Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung has canceled the note 7 entirely.

LOL, I wasn't quick enough.

SMSBackupRestore takes care of call logs now too.

Yep, I back both of them up to my Google Drive with that app. (I didn't explain that very well.)

It's a pretty sweet free app, tbh. It's one reason why I hate using iOS every so often... I lose my text messages.

vladi

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Statement from Samsung

Price is still not going down on private sales of Note 7. US model has seen a drop of maybe $100 in last day but EU version is still at its original pricing.

la9ers

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung: You are not getting the 256Gb SD card back from me

lol......... i have received over $400 of samsung gifts..... VR sets, SD cards , Gear fit and samsung pay credits ... no need to be upset.

ladybrown35

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: LG V20 or Google Pixel?

I would like a Pixel XL but I will wait for the first group of user to have it for at least one month. I did love my note 7 but I'm not ready to die for it.

clg82

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: Note7 done now what to do with Gear S2?

It was free.....now I'm on a 2 year agreement for the imbedded sim that requires the use of it's own phone number when it's not around the exploding note7...

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I picked up a g5 over the weekend for $220 to hold me over to see if there is anything else that peaks my interest. The Note 7 was a great device and checked every box for me. I don't think I will ever buy another Samsung if they stop the note line altogether. Samsung is a huge company but this is a big blow that could take years to fully recover from.

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Back to Note 3 or 4? Chances of fixing this whole issue and launching Note 8 with S8?

Wife has note 5....memory already filled. I skipped it because there was no expandable memory.

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Back to Note 3 or 4? Chances of fixing this whole issue and launching Note 8 with S8?

S-pen, S-pen, S-pen. Use it everyday.

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

For sellers it's much much much better than Ebay. I still buy off both, but only sale my phones on Swappa now.

Just out of curiosity I checked on Swappa, and it doesn't look like they're going to let people sell them on there at this point.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: What would you replace your Note 7 with?

Thought maybe I'd jump android and go apple. Just watched an iPhone 7 video review, all I can say is..... NO WAY WOULD I WANT THAT PHONE! I didn't even finish the video and I knew I would never buy an iPhone. Not for me.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I just realized that the Gear VR I had coming for my Note 7 is backwards compatible to older Note devices so I should be able to use it on my Note 5. That softens the blow a little.... just a little....

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

I think I might be in the same boat. I just got rid of my Galaxy S7 and I will be HIGHLY upset if I have to buy another one...so I think I'm going to suck it up and take two steps back. Gosh I just keep getting more and more frustrated by all this....

I also sold my S7 Edge (for a lot less than I paid for it) when I got the Note 7. So if I buy a new S7 Edge with the refund, I am out a lot of money, and back to the same phone I had.

vasic

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

For the core Samsung fans, this will end up being extremely beneficial, assuming Samsung Electronics is able to weather the massive sales numbers drop over the coming year or two.

First, the future Samsung models will be meticulously tested and carefully rolled out (so they don't go through the same thing again). More importantly, they will have to be significantly cheaper than before (and than the competition), in order to convince ordinary people who now know, from the news they read, that Samsung phones explode.

This debacle will inflict long-term damage to the Samsung mobile brand. When you tell an ordinary person "Samsung Note 7", all they hear is "Samsung". For them, simple reasoning will be, when there are HTC, LG, Motorola (and, of course, Apple), why take a chance with Samsung when they explode?

Airport security staff will be trained to quickly identify Samsung Note 7 phones, in order to prevent people who choose to keep their Note 7 from boarding. It is quite possible that in that screening process, there will be plenty of "false positives" (when the screening agent flags another Samsung phone), causing possible argument, or even altercation with an innocent Samsung phone owner.

The brand is now seriously tainted, well beyond Note 7. And it will take years to repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.