Ordered the LG V20

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I got my T-Mobile V20 two days ago and so far I love it. It's not as pretty the Note 7, so let's get that out of the way. It has the best screen that LG has ever put into a phone. No, it's not as good as the one in the Note 7, but is 90-95% as good. And honestly that's good enough for me, mainly because it's much brighter than anything I've used from LG before.

As far as everything else, battery life and cameras are about on par. The V20 has a better fingerprint scanner. The V20 is SO much faster than the Note 7. I suppose it may have lagged a bit while downloading everything and setting it up, but not since.

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I agree.. V20 is sooooo much snappier. Both my N7 lagged. This phone....zero lag. Screen is almost as good as N7. Camera is good...just not quite as good in low light. Audio on it rocks! 2nd screen us fantastic idea. I hope more theme are coming! Wish it had wireless charging...but hopefully they will release charging back. It looks like it has the pins for it underneath the back. I like double tap to wake. Getting used to new power button location ...that will just take time. Loving this phone!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
For all the good things of the Note 7 (there were many) bad issues were the LTE signal reception and wifi behavior. The Note 7 was great in strong LTE areas, but pretty much sucked in medium to weak areas. The battery drained quicker in those areas. Wifi did not seem to have good range and ran warmer than any device I have owned. Did the same on both N7s I had.

In contrast the Note 4 has much better LTE signal and runs cool with wifi. I ordered the V20 to test signal reception out. The Note 4 has been great since the updates and getting a new battery, but not enough storage and low light pics are not good.

If I do not like the V20, the Note 4 will be fine until next year- minus having some of my bigger games installed and the low light pics.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I got my T-Mobile V20 two days ago and so far I love it. It's not as pretty the Note 7, so let's get that out of the way. It has the best screen that LG has ever put into a phone. No, it's not as good as the one in the Note 7, but is 90-95% as good. And honestly that's good enough for me, mainly because it's much brighter than anything I've used from LG before.

As far as everything else, battery life and cameras are about on par. The V20 has a better fingerprint scanner. The V20 is SO much faster than the Note 7. I suppose it may have lagged a bit while downloading everything and setting it up, but not since.
Poster's in the LG V20 forum say that LG should have used their OLED for the display.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree.. V20 is sooooo much snappier. Both my N7 lagged. This phone....zero lag. Screen is almost as good as N7. Camera is good...just not quite as good in low light. Audio on it rocks! 2nd screen us fantastic idea. I hope more theme are coming! Wish it had wireless charging...but hopefully they will release charging back. It looks like it has the pins for it underneath the back. I like double tap to wake. Getting used to new power button location ...that will just take time. Loving this phone!
It's the first phone that uses a 32 bit DAC

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I saw a review on the v20, on YouTube , and there is a major flaw with the camera lens.... If you remove the plastic cover on the lens, it is possible the lens could crack, I saw this happen on YouTube, and I was quite surprised to see how easy this lens cracked.... I don't remember who the YouTube presenter was?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress