Best Cases & Accessories for the Note 8

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I looked at the Spigen Slim Armor, and from the photos, it appears it's like their Tough Armor case, in that it doesn't seem to have a "lip" along the sides.

Does anyone here have one of these, and can confirm whether or not there is a "lip" such that when the phone is face-down, it's actually resting on the case, and not the glass/screen surface?

I suspect I may end up getting one of those, as they come closest to what I'm looking for, but wanted to see if there's one I've overlooked that has everything I'm looking for.

I have it. It has a decent lip on the top and bottom, face down on a flat surface the screen is not touching, the side lips are not high however. I've dropped it a few times and it's done a great job at protecting the phone and screen. If you really want the best protection I'd go with the Otterbox Defender however.

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have it. It has a decent lip on the top and bottom, face down on a flat surface the screen is not touching, the side lips are not high however. I've dropped it a few times and it's done a great job at protecting the phone and screen. If you really want the best protection I'd go with the Otterbox Defender however.

Thanks for the reply.

Flossy said similar things in his review, so I went ahead and ordered it on Amazon, was able to get same-day, so should be here tonight. Just picked up the phone at Best Buy an hour ago. So many things to install, configure, learn!!

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

Flossy said similar things in his review, so I went ahead and ordered it on Amazon, was able to get same-day, so should be here tonight. Just picked up the phone at Best Buy an hour ago. So many things to install, configure, learn!!

Overall I really like the case a lot. Enjoy it. I got the Note 8 for my wife and I've been playing with it non stop, I have the s8 but I'll be getting the Note soon!

IbeSasha

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
This is a great case. Spigen Tough. The deep sea blue color is fantastic. Since I wasn't able to buy the blue phone this is the next best thing. It gives some protection and doesn't really add bulk. Buttons work great too, plus it has a kickstand built in.

Attachments

• IMG_3243.jpg
    IMG_3243.jpg
    559.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3244.jpg
    IMG_3244.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 20

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Spigen NEO Hybrid and Spigen NEO Flex Protector. The Herringbone pattern looks very nice in the back with the gunmetal looking subframe. On black the Herringbone could look kinda like a subtle tire tread pattern which the car guy in me likes. The back may look it has a soft rubber feel but more like a hard rubber feel and been pocket carrying it and no lint sticking to it. The side of the plastic subframe is beveled in the back so the sides are thin making the phone feel thin and the case does not make it look or feel bulky.

I like the screen protector. Had to change the S-Pen tip to white to make it feel smoother over the protector after I let it cure for 48 hours after installing. About 2 more days later I feel the writing area is getting even better as the protector cures even more.

Attachments

• A64EAC3D-39F9-41E9-8D85-99D9AA1A6141.jpg
    A64EAC3D-39F9-41E9-8D85-99D9AA1A6141.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 04C4D1E1-433F-4E48-BF3C-B4EC1135E89D.jpg
    04C4D1E1-433F-4E48-BF3C-B4EC1135E89D.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 264E6A17-6BDB-4F2D-8534-0F1CEE3A4251.jpg
    264E6A17-6BDB-4F2D-8534-0F1CEE3A4251.jpg
    552.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 5ACB5C04-19DD-4E4E-89E0-D45601658CC0.jpg
    5ACB5C04-19DD-4E4E-89E0-D45601658CC0.jpg
    597.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 75DC8B8E-443B-4013-8E9E-F9192CA86420.jpg
    75DC8B8E-443B-4013-8E9E-F9192CA86420.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 22
  • 310CB9F4-695F-4007-BF97-67A55A1031E6.jpg
    310CB9F4-695F-4007-BF97-67A55A1031E6.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Spigen NEO Hybrid and Spigen NEO Flex Protector. The Herringbone pattern looks very nice in the back with the gunmetal looking subframe. On black the Herringbone could look kinda like a subtle tire tread pattern which the car guy in me likes. The back may look it has a soft rubber feel but more like a hard rubber feel and been pocket carrying it and no lint sticking to it. The side of the plastic subframe is beveled in the back so the sides are thin making the phone feel thin and the case does not make it look or feel bulky.

I like the screen protector. Had to change the S-Pen tip to white to make it feel smoother over the protector after I let it cure for 48 hours after installing. About 2 more days later I feel the writing area is getting even better as the protector cures even more.
That's a really nice looking case.

CapScarlet

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site

Just got my Neo Hybrid from Amazon today! Chose this after reading your post, thank you for your review and posting your pics!

I like the design as it compliments the Note 8 and having the extra protection without adding too much bulk. Fits perfectly in my Timbuk2 phone case attached to the front loop of my backpack! Nice grip and doesn’t feel slippery in the hand. Also works well with my ZAGG HD Curved Glass screen protector.

Thanks again donm527!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Best Cases & Accessories for the Note 8

Retuned the Defender and went back to my old case. The Defender is really nice, but I got tired of the task of taking it apart to clean my phone and the flaps that guarded the headphone jack and charging port.

Last edited:

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I've used the knockoff Otterbox Defender cases on other phones, notably an S7 Edge and i quite honestly was impressed with the case as a whole. 95% just like the OEM Otterbox case. I ordered one for my Note 8 and will update when the case comes. I ordered the option with tempered glass screen protector for $4 more, but I'm not as optimistic about the protector.

The one on Ebay,I ordered is this one... For Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Defender Rugged Case Cover (Belt Clip Fits Otterbox) | eBay

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, I've used the knockoff Otterbox Defender cases on other phones, notably an S7 Edge and i quite honestly was impressed with the case as a whole. 95% just like the OEM Otterbox case. I ordered one for my Note 8 and will update when the case comes. I ordered the option with tempered glass screen protector for $4 more, but I'm not as optimistic about the protector.

The one on Ebay,I ordered is this one... For Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Defender Rugged Case Cover (Belt Clip Fits Otterbox) | eBay

I saw that on Amazon too a couple weeks ago but I already had my $60 Defender from Verizon lol. Amazon should start selling it soon.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
LOL, just got the cases in the mail. Now all I need is my note 8 tomorrow. Very close to OEM.
2e2b1eb84b9bcf49783857e386a0e91a.jpg
6a0615b5594f55bbf2e732fad801ffaf.jpg
42517ed31ed450eaffa14f73f6194359.jpg

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

The outer shell looks slightly different than my Otterbox but the knock offs usually differ slightly I guess to avoid patent issues. I have a generic Defender for the S7 I had and it was a pretty decent case. I liked the outer shell better actually. However at the time they didn't have these knock off defenders for sale yet on Amazon or Ebay which is why I bought the actual Defender for $60. The holsters look like junk but I really don't care since I never use them.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
After trying several cases - if you want maximum protection I'd go with the Defender, it truly is the best protection from drops, it is bigger however, not as big as past Defenders but still pretty big. I wouldn't bother with a minimal case as a lot of them just won't protect your phone from anything other than scratches.

I really like the Spigen Tough Armor, feels like good protection in a slimmer profile and the kick stand really makes the case, with this great screen I watch a lot of videos.

I am not sure which is going to be my daily as I like them both.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Cool. This is my supcase unicorn beetle hybrid case that came today. I love it. The sides can be a little slick at times but better than that ringke wave case. Btw: guess you can tell I like dolphins haha:) and sorry for lighting

I am currently in dispute regarding my Supcase. It has been stuck in Orlando since 9/21, before that stuck in Atlanta, I ordered directly from them since 9/14. Never again. After ordering I read that someone had issues with them on this forum. Well I m going through the same. I paid with Paypal hopefully I will get a refund. I even emailed them. Nothing, no explanation, nothing. At this point I no longer want the case. Buyer beware of this company. Order through Amazon if you will but not directly from them.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I am currently in dispute regarding my Supcase. It has been stuck in Orlando since 9/21, before that stuck in Atlanta, I ordered directly from them since 9/14. Never again. After ordering I read that someone had issues with them on this forum. Well I m going through the same. I paid with Paypal hopefully I will get a refund. I even emailed them. Nothing, no explanation, nothing. At this point I no longer want the case. Buyer beware of this company. Order through Amazon if you will but not directly from them.

Dang that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. I ordered thru them but thru ebay. I had to go back and look. I ordered mine on the 9/14 and got it 9/18. So you went to their website and ordered right? I had a simular issue with zizo. I ordered one from them on their website and it took 3 weeks to get. Not for the note8 but for my lg v20. Well they ended up sending me another one that came in like 3 or 4 days and told me to keep the other if it came so I had 2 for price of one. But after that i order from them thru ebay and always get it that way between 3 to 5 days. I dont know why it seems faster to me to go thru ebay and Amazon than the actual site. I don't blame you for being upset. And that is not good customer service to not respond back to a customer with an issue.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm really loving the Pelican Protector, UAG Monarch (Black), Tech 21 EVO Check (black) and the Speck Grip case in black. Can't go wrong with any of these.

Verizon has a special That I could not pass up. $89.99 for 3 cases and or accessories under $50. each.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Dang that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. I ordered thru them but thru ebay. I had to go back and look. I ordered mine on the 9/14 and got it 9/18. So you went to their website and ordered right? I had a simular issue with zizo. I ordered one from them on their website and it took 3 weeks to get. Not for the note8 but for my lg v20. Well they ended up sending me another one that came in like 3 or 4 days and told me to keep the other if it came so I had 2 for price of one. But after that i order from them thru ebay and always get it that way between 3 to 5 days. I dont know why it seems faster to me to go thru ebay and Amazon than the actual site. I don't blame you for being upset. And that is not good customer service to not respond back to a customer with an issue.

If you read the review for Supcase for the cases they make and sell on Amazon you will see hardly no one ever gets a reply from the company when they contact them regarding issues.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
If you read the review for Supcase for the cases they make and sell on Amazon you will see hardly no one ever gets a reply from the company when they contact them regarding issues.

As I said that is bad customer service. I read review when I go to order from a company on Amazon. Which I didn't order this case on the Amazon so I didn't read their reviews.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch