Best VR experience

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
My promo VR headset should be here soon, but I have never used one. I don't even know what you use it for besides maybe games.

I figured I would try VR out since it was free.

What is the first app/program I should use to really experience VR to the fullest?

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
There's a Saturday Night Live 360 video available from the Within app. It's a cool video of the SNL40 Anniversary opening monologue. You're in the middle as Jerry Springfield calls on all the celebs sitting in the audience.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm expecting 2 VR sets soon and want to use it right away. So I used quick short cut maker to find the Oculus setup wizard on the N7 and created an account. Now I can just pop the My in the VR and roll

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm expecting 2 VR sets soon and want to use it right away. So I used quick short cut maker to find the Oculus setup wizard on the N7 and created an account. Now I can just pop the My in the VR and roll

Thank you SO much for this suggestion...what a great idea! I had the VR that came w Galaxy S7 so already had an account and some content I had "purchased" (actually free stuff but it's applied to my account so I can easily see what I had and re-download it). I'll be giving the S7 VR to my little brother so I sent him a text telling him to do exactly this since he won't get the VR til I see him at my Dad's at Thanksgiving...and my Dad has a limited data plan being in the boondocks.

So thanks. Hope we see more contributors to this thread.

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
As soon as you get the vr and put it on, you'll have access to the oculus vr home and preinstalled apps and an app store. It's easy to use with lots of content available. Netflix is available also for a big screen vr experience also.

aCubs_fan

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site

How exactly did you do this (if you don't mind sharing for a new forum member)?

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
How exactly did you do this (if you don't mind sharing for a new forum member)?
I'm not him, but install QuickShortcutMaker (all one word), open the app, then make sure the Activities tab is highlighted and at the top change incremental search to normal search, then type in Oculus…you should find a set up activity called Gear VR Setup Wizard. Create the shortcut to that, then go to your home screen (where the shortcut installs), and open it.

This will install Oculus and some other stuff, at which point you can then shop the store etc. without needing to have your VR already. It will save you the trouble of having to put your phone in the viewer only to be prompted to remove it to install the Oculus software, then put the phone back in the viewer to be prompted to do something else, etc. You can download some stuff and create/log into your account and be ready to go.

ETA: You can delete the shortcut for Gear VR Setup Wizard once you've launched it. You won't need it again.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
'

I'm not him, but install QuickShortcutMaker (all one word), open the app, then make sure the Activities tab is highlighted and at the top change incremental search to normal search, then type in Oculus…you should find a set up activity called Gear VR Setup Wizard. Create the shortcut to that, then go to your home screen (where the shortcut installs), and open it.

This will install Oculus and some other stuff, at which point you can then shop the store etc. without needing to have your VR already. It will save you the trouble of having to put your phone in the viewer only to be prompted to remove it to install the Oculus software, then put the phone back in the viewer to be prompted to do something else, etc. You can download some stuff and create/log into your account and be ready to go.
This^^^^^
Thanks French....
b147338a1307372b65dfb6b8813c93fb.jpg

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I know this is gonna make me sound like a total ***** but I cannot get mine to insert properly. It will not go on right. What the hell am i doing wrong? It shouldn't take me a GD hour to snap this thing on! I feel like it is broken or I'm a jackass. It's only snapped in properly twice. I'm gonna bang my head against a brick wall any freaking second here!

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I know this is gonna make me sound like a total ***** but I cannot get mine to insert properly. It will not go on right. What the hell am i doing wrong? It shouldn't take me a GD hour to snap this thing on! I feel like it is broken or I'm a jackass. It's only snapped in properly twice. I'm gonna bang my head against a brick wall any freaking second here!

Not to BE a Jack A$$ in response.....

• Do you have the proper USB/USB C adapter?
  • Phone still in a case?
  • Phone facing the lenses not the outside <-- I had to ask
  • Galaxy 6 or 7 Series phone?

I have the original Innovator that only worked with the Note 4. But beofre I moved on to the Note 5 and then now the Note 7. I really liked playing with the VR. The Movie theater is pretty cool. I have some movies in 3D and you can put the movie file on the SD card and the 3D looks better on the VR than it ever did in the theater or at home with the glasses. On the Innovator onthe 1st 350 Video was a helicopter tour of Iceland. I would show that to people, about 3min into the video they come to a waterfall. I had a little squirt bottle and sprayed mist on people watching to give them that 4th dimension. :)

I have the New Gear VR on order thru the Samsung promo - so nice getting it for free. Just waiting for it to get here.

New game, I am dying to try is KEEP TALKING and NOBODY EXPLODES Check the link

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well...i got out the manual again and finally figured it out. I'm gonna prove what a jackass I am but let's just say I had the right connector facing the right way but was attaching it wrong. Dumbass problem solved. Lol. Thanks for the help. I started watching American horror story hotel in the lodge. Quite fun but better wait till some other time since a 3 year old might get away from me if I'm in another world

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
New game, I am dying to try is KEEP TALKING and NOBODY EXPLODES Check the link
I'm definitely looking forward to a review of this. Specifically game length, difficulty, and most importantly re-playability! I understand from their website that there will be(or already are???) different manuals for more bombs, but I don't know how often they will add content...

ETA: Ok, from their website(http://www.keeptalkinggame.com/), it looks like it's different every time.
"A different bomb every time! Procedurally generated puzzles keep the action fresh."
I didn't want to read too much through the disarming manuals, in case I end up being the defuser, but I think there's enough variables in the directions to apply to many different configurations.

ETA 2: Bought it, tested it, seems like a great app! Great implementation of using the VR with more than one person.

Last edited:

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm kinda an art geek. That being said, I really enjoyed The Night Cafe found in the concepts portion. If you're not an art geek, you may not dig it but it was cool to me. Also, if you like scary stuff, download "sisters". Watching my 23 year old daughter scream bloody murder was hilarious!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38