10-12-2016 09:27 AM
1,439 ... 5152535455 ...
tools
    Here's one from Honolulu. Happened on Sunday. Don't know if anyone already posted it as I haven't read all the threads in the forum.
    10-12-2016 06:04 AM
    I always wondered why the display phones in the stores never caught fire. I mean theres a phone sitting there all day on a charger with the screen on and nothing happens. I dont think I remember seeing any stories about it happening.
    10-12-2016 06:06 AM
    10-12-2016 06:13 AM
    So I don't have a backup and need to get by until the S8 / possible N8 if there is one.

Has anyone had the S5 and is it something that can get me through 6 - 12 months based on what Samsung does next year for phones?

Don't wamt to waste my upgrade on the S7E if something is just around thr corner
    Won't be buying another Samsung device in the near future.

It takes a special kind of incompetence to issue a global recall, supposedly fix the issue and not adequately test that the issue has indeed been solved. Heck just the stakes alone should've made a second screw up almost impossible, but it seems they have some very careless test engineers.
    From what I've read, they did fix the issue, by using a different battery provider that didn't have the issue. The problem was the new battery provider had a new issue. And due to the fact that the issues are very hard to find, it was easy for it to pass QA tests. They seem to have got really unlucky, exacerbated by rushing the new phones back into the market without doubling down on QA to make sure other issues didn't exist.
    Doubt there will be as much media attention now unless a major incident occurs. At this point it's shame on you if something happens. Users have been warned and instructed to return devices. Ignoring that warning from the manufacturer now makes the user liable for all damages to personal or private property, injury, etc.
    Jona005 likes this.
    10-12-2016 06:16 AM
    some hard headed people
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    10-12-2016 06:16 AM
    The S7 edge is selling fast now. IMO it's the closest. I only had the option to get silver cause the gold and black would ship later.
    10-12-2016 06:17 AM
    If there was not a problem Samsung would just ignore the reports. But there is RIP NOTE 7
    10-12-2016 06:19 AM
    1... because people more people have decided to turn off their phones, reducing the possibility of incidents.
    2... because I think it's only been... ONE DAY?!... since the other incidents.
    3... I just wanted to say 3

So I know I'm not the only one still using my Note 7, so the question is, why all of a sudden there are no more stories of the phone catching on fire/exploding? Just wondering.........
    Jona005 and honda-Dave like this.
    10-12-2016 06:20 AM
    It seems that everyone is falling all over themselves to jump off the Note 7 ship. Speculation is rampant: production on the phone has been ceased permanently, there will be an OTA update in 30 days that will brick all remaining Note 7s, "Game Over Man!" etc. etc. etc. And yet there is no official confirmation of any of that. All Samsung has actually said is :

1. Stop selling and exchanging Note 7s while the investigation is still taking place.
    2. For your safety, power your Note 7 off while we figure out what's going on.
    3. Customers can return their phones for a refund or exchange if they want.

As far as I know, as of this writing, there is no official second recall from the CPSC. There is no confirmation from Samsung that production has ceased permanently. There is no official confirmation from any carriers that they will never again be selling the Note 7. Now, those things may yet come to pass, but until that fat lady sings I'm not making any changes to my phone situation, and I'm most certainly not going to panic.

Am I the only one?
    You are not the only one, going to keep mine until the last possible minute, and even then i will most likely keep it a little bit beyond that.
    10-12-2016 06:20 AM
    You are not the only one, going to keep mine until the last possible minute, and even then i will most likely keep it a little bit beyond that.
    Even with your phone essentially bricked? Good luck with that.
    10-12-2016 06:22 AM
    no idea but im ditching my s7 edge as well. touchwiz is the devil
    10-12-2016 06:24 AM
    Even with your phone essentially bricked? Good kick with that.
    So far it works fine and as long as it works i am keeping it. If they do brick it at some point in the future i will return it.
    10-12-2016 06:25 AM
    I would like Samsung to fully report the root cause(s) of the battery overheating problems. Otherwise it would seem like they don't know how to prevent the same problem from re-appearing on future phones.
    French and Serkle K like this.
    I might shoot for the V20. Not much of an LG fan but I'll give them a shot.
    I handed in my Note yesterday and preordered the V20

