UK user receives replacement Note7

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the manufacture date means much (I could be wrong), but some units were made with Chinese batteries, which were OK. Other devices only need to have the battery replaced, which probably wouldn't change the manufacture date.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps samsung have managed now to identify the offending batches and can determine via serial numbers which ones are safe. That could mean that certain carriers are holding 'good ones'.

Unlikely but poss.

Still, it won't do much for s/h values or consumer confidence unless they release an accessible database anyone can check and that includes new customers.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps samsung have managed now to identify the offending batches and can determine via serial numbers which ones are safe. That could mean that certain carriers are holding 'good ones'.

Unlikely but poss.

Still, it won't do much for s/h values or consumer confidence unless they release an accessible database anyone can check and that includes new customers.
That's a possibility. I mean they were gonna release a emei checker. So I would assume they know what batch it is. But who knows beside our little forum world what's actually gonna happen.