Using a memory card in the Note 8

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I ran out of internal space on my 16gb Note 8, so I bought an SD card. After putting the SD card in, I was still getting messages that I was out of space. The tablet was not putting new stuff in the memory card. It was still using internal memory. So I had had to delete from the internal memory to make more space. What good is the memory card if the Note 8 doesn't use it? Is there a way to get the Note 8 to use the memory card?

sent from my Note 3

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Applications aren't going to run from the SD card w/out some rooting/hacking (if then). You can store pictures, videos, and music on the memory card though.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Applications aren't going to run from the SD card w/out some rooting/hacking (if then). You can store pictures, videos, and music on the memory card though.

Pictures. Videos. Music. All the stuff I run from my phone instead of my tablet. Oops. Guess I'll buy 32gb next time.

Thanks for your response.

sent from my Note 3

gemniii

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I ran out of internal space on my 16gb Note 8, so I bought an SD card. After putting the SD card in, I was still getting messages that I was out of space. The tablet was not putting new stuff in the memory card. It was still using internal memory. So I had had to delete from the internal memory to make more space. What good is the memory card if the Note 8 doesn't use it? Is there a way to get the Note 8 to use the memory card?

sent from my Note 3

With an upgrade to 4.2.2 many apps CAN be moved to the SD card. However many people had problems with the upgrade.