I was able to get some hands on time with a V20 that was on display. I'm liking the screen size and the quality build though yes its not a Note but I'll be okay with using one for now !!!
    Samsung took a a big L will the N7 and it will be tough to win back the consumer trust but they will be back. They need to hit a home run this what I thing they should do 6/8gb rame 128/256 on board storage maybe a 4k display with a battery that can support it but most important a drop on price say $650/700 range. I mean look at it this way there were Its users that came over to Android 4 the 1st time and they chose the N7 this will leave a bad taste in there mouth you have some Samsung fans that will jump ship to either to IOS because it's a brand they trust and that's what it comes down to is trust Samsung recalls the re-release it saying it's say and it wasn't in the consumer world trust is damaged. They need to fix this and selling their products cheaper would be a start this is a case of sometime you need to lose to win.
    10-12-2016 06:28 AM
    I handed in my Note yesterday and preordered the V20

I was able to get some hands on time with a V20 that was on display. I'm liking the screen size and the quality build though yes its not a Note but I'll be okay with using one for now !!!
    So are you without a phone now until the V-20 comes? If so that is unacceptable to me. I can not go without a phone.
    10-12-2016 06:29 AM
    I was thinking about the iPhone half seriously but then ended up with a Note 5
    10-12-2016 06:30 AM
    So are you without a phone now until the V-20 comes? If so that is unacceptable to me. I can not go without a phone.
    I still have my S6 Edge+ which I kept as a backup
    Preach2k likes this.
    10-12-2016 06:31 AM
    And if I'm not happy with the S7 Edge, I'll just return it for the Note 5. I'll settle for the 64gb and just keep everything in the cloud until the next Note comes out.

I've had every iPhone and also had all the notes with the exception of the 5. I love the customization.

You what what grinds my gears about iPhone fans, they always claim that that Android is just too much, but that's an option. You can keep it simple and use it with iPhone functionality.

(Sorry, I had surgery so im recliner bound and bored, LOL)
    I did the same I gave back the S7 Edge and got the Note 5 however I have a 32 gigabyte but I'm fine with that because I use the cloud for a whole bunch of stuff
    suitebliss likes this.
    10-12-2016 06:32 AM
    Different battery sizes between the two/three... with the Edge actually having the BIGGER battery capacity.
    And each wedged into their phones a different way.
    10-12-2016 06:34 AM
    I definitely want to know what happened in detail.

I have ordered an S7 Edge but very concerned about transitioning to it. I tried it long before the Note 7 and didn't like the edges...but was fine with them on the Note (with a case). Hoping a case resolves any issues with that.

I still have my Note 7...and plan to keep using it for the next several days for sure while I take my time setting up the Edge S7, but I intend to hang on for the entire return period of the Edge just in case something turns the tables on things. I HATE giving up this Note 7.
    10-12-2016 06:34 AM
    Sometimes i think are people like you really sane? What's the OVERLY BIG desire to keep this smartphone? People like you think Note 7 is a Holy Grail that you just have to keep their hands on. Grow up of this juvenile attitude. It is potentially dangerous product, return it like Samsung has said, and wait for the next flagship product from them and/or buy something else meanwhile.

Gosh whata jokers.

I bet there's coming other such topics popping up her asking the same thing, as if maybe there's a chance the support continues and nothing happens, and Samsung does a complete 180 LOL.

And i bet LG V20 IPS panel produces more color accuracy, like the iPhone 7 is the new king of displaymate.com
    21stNow and ultravisitor like this.
    10-12-2016 06:37 AM
    Oh, and while you are waiting, everybody else is snatching up the only real comparable phone out there (S7 Edge). Yes, it's a downgrade, but the only real viable option, and nothing is on the horizon. And, no...the V20 is not comparable.
    It depends if you value the camera and expandable storage over the s-pen. Some people need to have the s-pen.

The S7 edge is selling fast now. IMO it's the closest. I only had the option to get silver cause the gold and black would ship later.
    If I was "stuck" with a downgraded phone, you can bet I'm getting the color I want. No way am I settling for a color because it's out of stock.
    Serkle K likes this.
    10-12-2016 06:41 AM
1,439 ... 5152535455 ...