09-28-2016 11:04 AM
34 12
tools
    I went into the AT&T store today to ask what I need to make the switch from Verizon to AT&T and said I heard about the promotion with the VR or mem card. The guy said... That's over. I was All bummed until he said you get a s2 smart watch now! Yeah.... Now I'm even happier!
    09-26-2016 10:56 AM
    I went into the AT&T store today to ask what I need to make the switch from Verizon to AT&T and said I heard about the promotion with the VR or mem card. The guy said... That's over. I was All bummed until he said you get a s2 smart watch now! Yeah.... Now I'm even happier!
    um... no it's not.

Samsung Promotions
    jordans0nly likes this.
    09-26-2016 11:03 AM
    The s2 smart watch is "free" under a 2 year contact for Service which works out to almost $13/month with fees.
    09-26-2016 11:07 AM
    Wow... Really?
    09-26-2016 11:25 AM
    I wonder if there a promo like that for Sprint. As far as I know i only see the vr or mem card promo for the 2 older phone
    09-26-2016 11:25 AM
    um... no it's not.

Samsung Promotions
    The guy checked and told me the watch.
    09-26-2016 11:26 AM
    The guy checked and told me the watch.
    That maybe through AT&T then... The Gear VR/SD Card promo is the current promotion offer by Samsung, no matter where you purchase your Galaxy Device. The dates for this promotion are stated as "Valid Purchase Dates: 9/8/16-10/9/16" in the link.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    09-26-2016 12:15 PM
    That maybe through AT&T then... The Gear VR/SD Card promo is the current promotion offer by Samsung, no matter where you purchase your Galaxy Device. The dates for this promotion are stated as "Valid Purchase Dates: 9/8/16-10/9/16" in the link.
    Oh OK... Thank you. The person above started an additional $13 per month for the watch.... If that's the case.... I'll pass
    09-26-2016 12:55 PM
    I think that's just another way to keep people on contracts and make it look like there aren't any contracts. They do the same thing with the Galaxy tablets. It's free, unless you decide to leave. Then, be prepared to pay up.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-26-2016 01:24 PM
    Yes, I thought of it was just blue tooth I would be loving it. But to have to pay per month for limited functions... What's the sense? Chances are you're phone is in your pocket anyway
    09-26-2016 01:49 PM
    it is worth it - I got one after having my Apple watch - no way did I not want to continue to have a smart watch and I can leave my phone at home and still get my messages
    09-26-2016 02:06 PM
    That link indicates a Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge purchase, NOT a Note purchase. Just want to make sure everyone is clear.
    09-26-2016 02:08 PM
    it is no not limited believe me I don't make a ton of money but it is so worth it to me - I have it number synced so nobody had to learn a new number and it is awesome
    09-26-2016 02:08 PM
    These people at the AT&T store are clueless. He told me the VR and mem card deal is over for note 7 and now it is the watch.

I'm not sure if I'm prepared to spend an extra $13 a month when I can just carry my phone and it does everything and more
    09-26-2016 02:13 PM
    These people at the AT&T store are clueless. He told me the VR and mem card deal is over for note 7 and now it is the watch.

I'm not sure if I'm prepared to spend an extra $13 a month when I can just carry my phone and it does everything and more
    Samsung promo for card/VR is definitely not over. You can easily fact check for yourself by visiting Samsungpromotions.com

The watch promo is more than likely a AT&T exclusive....
    09-26-2016 02:22 PM
    OK thank you.

I guess you can't get the watch without paying the monthly fee?
    09-26-2016 02:30 PM
    That link indicates a Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge purchase, NOT a Note purchase. Just want to make sure everyone is clear.
    Yes, while the link says S7 & S7 Edge, the Note is still a Galaxy Device, and because of the recall replacement period, they cannot advertise the Note7 is included yet. When I went to pick up my replacement devices(s) the Samsung Rep told me the Note 7 [is] will be included once it goes back on sale to the general public.

I have already applied and been approved for both the SD card and the VR headset on both of my replacement Note7 devices. Just waiting on them to be shipped. As the fine print says, it could take up to 12 weeks for the items to ship. Free is Free, I am not afraid to wait it out.
    09-26-2016 02:48 PM
    Do you guys just select s7/S7E an put your note 7 Info in?
    09-26-2016 02:57 PM
    Do you guys just select s7/S7E an put your note 7 Info in?
    Select "Other"
    Joeykool likes this.
    09-26-2016 03:08 PM
    Yes, while the link says S7 & S7 Edge, the Note is still a Galaxy Device, and because of the recall replacement period, they cannot advertise the Note7 is included yet. When I went to pick up my replacement devices(s) the Samsung Rep told me the Note 7 [is] will be included once it goes back on sale to the general public.

