Was the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 a target of Industrial Sabotage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingemar Kenyatta

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
This is not an investigative endeavor. I'm just wondering if others are asking this question. How does a company like Samsung that has done so many different models of phones, computers and tablets have this kind of battery problem?

And the timing seems almost impossibly too good to be true. Google launches its first foray as an independent smartphone manufacturer while simultaneously the largest Android smartphone maker crash and burns. If it's a timing coincidence it is the biggest ever in smartphones. Seems too unlikely. Anyone else thought this?

Posted via the Android Central App

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Inside job? Someone paid off? Apple got to someone to tweak a spec? Its not impossible I suppose but I personally doubt it.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Funny how so many people here so quick to write off a theory.

The world is a very big place, with a lot of nooks and crannies not seen every day. Espionage occurs every day at the state level. Who's to say that it doesn't happen at the private sector level too?

Samsung isn't likely to make the same mistake twice. I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung traces the issue to an "insider threat" when it is all said and done.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No one is saying Samsung did it themselves...we're talking an insider threat, either inside the company, or somewhere on the factory lines.

Industrial sabotage is a huge issue in Asia.
Eh.. I don't go into conspiracy theories.. Just like you didn't go into fire stories unless facts were presented :).

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Oh good grief.

If we're to seriously be considering conspiracy theories, then here's another one: a rival manufacturer's CEO planted someone at Samsung to cause this to happen to their phones because Samsung's customers touch themselves as night.

It could happen, folks. The world is a very big and scary place.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Oh good grief.

If we're to seriously be considering conspiracy theories, then here's another one: a rival manufacturer's CEO planted someone at Samsung to cause this to happen to their phones because Samsung's customers touch themselves as night.

Knew I should have put a piece of black electrical tape on my Note 7 cameras!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Conspiracy theories? It's not a conspiracy. Stuff like this happens. Insider threats are a real issue at both the public and private sector level.

Forbes Welcome

And where is an insider threat (with facts) for this "Samsung Sabotage" theory? There isn't any -- that is the theory I am talking about. Hence why I said not going to engage in random theories with no facts.

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if after the dust settles there is evidence of something being cooked up. Apple's slipping market share would be my best guess... not saying it did happen this way, but I just wouldn't be surprised.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
It happened with the Playstation 4 upon release. People really are naively blind as to what goes on at the top/behind closed doors.
IRIS Scanner? Fingerprint Sensor? Pulse Monitor/Oxygen Saturation Monitor/Footsteps Counter. Front-facing Camera, with Facial Recognition?
You have no idea! NO idea!

Last edited:

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Oh good grief.

Maybe you should read a few articles and educate yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38