10-09-2016 10:09 AM
231 1234 ...
tools
    perhaps categorize it under "things that are better with your replacement", since I don't know how many there may be..but, my signal seems to be improved with this latest (ATT) N7.
    09-20-2016 12:07 PM
    My notifications & missed calls are not showing up on the Always On screen unless I set up a secure screen and then enable notifications. On my first Note 7, the messages & calls showed up by default without needing the screen to be locked with a pin number and iris and/or fingerprint.
    09-20-2016 02:18 PM
    No issues with my original Note purchased on release day and none whatsoever thus far with the replacement yay
    rushmore and Todd Anthony1 like this.
    09-20-2016 02:23 PM
    What problem did you have with your original N7 that seems, so far, not a problem with your replacement?
    On several occasions my original N7 seemed to lose connection to the cellular network overnight. People trying to call me the following morning would not get through until I rebooted the phone. So far so good on the replacement.
    09-20-2016 02:55 PM
    I'm sure there will be another excuse, this is Verizon.
    Even though this recall is not Verizon's fault they have handled this recall worse then any of the 4 major carriers. My friends have Note 7's on AT&T and as soon as Samsung announced the recall on September 2nd my friends were able to trade in their defective Notes for loaner phones and we're given S7's.

They also were issued a refund for their screen protectors & given a $25 bill credit. Tomorrow they are picking up their new Note 7's.
    dorlisa likes this.
    09-20-2016 03:31 PM
    Well my new Note 7 did get really hot when I was restoring the phone and using it. However after the first charge it cooled down and just got warm. Not sure if this is normal or not. I know my first Note 7 did the same thing when using it for the first time.
    09-20-2016 03:47 PM
    Verizon is doing them online today. Though it seems to vary in terms of replacing--how they are handling the old phone. But they are available.
    09-20-2016 03:56 PM
    My S pen is not as easy to remove. It gets lightly hooked up on something. Not a big deal however.

On another note...I used to have a toggle for fast charging. I can no longer find it. It used to be in advanced features. As anyone located it?
    09-20-2016 04:20 PM
    My S pen is not as easy to remove. It gets lightly hooked up on something. Not a big deal however.

On another note...I used to have a toggle for fast charging. I can no longer find it. It used to be in advanced features. As anyone located it?
    Some of the S Pens have issues. Did you send your recalled Note back yet? If you still have it, switch out the S Pen.
    09-20-2016 04:28 PM
    Some of the S Pens have issues. Did you send your recalled Note back yet? If you still have it, switch out the S Pen.
    Switched them out and its the same.
    09-20-2016 04:37 PM
    My replacement works way better then my "faulty one". The first one wouldnt recognize a long press on the screen. I had to use my thumb and press hard. This time around no issues with it.
    09-20-2016 04:42 PM
    Us verizon users will let you know when they actually start to replace them. No commission on the replacements, so getting the pass around. Tomorrow is the 21st, wonder if they will actually start the replacements or have a new excuse
    I'm very frustrated with Verizon. Different answers everytime I call to see if replacements are in. The last rep I spoke with at the store I got my original note 7 told me they wouldn't get the replacements til after Sept. 30. I then asked how that would work since we were only given until the 30th to replace them. She laughed and said that was a good question and she had no idea!
    Are you happy with your replacement N7? Obviously it has a safer battery, but are you noticing anything else that is better or worse than what you had with your original N7?

For example, if you had lagging issues before, is that now lessened? With the new battery, has your screen on time improved?
    09-20-2016 04:43 PM
    I'm very frustrated with Verizon. Different answers everytime I call to see if replacements are in. The last rep I spoke with at the store I got my original note 7 told me they wouldn't get the replacements til after Sept. 30. I then asked how that would work since we were only given until the 30th to replace them. She laughed and said that was a good question and she had no idea!
    Maybe call the 800 number and have them check when the store you want to go to will have them.
    09-20-2016 04:54 PM
    Switched them out and its the same.
    Well that is not good. Maybe you need to swap that one back out before the 14 days are up because I don't imagine the situation with the S Pen is not going to get an better as time goes on.
    09-20-2016 04:56 PM
    I never had any lag issues with my old one, hope the new one is just as good.
    09-20-2016 05:09 PM
    I setup a pattern for my security...when my phone is re-booted, it now asks for the pattern, takes about 10 seconds to boot (there is a lock logo is on the screen) and then is ready for use....I don't remember it doing that on the launch day Note 7's
    09-20-2016 05:25 PM
    Even though this recall is not Verizon's fault they have handled this recall worse then any of the 4 major carriers. My friends have Note 7's on AT&T and as soon as Samsung announced the recall on September 2nd my friends were able to trade in their defective Notes for loaner phones and we're given S7's.

They also were issued a refund for their screen protectors & given a $25 bill credit. Tomorrow they are picking up their new Note 7's.
    People with T-mobile may beg to differ.
    They've been all over the place this week in regards to how to handle the replacements.
    09-20-2016 05:31 PM
    Got mine after work today. Had to settle for blue cuz that's all they sent my store. Setting everything the way I like right now.
    Killahhops likes this.
    09-20-2016 05:35 PM
    My New Note 7 actually feels slightly faster, besides that it yields the exact same experience as the last. No complaints, extremely happy!
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-20-2016 05:55 PM
    Got mine after work today. Had to settle for blue cuz that's all they sent my store. Setting everything the way I like right now.
    I'm about to get a blue one because the woman before me decided that she wanted to keep the S7 loaner. I had the black originally but I will settle for the blue one to get this process over with.

Spoke too soon. They wouldn't let me get her phone even though she didn't want it. Stated that I had to wait until my name appeared in the cue. I am beyond frustrated with Best Buy... I will never purchase anything from them every again.
    09-20-2016 06:03 PM
    Does anyone else have an issue with their new device where the screen at max brightness is considerably dimmer than their old model ? I turned off auto brightness and cranked it up to max and it still looks about the same as my Nexus 6p, where it used to be much brighter.it also continues to auto dim everyone once in a while even though auto brightness is turned off.

I also get a message now when cranking up to max brightness that due to overheating you cannot raise the brightness any higher. Never had this message on a Samsung phone before. On a similar note, when changing the screen mode between ambled cinema and ambled photo, there is virtual no difference. Whereas as my tab s2 for example, there is a considerable difference between the two modes.
    09-20-2016 07:28 PM
    This is something I am worried about.

I got my replacement yesterday. I let it restore from a backup, via samsung cloud, and I noticed that it is a little laggy as compared to my original Note7. I am considering wiping it before I set it up with my other email addresses and Samsung Pay again. And just go back to setting things up manually.

Can anyone say that this method would make any kind of difference?
    Instead of restoring mine I followed this approach (FDR - manual download and reinstall).

Overall mine seems as smooth if not a little smoother than what i remember.

Coming from the s7e - it's a little laggy in a few apps but overall is performing very well.

The most noticeable improvement I've had is the battery life (6+ hours SOT). My old N7 was lucky to get 4.5.

But I'm convinced that I had a bad battery (lost complete charge twice).
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-20-2016 07:35 PM
    What problem did you have with your original N7 that seems, so far, not a problem with your replacement?
    My first unit encountered miss taps, meaning a lot of my swipes and tapping are not registered. So most of the time I have to swipe two times to move the screen, and I will have many missing characters when i type out a message, really frustrating to use. Even a factory reset don't solve it completely, although it improved a little.

As this issue only came after a few weeks, I don't really dare to say my current unit is definitely ok, though it seems perfect for now. Also, many people in my country has the bootloop issue which can also occur after a few weeks.
    09-20-2016 07:47 PM
    Replacement seems fine. A little green battery gauge though as a constant reminder of the issue.

My guess is if the little green gauge is their way to differentiate and part of the CPSC campaign for containment, identification and resolution, they might lock the device down hard from being rooted. Hard to be truly root free, but betting Samsung goes the extra mile trying.
    09-20-2016 07:50 PM

I'm on Verizon and received a loaner S7. Actually I had a choice of whatever phone I wanted but chose the S7 in order to get a free Gear VR. Your store was clueless...should have went to another one.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-20-2016 07:50 PM
231 1234 ...