Note 7 - Battery Life (Replacement Devices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery Life has been phenomenal with the new Replacement Note 7 's

So I made a mistake thus morning when I posted. I actually have had my phone off the charger since last night around 11. Here is where I'm at now. I know it's better than my returned note but what do you all think?//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160924/01378605276b187ed7d4a8e3b12d2e1d.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160924/8884424d7349d496021f3c5cb4b4a052.jpg

Damn that's better than mine.. About what percentage is your brightness set at?

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site

I am now at 92% after taking off charger 1 hour ago. 32min of screen time with WiFi calling on. This feels way too fast to me. Am I wrong?

josh6113

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

I dunno....I'm not one to cripple my devices to get battery life. As a normal Joe, I just cant see that much SOT out of the box. Maybe if you cripple (okay, "tweak") it but I'd rather just turn it on and go. I do have auto brightness but that's about it.
Lemme guess...your a prior Apple user?....android is all about tweaking...😀

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

Guys maybe new battery is better than the old and new software update helps with better battery life..
Iam using S7 edge since april and getting very good battery life around 24 hrs plus sometimes 2 days...

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Battery Life has been phenomenal with the new Replacement Note 7 's

Battery life is great until using very long in a weak signal area. The Note 7 does not appear to have very good LTE radio reception, so has more weak signal areas than some current devices.

I wish there were a threshold that could be set to auto turn the LTE off if a certain low dBm level. You would still be able to make calls and text, but a lot less battery drain.

If in a medium to good signal area the Note 7 has great battery life. Today while out, I was reminded about Note 7 reception and battery life was not as good.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

No placebo effect here. My replacement Note 7 is faster more responsive than my first one. I got 6.5 hours of SOT yesterday. T-Mobile users got a 409MB software update that had optimizations and enhancements. Look around here at the numerous threads and posts of people saying the same things.

I'm also with tmobile and the best I can do is 5:15 of sot and about 19 hrs total.. Not
Sure how you or others squeeze more than 6:30 sot out of their phones

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Who is on their phone 6.5 hours a day? Anyways, I am not willing to leave mine off the charger all night to see how much mileage I can get on one charge.
It also depends on what you are doing with your phone as well. If you are just reading forums or web pages and you're on wifi, you will probably get a lot more SOT than someone playing games or streaming on theirs. Everyone has different usages. I know when I golf with the GPS on in a sketchy reception area, my battery is going to drain a lot quicker than sitting on my couch just replying to AC forums.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site

I'm also with tmobile and the best I can do is 5:15 of sot and about 19 hrs total.. Not
Sure how you or others squeeze more than 6:30 sot out of their phones

Best I can get is 3hours...So not sure how others are getting 4,5,6 hour of sot. I have done the same tweaks posted here. Really starting to wonder if I got a bad or subpar phone batch.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Weak signal areas will cut battery life down big time. If in a good signal area and still weak battery life, not sure what it is.

Last edited:

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Best I can get is 3hours...So not sure how others are getting 4,5,6 hour of sot. I have done the same tweaks posted here. Really starting to wonder if I got a bad or subpar phone batch.

3 hours is pretty bad. Everyone should be getting at the minimum 4 hours of SOT, if anything 5 hours. Hell even my old note 4 gets around 4 hours SOT.

bettyn100

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

3hrs 50min on battery since taking it off the charger this morning. It's at 53 percent. Is that good? It just seems like I got more use out of my old note 7. I charge overnight and have to charge again in the afternoon

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site

3 hours is pretty bad. Everyone should be getting at the minimum 4 hours of SOT, if anything 5 hours. Hell even my old note 4 gets around 4 hours SOT.

4 or 5 hours without any tweaks or disabling?

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

3hrs 50min on battery since taking it off the charger this morning. It's at 53 percent. Is that good? It just seems like I got more use out of my old note 7. I charge overnight and have to charge again in the afternoon
That's not very good at all unless that is SOT or you've been on the phone that whole time.

bettyn100

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

I was on the phone a lot of the time but not the while time. I'll do clean fdr without smartswitch and see if anything changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress