Note 7 Owners club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arlene O

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
So I have my new replaced Note 7 (wish I love), but I noticed that on the "Always On Display" you can't not longer download your own personal image. 🤔

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
So I have my new replaced Note 7 (wish I love), but I noticed that on the "Always On Display" you can't not longer download your own personal image. 🤔
You have to update your AOD first. Go to Settings / Display / Always On Display / About Always On Display. Then click on update. After the update go to Clock layouts and the last clock lets you select your own image.

Arlene O

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
You have to update your AOD first. Go to Settings / Display / Always On Display / About Always On Display. Then click on update. After the update go to Clock layouts and the last clock lets you select your own image.

Thank you so much!!!! 👌
Now I'm happy happy happy 😀

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm struggling at this point. I love my Note 7 but disappointed that the S Pen lost features that worked before. And ALL this battery talk, I believe, is detracting from other things that need to be focused on. Like bringing BACK the S Pen features that were lost (action notes). I know I can download S Notes, and I have...but I want this to work as ONE darn application.

But what I'm frustrated the most by is the unknown...I'm worried that the "stigma" is now there and will never go away with Note 7 ownership. I don't care what people think about me...but I DO care if people freak out because they think I'm putting them at risk of catching on fire, or I get pulled over in an airport line for further inspection because of my phone. I just want to use my darn phone and love it and enjoy it and see it evolve to what it CAN be. But I'm afraid all this battery stuff may have just brought all of it to a screeching halt. I don't think it will be taken off the market (god I hope not)...but I do feel I might have to spend my entire relationship with it defending it.

I vacillate between being annoyed/frustrated and being disappointed...yet still loving my device. I KNOW this thing is just a phone but darn I feel I'm on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWu6OThkq14

ETA: At this point I definitely want an exchange. I've been eyeballing the Moto Z and Z Force but they just don't do it for me like the Note 7 does. I don't want to settle. And I feel like I would be. Verizon gimps devices so I think the Pixels will be a no go for me on VZW. I think I'll be too annoyed at what they take away from me and then further annoyed by what they junk them up with to "enjoy" either of them.
I'm surprised so few complaints about speaker. Notifications made me cringe.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
can anyone help me here. Not sure if I need to do something. I haven't received an email from Samsung regarding 25% or $50 off accessories or whatever it is. They usually send one out and I usually purchase a few. Any ideas on this?

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Question for everyone, has anyone else been getting notifications from Samsung Plus about weak charging being detected? I get this every couple of days. I've tried turning off a bunch of apps and I'm using the Samsung fast charger so I'm not sure what's going on....

xsikal

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Question for everyone, has anyone else been getting notifications from Samsung Plus about weak charging being detected? I get this every couple of days. I've tried turning off a bunch of apps and I'm using the Samsung fast charger so I'm not sure what's going on....

None here, myself.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
None here, myself.

I haven't gotten that one but I was just notified that's it's been a week since I restarted my phone.& should restart. I know u can set it to do that automatically but I like doing it myself. Maybe your notification was specific to your phone like mine was. It's almost like there are tiny aliens living in my phone . It lets me know things I need to do if i haven't already done them! Maybe look in Samsung +. You can find a lot of answers there.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

I think you need to try changing cords and/or power brick. Those are relatively cheap to "fix"...but if it's the phone then you could have a bigger issue. It's possible you just have a bad charger. Do you have another you can swap out with for a few days?

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I haven't gotten that one but I was just notified that's it's been a week since I restarted my phone.& should restart. I know u can set it to do that automatically but I like doing it myself. Maybe your notification was specific to your phone like mine was. It's almost like there are tiny aliens living in my phone . It lets me know things I need to do if i haven't already done them! Maybe look in Samsung +. You can find a lot of answers there.
Lol ya I did, it said it had to do with either too many battery intensive apps so I've been putting apps to sleep but that doesn't seem to help so a reset will probably fix it as long as I don't restore using my old Note 7 backup files.

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I think you need to try changing cords and/or power brick. Those are relatively cheap to "fix"...but if it's the phone then you could have a bigger issue. It's possible you just have a bad charger. Do you have another you can swap out with for a few days?
Yes but I'm using the one that came with the phone 😔. Luckily I have like 10 of them all official Samsung chargers haha 😁.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Lol ya I did, it said it had to do with either too many battery intensive apps so I've been putting apps to sleep but that doesn't seem to help so a reset will probably fix it as long as I don't restore using my old Note 7 backup files.

Yes. This. I set it up as a new phone and downloaded what I needed then slapped my SD card in and am easily getting 2 more hours than I did when I did Smart Switch on my other two Note 7's.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
A Question. I know it's ridiculous but - when I got my new note bc of the problems finding a screen protector I told the guy at Verizon to leave on the plastic proctor it was shipped with . I still haven't gotten a protector but want this ~thing ~off the phone. I can't get it off! And don't want to scratch my phone in the process. I've tried relentlessly to get it off, it's as stubborn as I am... Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
A Question. I know it's ridiculous but - when I got my new note bc of the problems finding a screen protector I told the guy at Verizon to leave on the plastic proctor it was shipped with . I still haven't gotten a protector but want this ~thing ~off the phone. I can't get it off! And don't want to scratch my phone in the process. I've tried relentlessly to get it off, it's as stubborn as I am... Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I'm still cruising with the factory protector as well. Alcohol swabs are your friend. Or warm it up with a hair dryer, and I mean warm, not blazing surface of the sun, and peel it gently. I haven't tried to take it off, but I've taken off quite a few Slick Wraps. Heat or alcohol swabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez