US Wifi 4.2.2 update and issues with Chrome

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else with the US wifi update to 4.2.2 and then get the latest Chrome update and now can not get Chrome to work? I've gone ovet to Chrome Beta and it works fine. I am wondering if anyone else os finding this as an issue as well. If anyone hasn't gone to 4.2.2 but has gotten the latest Chrome upgrade is it working on your Note? If anyone has gotten the 4.2.2 but hasn't taken the Chrome upgrade does yours still work? Or is this all just ny tablet being difficult?

Posted via Android Central App

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else with the US wifi update to 4.2.2 and then get the latest Chrome update and now can not get Chrome to work? I've gone ovet to Chrome Beta and it works fine. I am wondering if anyone else os finding this as an issue as well. If anyone hasn't gone to 4.2.2 but has gotten the latest Chrome upgrade is it working on your Note? If anyone has gotten the 4.2.2 but hasn't taken the Chrome upgrade does yours still work? Or is this all just ny tablet being difficult?

I'm in the US and I am running 4.2.2 unrooted and I have zero issues with chrome. Try uninstalling and reinstalling chrome and see if that works for you.

XBBSTORM

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue. It would open and then immediately close. I uninstalled the update and now it's working fine. I will do a factory reset to make sure it wasnt something that went wrong during the 4.2.2 update.

kcspre

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Same problem for me. Updated the os, then updated Chrome, now it opens and immediately closes.

WCW1

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Question about 4.2.2 update for the 5110 WI-FI in the US. Where is this update coming from? Samsung says there is no official release of 4.2.2 for the 5110 WI-FI in the US. I am not in a hurry to upgate as there seem to be a lot of problems posted about the update and my Note is still under warranty.

Thanks for any help.

XBBSTORM

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Question about 4.2.2 update for the 5110 WI-FI in the US. Where is this update coming from? Samsung says there is no official release of 4.2.2 for the 5110 WI-FI in the US. I am not in a hurry to upgate as there seem to be a lot of problems posted about the update and my Note is still under warranty.

Thanks for any help.
The update was delivered to my device OTA overnight. So I'm not sure why they would say that.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yep my update came on its own. I am having trouble with chrome, but everything else working great.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Uninstalled chrome update and now chrome works great with 4.2.2.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If you go and get a copy of the official build maybe. But without rooting probably not. It is probably going to tell you that you are trying to install a previous version and abort the installation. It is a pain to have to factory reset but the beta version of chrome works just fine. What I'm afraid is that means there is some old code hanging around and we may see other issues pop up as time goes on if we don't factory reset and purge it.

Manky Boy

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Is everyone's S pen working and tracking correctly? I upgraded to the UK wifi 4.2.2 version a week or so ago and since then the s pen has been a couple of mm's off at both the top and bottom of the screen, although it is ok un the middle. Contacted samsung support a week ago and haven't even had a reply yet :-(

Kevin Smith11

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok my pen seems to work. But my app page is gone when I pull the pen. My multi page is locked out ,my factory home page is gone, the I symbol is gone when editing text- with pen. Not seeing anything good here yet. New unit at 100 percent when started typing this now at 90 dropping fast.
Any help here....

gakbdroid

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't open Chrome plus Facebook would not show any photos, nothing, no profile photos, no album photos on my page and any other page! I contacted Samsung support and chatted with Nicky who suggested I clear my data and cash files. I did that and it didn't work. I ended up re-installing both and now they are working again.

WCW1

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I got the 4.2.2 update last night. I had the latest Chrome and Chrome Beta installed on my Note. When I tried to start either one this morning, all I would get is a flah and then nothing. I uninstalled Chrome and the Chrome Beta and reinstalled Chrome. Eveything is fine and it synced all my bookmarks which it had not done before.

Good Luck. The SNote page no longer appears when removing the pen, but the app works. Not a big deal, probably a setting, but I don't always want the SNote page anyway.

Web

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Is everyone's S pen working and tracking correctly? I upgraded to the UK wifi 4.2.2 version a week or so ago and since then the s pen has been a couple of mm's off at both the top and bottom of the screen, although it is ok un the middle. Contacted samsung support a week ago and haven't even had a reply yet :-(

This subject has been previously answered. During the update somehow your dominant left hand/right hand setting got changed. Hopefully changing it back will help you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I had the open and close issue with Chrome so I just uninstalled the update to Chrome, then reinstalled the Chrome update and it works perfectly now. I had the same issue with Google Search. I would type in my search and it would then just close the search. So I uninstalled the update for Google Search and then reinstalled it. Worked great. No other issues at this point.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
When you say you uninstalled the update you mean the 4.2 to 4.1 or a chrome update? I want to roll back to 4.1 but don't know how, if anyone knows, please let me know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non