbox as they happen. And yes, I agree. if they were to remotely disable the note that would be disastrous.

speekna

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I did the same.

FWIW I got the Note 7 to replace a Note 4 that went through the wash in the pocket of my jeans! Wish I could get another Note 4 because: a. Replaceable battery - I know it adds weight, but SO convenient, b. S-pen; although the Note 4 Spen features - especially how you can write within an application like email - I much prefer over the 7, and c. Expandable memory.

The Note 7 takes care of most of that - except the battery. But what I really don't like is the "edge" thing. I much prefer just a flat screen. Using the S7edge yesterday I was writing an email in portrait orientation and tried to hit the "p" key which is on the far right side - couldn't do it. I had to rotate the phone to landscape before the "p" would register.

RE accessories - most sources (e.g. Amazon) note that screen protectors are incompatible with cases! If you apply a screen protector, the case lifts the corners of the protector. Haven't tried it yet -- but I suspect it's due to the edge "feature".

Still, I'm anxious to get the 7.1 version of the Note 7.

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded Phone INFO from the google play store. App has a lot of info on it, even a refurb check. I'll be installing it on my replacement just to check that.

Mine is 2016/08/09

Made in China
Recieved on Aug 19th.

Keeping mine until I get more info on the recall.
Took my SD card out this morning and backing up on a regular basis.
Fortunately I did not have enough time to dump much to the SD card so it isn't a real set back to not have it in the phone.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sams...alaxy-Note-7-units-after-September-30_id85296

Since Samsung and the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recently issued a joint statement in which they urge all Galaxy Note 7 users to power down their devices and immediately exchange them as a result of battery cell issues.

But what if you don't want to exchange your newly acquired Samsung Galaxy Note 7 for various reasons? Well, apparently you won't be able to use it for too long since the South Korean company plans to deactivate all faulty units after September 30.

According to Reddit user LimboJr, he was told by a Samsung rep that every recalled phone will be remotely deactivated after the end of September. This means that customers who bought the Galaxy Note 7 won't have other choice than to follow the procedure Samsung has put in place in countries where its phablet is available for purchase.

So, if you own the Galaxy Note 7 and think that you don't really need to take advantage of the exchange program, then you might want to reconsider since Samsung might deactivate it after September 30.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I will continue to use my blue note7.no issues and never gets warm.i do not leave on charger overnoc.otherwise I use as normal.nobody is taking my note7 till I have a new one on hand.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
😠😠😠😠😠! I spent so much time setting mine up... I just took screen shots of the home screens and edge panels. Make things a little quicker if /when they know what they're doing. Samsung had it moving quickly. It should have been in our hands this wk or next. Maybe it still will . I'm hoping. But getting more frustrated the more I read. I think I'll stop reading.!

kayjbee

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sams...alaxy-Note-7-units-after-September-30_id85296

Since Samsung and the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recently issued a joint statement in which they urge all Galaxy Note 7 users to power down their devices and immediately exchange them as a result of battery cell issues.

But what if you don't want to exchange your newly acquired Samsung Galaxy Note 7 for various reasons? Well, apparently you won't be able to use it for too long since the South Korean company plans to deactivate all faulty units after September 30.

According to Reddit user LimboJr, he was told by a Samsung rep that every recalled phone will be remotely deactivated after the end of September. This means that customers who bought the Galaxy Note 7 won't have other choice than to follow the procedure Samsung has put in place in countries where its phablet is available for purchase.

So, if you own the Galaxy Note 7 and think that you don't really need to take advantage of the exchange program, then you might want to reconsider since Samsung might deactivate it after September 30.
I'll believe this only when an official statement directly from Samsung comes out

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
This Samsung phone cutoff is garbage. Samsung doesn't have access to every providers towers to do that. Is it possible that it could be requested that any outstanding phone be "hotline" to call centers for replacement? Of course but not without a warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87