11-21-2016 11:20 AM
181 ... 678
tools
    All I can say is I was told by the manager at my carrier that it was only 11 confirmed to be the actual device failing. The rest were reports of devices that never made it to cpsc or Samsung. Devices that were not N7's. You see the issue with reports. Media only says enough to freak everyone out. For some funny reason I have yet to get the 60% update. Been told no I can't have a return box and yes I have been refunded. I agree there were issues and I agree 60% will push people to return it. I don't agree with forcing it when they themselves and the cpsc say voluntary on every email and text they send.
    Ah, ok. I'm referring to the official statement by the CPSC as to what they had reported to them by Samsung directly. It's a valid point that we don't actually know who is most accurate and now most of the articles about it make it seem that even post recall efforts were botched. At this point I wish Samsung had a time machine in their giant list of gadgets they make.
    11-21-2016 10:10 AM
    Ah, ok. I'm referring to the official statement by the CPSC as to what they had reported to them by Samsung directly. It's a valid point that we don't actually know who is most accurate and now most of the articles about it make it seem that even post recall efforts were botched. At this point I wish Samsung had a time machine in their giant list of gadgets they make.
    Big issue is there are way more people still using the N7 than they are reporting and yes Samsung plans to release it refurbished outside the U.S. So here is the big question. Why? I think Samsung let carriers Identify bad N7's with that app they said they had during the first recall. Some didn't do their jobs and check every last device and said they were ok which caused the fires from bad N7's. My replacement N7 was someone else's or had been tested because the phone had no plastic wrap on it. The cable was unwound. Clearly Samsung doesn't want to admit they let carriers do their work and they failed to do it right. Verizon won't take mine back and said keep it it's not as dangerous as they made it sound. The cpsc and Samsung need to back off and rethink what they did.
    11-21-2016 10:34 AM
    Big issue is there are way more people still using the N7 than they are reporting and yes Samsung plans to release it refurbished outside the U.S. So here is the big question. Why?
    I thought both of those points were fully debunked? It was just recently announced by Samsung that in the US there were around 50,000 devices still in use and I thought I read that the refurbished resell idea was definitely not happening. All of the nonsense out there being reported is making it very difficult to actually "know" anything. That's why I'm ignoring basically everything that is said by unofficial sources. Any blog saying they're quoting Samsung can name who they spoke to and give a direct quote or attribution. Anyone not doing that, is either regurgitating something they read and probably adding their own spin or is just fabricating it to begin with - such as Sammobile and Gizmondo.
    11-21-2016 10:40 AM
    Nope Samsung mobile announced it the other day. They are supposed to be released in a few lesser Asian markets that supply cheap pay as you go phones. But hey Verizon says I can keep mine and obviously they aren't sending out the 60% update to mine. Well that's what I was told anyway. I wont take it on a plane anyway. If I had to fly I can just use my other line that has a N5.
    11-21-2016 10:56 AM
    I would agree some do just ad lib the whole story, but if Samsung can release it in a small non marginal area without issue they may be able to get some of their losses back.
    11-21-2016 10:58 AM
    All I can say is I was told by the manager at my carrier that it was only 11 confirmed to be the actual device failing. The rest were reports of devices that never made it to cpsc or Samsung. Devices that were not N7's. You see the issue with reports. Media only says enough to freak everyone out. For some funny reason I have yet to get the 60% update. Been told no I can't have a return box and yes I have been refunded. I agree there were issues and I agree 60% will push people to return it. I don't agree with forcing it when they themselves and the cpsc say voluntary on every email and text they send.
    Reps are clueless.
    11-21-2016 11:20 AM
181 ... 678