Any new problems now with your replacement that you didn't have before?

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
9.7/2016 China..
The same color
The speeds are even slower in Geek Bench then the other 4 phones I had.
The phone still gets hot, but that is with most phones.
The issues that were on the other 4 still exist. The LAG is still there and very predominant. The reception still sucks, my friends new S7 Edge gets 4 bars where I get 1. (SAME provider). And the damn notification sound "loop" that keeps repeating it self still happens intermittently. Crashing seems to have subsided on the new one, but will see how long that lasts.

Not rooted:
Been mater reset before I put anything on it:
Just put memory card in and brought apps over (the issues were happening before I loaded anything on it)

Sigh.. No bueno..

Also, not sure if it means anything but 1. I had the black square and "V2" on mine, no big S dot on mine.
I don't get a green battery (but maybe that is just for the updated old ones)
And I am on TMO..
Make sure you use the new SIM card that came with device...do a factory reset and avoid setting up with smart switch or samsung cloud

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
My first GN7 I had replaced because of the edge panels not responding to touch... If it seems to get worse over the next week or so, (like mine did), I would get it replaced. The one I have now is SO perfect (aside from all the exploding stuff, of course...) I hate to have to go with a 3rd one...

Thanks for the heads up! How did you handle the original return for that issue?

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I setup a pattern for my security...when my phone is re-booted, it now asks for the pattern, takes about 10 seconds to boot (there is a lock logo is on the screen) and then is ready for use....I don't remember it doing that on the launch day Note 7's

Turn off encryption. I had the same thing on my Active.
I cant find where to turn it off on the N7.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
What I'm doing is transferring my stuff from my current note 7 to the new one via smart switch while I'm at the verizon store tomorrow.

T-Mobile wouldn't allow that. The government agency that got in on the recall told them, "all recalled phones must be powered off at all times in the store"! They said they can't transfer your stuff and you can't have the old phone on to do it yourself. Has to be from a backup source.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
There seems to be a slight cosmetic defect with my replacement Note 7. It's very difficult to see in photos so I'll just try to describe it.

The top-left and bottom-right corners seem to have a thin, faint layer of gold paint where the blue coral glass meets the gold metal. It's only showing up on the opposite corners mentioned, so I'm not sure if all the replacements in that color have this (i.e. by design) or if it's a defect. I bet many wouldn't even notice it, but I could swear it wasn't the case with my original (recalled) blue Note 7.

Last edited:

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
T-Mobile wouldn't allow that. The government agency that got in on the recall told them, "all recalled phones must be powered off at all times in the store"! They said they can't transfer your stuff and you can't have the old phone on to do it yourself. Has to be from a backup source.
What? There was a guy at my Verizon store doing Smart Switch between his old and new Note7 with no issue. I factory reset mine in the store in front of them before turning it in with zero issues.

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a Sprint device and I am noticing very slow charging even when set to fast charge. Also, it doesn't vibrate when I receive text messages.

The setting is turned on.

nicemann2

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Note 7 - Verizon Message+ Notification Tone

Finally got my Note 7 swapped out. Had no issues with my "explosive" model. One thing I have noticed on this replacement is that even with my going into setting -> Sounds and vibrations -> notification sounds -> Message notifications, change that to a new tone, it still has my messages on the Message+ app the same as my emails. Really annoying. Did the same thing on the explosive one and it worked great. Been trying for 2 days now. I can't find a work around. No setting in the actual app. Guess I will have to change to a new app that has an option to change within the app. I like using the Message+ because Verizon backs them up on the app.

Anyone else having the same issue? It did the system update when I picked it up on Tuesday so it is the newest version.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 7 - Verizon Message+ Notification Tone

Finally got my Note 7 swapped out. Had no issues with my "explosive" model. One thing I have noticed on this replacement is that even with my going into setting -> Sounds and vibrations -> notification sounds -> Message notifications, change that to a new tone, it still has my messages on the Message+ app the same as my emails. Really annoying. Did the same thing on the explosive one and it worked great. Been trying for 2 days now. I can't find a work around. No setting in the actual app. Guess I will have to change to a new app that has an option to change within the app. I like using the Message+ because Verizon backs them up on the app.

Anyone else having the same issue? It did the system update when I picked it up on Tuesday so it is the newest version.

Hi ... I moved your thread to an existing similar thread.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Note 7 - Verizon Message+ Notification Tone

If you go to settings then sounds then notification sounds you will be led here where you can change all your sounds and even different sounds for each email account
cfc0e3cf9bec234f8f12b6aa75279e69.jpg

nicemann2

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Make sure you use the new SIM card that came with device...do a factory reset and avoid setting up with smart switch or samsung cloud

Out of curiosity, why the new sim? I did the master reset already which I put in my comments. As well, it was lagging before I even put anything on the phone and it's still lagging now.

Jigo

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The antenna bands are not as dark as my old one.
It doesn't show up too good in the picture, much more noticeable in person.
Not a big deal, it just doesn't blend in as good now.

New top, old bottom.

ur18n2tl.jpg

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site

That is inaccurate. I sat in the store, still using my old one on "wireless" while all my data transferred over. After it was done, I then master reset the phone and cleared all the data...