I have already applied and been approved for both the SD card and the VR headset on both of my replacement Note7 devices. Just waiting on them to be shipped. As the fine print says, it could take up to 12 weeks for the items to ship. Free is Free, I am not afraid to wait it out.
    Thank you. I just submitted mine...had asked for the memory card the first go around and I submitted on the 19th of August...didn't get approved til about a week ago, which was quite annoying since I preordered and submitted the request at the very beginning, and others who hadn't preordered submitted and got approved immediately.

Anyway, just submitted now for the VR for the replacement device. Hopefully it goes through a little faster (and without issue)...though not sure what I'm going to actually DO with it since I seem to be one of the (few???) people that get pretty sick trying to use one. I have the VR for the Galaxy S7 and I can't spend more than 10 minutes AT MOST doing anything. I get very sweaty and nauseous. I seem to do o.k. with the "virtual theaters" though...I just can't "move" (I'm sitting in a swivel chair...so the only "moving" is in the VR, not me physically).
    09-26-2016 03:40 PM
    My local Best Buy just told me you get a 32" smart TV with an s7 purchase too!
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-27-2016 02:59 PM
    Thank you. I just submitted mine...had asked for the memory card the first go around and I submitted on the 19th of August...didn't get approved til about a week ago, which was quite annoying since I preordered and submitted the request at the very beginning, and others who hadn't preordered submitted and got approved immediately.

Anyway, just submitted now for the VR for the replacement device. Hopefully it goes through a little faster (and without issue)...though not sure what I'm going to actually DO with it since I seem to be one of the (few???) people that get pretty sick trying to use one. I have the VR for the Galaxy S7 and I can't spend more than 10 minutes AT MOST doing anything. I get very sweaty and nauseous. I seem to do o.k. with the "virtual theaters" though...I just can't "move" (I'm sitting in a swivel chair...so the only "moving" is in the VR, not me physically).
    I am getting the phone tomorrow so I need to decide what I want. Mem card or VR? I already have a 60gb mem card so I don't really need another... Even though it is a lot more.... Hmmmmmmm, decisions?
    09-27-2016 03:36 PM
    Well I went with the memory card the first go around because I have several gigs of movies...I figured I could load them onto the memory card so I'd have my collection with me, as well as call it yet another "back up" (they are already backed up via my normal methods). My music collection is minuscule compared to most but now I'll also put all of that on the memory card which will double as a back up.

The VR is tempting because it's a cool idea, but having been there/done that, I'm glad I went with the memory card (don't think the VR was even an option when I originally purchased, actually). But I'm just as glad to be getting a free one so if I feel like playing with it I can. But I spent about 10 minutes with it yesterday, and ended up quitting because it made me feel sick...then today I set up the iris scanner and it clearly states to beware if you have issues with seizures, etc. Well a couple of hours later I'm in Starbucks and something came over me. I had to sit down. I was SERIOUSLY worried because I felt dizzy and dry mouthed and nauseous...all the feelings I had that made me stop the VR yesterday. I was concerned somehow the iris scanning triggered something...and as a background I did have an issue with seizures several months ago which appear to have gone the wayside...but I'm thinking me and VR and iris scanning are not a good threesome.

If you need to submit online for your promotion you don't HAVE to do it tomorrow. I'm going to suggest you spend some time with one in the store if you can. They are, unfortunately, usually set up as demos so you are "watching" rather than interacting. When I checked out the demo back on the S7 I asked the Samsung person why it was so "artificated" (I expected 4k screen) and she said it was the demo because someone stole the real device, blah blah blah. So I expected when I used mine it would be 4k screen. Nope. Looked just as artifacted as what I saw in the store. They ARE trying to sell them...so they are going to be putting their best foot forward so to speak. If the demo (which is an actual device with pre-installed programming) doesn't wow you I'm not so sure the actual device with your own chosen content will, either.

Good luck with your decision. At the end of the day you can't really go wrong since either will be "free".
    09-27-2016 04:59 PM
    I got the 256 mem card with my initial N7 purchase. Then go the VR promo approved based off of my 'purchase' of the S7 Edge (which was actually my temp phone until the new N7 came in)

I can't wait to get it!
    09-27-2016 05:13 PM
    I purchased a Note 7 on 9/21. Based on the feedback in this thread I submitted a request for the VR headset. I hope it gets approved.
    09-27-2016 07:15 PM
34 12