What Replacement Phone Have You Decided On?

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
N5 (64G) or S7E, I can't decide.....HELP!😭

Just catching up on this tread, I upgraded from a Note 5 and then got the S7 Edge and it drove me crazy with the edges and reflections. Switched back to the Note 5 and love the flat screen. Only thing I'll miss from the S7 edge is the IP67 and the SD card.

Osahar 87

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I went with the V20 after giving back the grenade 7. The screen is a little brighter, more crispy and sharp. I get about 4 to 5.5 hrs of sot with medium to heavy usage.The V20 embarrasses the Note 7 in speed and smoothness and the performance consistency is amazing. The Hifi Dac embarrasses the Note 7 audio capabilities. Overall the V20 is a solid choice as a replacement if you can live without the Super Amoled screen and S pen.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Got my V20 today.Took me a bit to get set up like any phone.I did fresh install.havent taken pics or played music yet.I love my note 7 but I am tired of flip flopping with phones.I will stay with V20 until note 8 comes out.V20 is a very nice phone.

Last edited:

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I went to AT&T today fully intending to trade for an S7E. I even called to make sure there was black in stock. Only 1. I made the mistake of comparing them side by side. I pulled up different web pages and Google to look at images on each phone. I took pics with each too. Just really tested it out good.

I moved down to the V20. It doesn't have an "apps" button that I could find, meaning all your apps have to be on the home screens. I can't deal with that. The screen looked dark to me too. Also, it felt really wide and boxy in hand.

I moved over to iPhone. I couldn't even figure out which button was the internet button. It does have a nice screen and takes good pics though. Once the rep showed me how to connect, I found it faster than my note. I just don't want it.

All that to say: I spent an hour in AT&T and left the same way I went in. With my Black Onyx Note 7.

You can have an apps button.so all icons Do Not have to be in home menu.i got my V20 today .you go under appearance find home settings there is 3 options and 1 is home plus app draw.I am using mine that way .I like a very clean homepage because I have thousands of pics and wallpapers I like to show off.I will try to post a pic of my V20.

Last edited:

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Was in the process of selling this s7edge, glad I didn't when second recall was announced. I'll keep it now till the Note 8 reincarnation appears & hopefully it will be as good as N7.

svtalex

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I just got my S7 edge. And already missing the note 7 already. Atleast it will get the g the grace UI!! And everything that can be ported over from the note 7

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I went with the V20 after giving back the grenade 7. The screen is a little brighter, more crispy and sharp. I get about 4 to 5.5 hrs of sot with medium to heavy usage.The V20 embarrasses the Note 7 in speed and smoothness and the performance consistency is amazing. The Hifi Dac embarrasses the Note 7 audio capabilities. Overall the V20 is a solid choice as a replacement if you can live without the Super Amoled screen and S pen.
Can you post some pics of it?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Well, I have the S7 Edge, but just today I got the full details on the Jump vs Jump on Demand for Tmobile when I called 611. They didn't tell me about it when I got the S7edge in store the other day. I may go back into the store (any local) and redo a phone under the Jump on Demand. 🤔

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
You can have an apps button.so all icons Do Not have to be in home menu.i got my V20 today .you go under appearance find home settings there is 3 options and 1 is home plus app draw.I am using mine that way .I like a very clean homepage because I have thousands of pics and wallpapers I like to show off.I will try to post a pic of my V20.

Thanks. Your home screen does look nice. I watched a YT video and saw how to enable that apps button too. After watching the videos, I'd ALMOST convinced myself to try it. Then I remembered all the Samsung Notes and diaries I'd lose. This recall crap is driving me crazy. Congrats on finding something you like! Peace of mind.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
For giggles I decided to go from page 1 to see if people weren't recommending or going with Samsung... and I would say the good percentage of responses for the first 4 pages were mostly people going with S7E, Note 5, back to Note 4, Note 3 even.

So I decided to skip the next 6 pages and look at the last two where you have people talking the S6Edge, S7Edge, S7 Batman.

So you're right... can't be it. No conspiracy to talk people away from Samsung. Just a lot a new phones out that's worth considering.

As for the A9 Pro... for me... I don't want a 6" phone. Part of the attraction of the Note 7 was that it was smaller than previous Notes as well as the iPhone Plus.

Surprised nobody recommends a Samsung Galaxy phone, you know, a 6" Screen one, with 16MP Camera, you with a 5000mAh Battery?
Like this one: Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro (2016) - Full phone specifications

But maybe that is because for some reason people are being talked away from Samsung, nah that couldn't be it, could it?

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
For giggles I decided to go from page 1 to see if people weren't recommending or going with Samsung... and I would say the good percentage of responses for the first 4 pages were mostly people going with S7E, Note 5, back to Note 4, Note 3 even.

So I decided to skip the next 6 pages and look at the last two where you have people talking the S6Edge, S7Edge, S7 Batman.

So you're right... can't be it. No conspiracy to talk people away from Samsung. Just a lot a new phones out that's worth considering.

As for the A9 Pro... for me... I don't want a 6" phone. Part of the attraction of the Note 7 was that it was smaller than previous Notes as well as the iPhone Plus.

Point taken there, Bud. I am just aware of multiple threads around these forums where people are being advised on switchimg to the Pixie, V20, iPhone, etc. Too much to read and no I had not read through this particular thread. In fact I will be honest, I typed up my comment on another Forum and copied it and pasted it to this one.