Note 7 Owners club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Guys those of us that still have our Note 7's. This morning I looked at my phone and there is an update. I am not doing the update. Handing in my Note7 tomorrow for the replacement. Any one got an update and know what it is?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Guys those of us that still have our Note 7's. This morning I looked at my phone and there is an update. I am not doing the update. Handing in my Note7 tomorrow for the replacement. Any one got an update and know what it is?

It might be the update that Limits battery to 60% max charge for your safety.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Okay a friend of mine did the update on the recalled Note 7. This is what she says happened so far:

" I did the update.... of course our battery icons are still white and now there is a pop up each time we plug in the charger to stop using and power off the device..."

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Okay a friend of mine did the update on the recalled Note 7. This is what she says happened so far:

" I did the update.... of course our battery icons are still white and now there is a pop up each time we plug in the charger to stop using and power off the device..."
No surprise there

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I am starting to get the feeling that there is only going to be a small number of us who end up owning the Note 7 when this is all said and done. On one hand this may be good for us at first, might be able to get some cheap note7 accessories, but later they may become scarce.

I have committed to the note 7 for at least the next 2 years, just need the swap to happen so I can settle into using my new phone daily.

So who else is looking forward to being one of the few?

Definitely looking forward to it. The sooner they get them to the people who already own them the faster they'll rebound from this mess. In 15mins I'm calling Verizon again. Hoping they're in the store today so I can get mine before tomorrow. If they're supposedly there for the swap starting tomorrow they have to be in the store today!??!

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Definitely looking forward to it. The sooner they get them to the people who already own them the faster they'll rebound from this mess. In 15mins I'm calling Verizon again. Hoping they're in the store today so I can get mine before tomorrow. If they're supposedly there for the swap starting tomorrow they have to be in the store today!??!

Over on the Verizon thread there was at least on person who was able to get their replacement shipped out today. I have called twice this morning but no joy.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
We should make a tshirt lol

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've got a note 5 loaner so will see how my local store handles. No cost for exchange would be very welcomed

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm so ready to put all this behind us and just enjoy (again) the NOTE 7 experience
...awoke to the same 94% battery remaining this morning so battery life appears to be consistent with the originals. I will keep an eye on it over the next few days and see how it goes and update the group! All I can say right now is "Sahweeeeet"!

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I kept my note 4, there was just a small amt. left to buy it out and keep it . And. Pre ordered & bought the 7. I've been using both but the note 4 I can't call or text. So I've been using pretty much only the 7. Getting so frustrated at this point. They better be ready for replacement tomorrow. Verizon store was to busy to talk when I baked. Just said it hasn't come in yet. Guess I'll be going that'd myself Lahey in today. I've ALMOST had enough. And if takes a lot for me to get to the point of saying enough to almost anything..

kayjbee

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I kept my note 4, there was just a small amt. left to buy it out and keep it . And. Pre ordered & bought the 7. I've been using both but the note 4 I can't call or text. So I've been using pretty much only the 7. Getting so frustrated at this point. They better be ready for replacement tomorrow. Verizon store was to busy to talk when I baked. Just said it hasn't come in yet. Guess I'll be going that'd myself Lahey in today. I've ALMOST had enough. And if takes a lot for me to get to the point of saying enough to almost anything..
Verizon in CA says they will have them Wednesday

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Verizon in CA says they will have them Wednesday

Just spoke to Verizon. Yes, they'll first get them in tomorrow. And, this is something i didn't know... Anyone can go online now and buy one now . What's wrong with this picture?? I pre ordered on Aug 3.! Really upset with Verizon.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Just spoke to Verizon. Yes, they'll first get them in tomorrow. And, this is something i didn't know... Anyone can go online now and buy one now . What's wrong with this picture?? I pre ordered on Aug 3.! Really upset with Verizon.
It's happening with Sprint too. The advanced tech team that I spoke with today were not happy about the selling of new phones before the exchanges were completed.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Really makes me mad. I don't want to put any more energy into this than i already have or id look it up to find out what they're selling them for. I hope the same as ours . I guess They'd have to or they'd have a riot on their hands.

kayjbee

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
That is shocking to me. I'm pretty sure AT&T won't be selling new one's for a couple weeks and right now just handling replacements.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

Same thing with mine. Did it this morning . Now the notice comes up every time I put it in the wireless charger. Just a pesky reminder, - if they got the phones out quicker like they should have they wouldn't need to remind anyone of anything!

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I found out if you pre orders for New Note 7. That is if you never had the recalled Note 7. You will not receive it until October.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
2 Verizon reps told me today anyone can go online and get a new note 7, overnight, starting tomorrow. No waiting until Oct. add they stayed previously . Anyone who wants one. No worrying until those who have their replacements have gotten them.

Status
Not open for further replies.