Samsung Galaxy Note Fan Edition

EmanC19

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section. I couldn't find a section for the fan edition. I was just wondering if it's possible to use the note fe in the United States? Don't wanna purchase just yet, I'm asking because I know they only sell it in Korea. Ebay and other few sites are selling them, kinda pricy

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I searched the FCC Site for FCC Approval and could not find any so I would say "No" - if they haven't approved, US Carriers won't allow it. Why eBay sells it without some warnings is beyond me!

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I am currently using the Note FE with T-Mobile here in the states without issue there are folks using them with AT&T as well. If you have Verizon or Sprint you will not be able to use this device though. I got one off ebay last month for $700 you can also find them on swappa.

EmanC19

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys, I'm glad it's working on T-Mobile. I'll just have to change the settings back to English once I turn on the phone. Any instructions on that? lol

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys, I'm glad it's working on T-Mobile. I'll just have to change the settings back to English once I turn on the phone. Any instructions on that? lol

You won't need translation to do it... It's a drop down menu when you boot it up the first time lol

There is an area over on XDA some folks have rooted there's I'm pretty content with it stock.

Accessories are dirt cheap I have about 10 or more cases and didn't pay $20 for them. Quality cases that are typically $30 and up each, all were still new in packaging.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I searched the FCC Site for FCC Approval and could not find any so I would say "No" - if they haven't approved, US Carriers won't allow it. Why eBay sells it without some warnings is beyond me!

I think the FCC approval is just to sell it in the US, I doubt all the random unlocked phones people have shipped to the US from Asia are FCC certified.

I could be completely wrong.

EmanC19

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Just watched a video on YouTube. I searched Samsung galaxy note fan edition. uploaded by Erica Griffin, she is using the note fe on T-Mobile network so that's promising 😊

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Interesting my Note 8 is narrower than my Note 4 and probably less than a centimeter taller.

The Note 4 is 5.7" tall, while the Note 8 is 6.3" tall. I don't know how that equates to centimeters, but i've held the Note 8, and played around with it in my local T-Mobile store. It's too big(tall), and the fear of dropping it was too great. End of story.:p

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I am glad you are loving the note FE. I love my note8.

Is there any reason you did not want the note8? Just curious.

You didn’t ask me but I don’t like the newer skinnier tall phones. Feels weird in my hand, I have friends with the S8 and the Note 8 and both mentioned the same. I also don’t care for the placement of the fingerprint sensor.

EmanC19

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Basically decided to buy the Note FE instead of the Note 8 because I really love the look and feel of the Note 7. It sucks that the Note 7 had to go down that way, but I am really happy they brought it back, just it another name haha! It's for us true fans that loved the Note 7. I also don't like the newer and skinnier tall phones, it does feel weird in the hand, maybe it's just me. I also don't like the finger print scanner on the back, big no-no for me. Don't think I'll get used to it. I love the finger printer sensor in the front. Overall I'll be having this phone for a really long time as long as I take care of it. Don't see myself buying any more phones. Just wondering, why isn't there a section in the forums for the Samsung galaxy note fan edition? It's like we get no love... I want to chat more about the phone with other enthusiasts 😁

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Basically decided to buy the Note FE instead of the Note 8 because I really love the look and feel of the Note 7. It sucks that the Note 7 had to go down that way, but I am really happy they brought it back, just it another name haha! It's for us true fans that loved the Note 7. I also don't like the newer and skinnier tall phones, it does feel weird in the hand, maybe it's just me. I also don't like the finger print scanner on the back, big no-no for me. Don't think I'll get used to it. I love the finger printer sensor in the front. Overall I'll be having this phone for a really long time as long as I take care of it. Don't see myself buying any more phones. Just wondering, why isn't there a section in the forums for the Samsung galaxy note fan edition? It's like we get no love... I want to chat more about the phone with other enthusiasts 😁

I would have bought this phone in a minute, but the price was a lot higher than they originally said. I'm now looking for a 64gb Note 5 that will work on the T-mobile network.

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
They are available at the Samsung stores here in the Philippines now. Price is around $650.
I was looking at one about a week ago when I was at a Samsung store in the mall.

stillnotabot

May 20, 2016
Visit site
They are available at the Samsung stores here in the Philippines now. Price is around $650.
I was looking at one about a week ago when I was at a Samsung store in the mall.

I must have reakly wanted one because I paid 12 million for mine.

Oh yeah, that was in VN dong. Hence $550.

I think they've sold a lot in Asia so it would be nice to have a forum for it. The general rule isn't to only list US models is it?

For example, if I swipe left Bixby is there but nothing in settings about it at all. I've looked everywhere. I'd like to replace it with something useful, either GA which is on and working but doesn't take over that screen for the feed or Flipboard for Galaxy as Play Store says I have but can't find even though listed in apps as 20mb or open (when I clicked open on the Play Store it changed to uninstall only) which I didn't mind on prev moxels. If anyone knows?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non